Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Then you know how we (the pve'ers feel) when everybody can just go back in another expansion and solo the meta and get the mounts we spent several months to get.

Deleted
    As someone who never even got a gladiator mount: No. Just no.

Also, Gladiator mounts are considerably harder to get than PvE mounts, because there is a factor which doesn't exist for meta achievements, boss kills etc: Direct competition from other players.
    It would be only comparable if let's say the first 100 guilds that kill a boss would get the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by pvpganking View Post
    since you didn't understand my post and you obviously know nothing about skill floor or cap, I suggest you just stick to playing your hard elemental shaman at high level
    and rofl dude this game consists of like 80% instants and procs and 20% 1.5 sec casts(which are even lower thanks to haste), frost mages are no exception
    I don't play Elemental, never have in Cataclysm/Mists of Pandaria. I play Restoration exclusively in PvP. You really are clueless if you are serious about those instant cast statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinevere- View Post
    Then you know how we (the pve'ers feel) when everybody can just go back in another expansion and solo the meta and get the mounts we spent several months to get.
    I know how you feel, I too PvE. Which is why I said they should make PvE mounts harder to get, and leave the PvP mounts alone. Blizzard shouldn't make PvP mounts as easy to obtain as PvE mounts, it should be the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgive me if I'm reading the OP wrong, but I think is a horrible idea and I don't even really PvP anymore.

First of all, how exactly do you expect someone to spend 25k conquest points on a mount when there's a 4k conquest cap? Second...I PvP'd exclusively the season SoO first came out and got more than my cap every week doing guild RBGs. By the way the season was 3/4 over, I was swimming in conquest points I didn't even need anymore. I didn't have anything left to buy with them. They were really, really easy to get with minimal effort.

I don't feel like I should have had access to a mount that people spent a massive amount of time and skill on in previous seasons just because it's now "old".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinevere- View Post
    Then you know how we (the pve'r feel) when everybody can just go back in another expansion and solo the meta and get the mounts we spent several months to get.
    I don't even, rofl
    back in bc it was special to have a gladi mount until nether drakes got patched in, obtainable through dailys
    every fucking season after that pvp players get rehashed pve mounts with different colours and some armor.
    pve players are able to obtain that mount in a different colour some way or another.
    comparing like them 10 million pve mounts with 14 gladiator mounts xd.......

I don't play Elemental, never have in Cataclysm/Mists of Pandaria. I play Restoration exclusively in PvP. You really are clueless if you are serious about those instant cast statistics.
    XD please enlighten me, you seem so knowledgable
    Last edited by mmocb4183ddf88; 2014-02-18 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Where is all the sudden hate on Shamans coming from? Shamans have never been, nor are they easy to play in PvP. Except for maybe Enhancement Shamans. Which ironically, are one of the harder specs of the Shaman in PvE.
    Shamans have been very easy to play in the past. Elemental dominated arenas when they still could use lust and 3 shot people (literally).

I don't even, rofl
    back in bc it was special to have a gladi mount until nether drakes got patched in, obtainable through dailys
    every fucking season after that pvp players get rehashed pve mounts with different colours and some armor.
    pve players are able to obtain that mount in a different colour some way or another.
    comparing like them 10 million pve mounts with 14 gladiator mounts xd.......
    Its only 10 million "pve" mounts out there, cause every single player has a easy time going back and getting it, its also more pve mounts to obtain since the PVE scene is bigger then the PVP scene.

From a PVE stand point, I still think the Gladiator nether drake is amazing compared to the ones that got patched in. Its fully armored and still one of the rarest and coolest mounts I see flying around.
    You are fairly mistaken if you think there's 10 million PVE mounts.. Im not talking about the casual mounts you can buy from faction vendors. Im talking about the mounts only available through doing raid meta's! The numbers are fairly similar when it comes to raid meta mounts & pvp mounts if you look them up.

Also, one of the mounts that should just be removed is the end tier, boss kill drops like Ashes of Al'ar / Mimirons Head / Invincible etc.. These mounts took exceedingly long to get. And you + your guild needed to be very quick on getting to the end game to even get a chance on this mount.
    Last edited by Guinevere-; 2014-02-18 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I don't feel like I should have had access to a mount that people spent a massive amount of time and skill on in previous seasons just because it's now "old".
    That is exactly how PVE players feel.

Look at Ashes of Al'ar.
    During Outlands, Kael'thas was a beast. Guilds would spend countless hours just trying to learn even some of the mechanics of the fight.
    Very few level 70s were lucky enough to down him and even fewer were lucky enough to see the mount.

Now every level 90 can attempt to solo him to claim this once great trophy of a elite PVE raid.

By making it where everyone can get these old PVE mounts, they have made it where its not "special" to have them.

Having a 90 go into the Eye (a ruthless level 70 raid) and kill Kael'thas and possibly take his mount
    is the equivalent of a 90 going into a level 70 battleground, mop the floor and have a 1% chance at an old PVP mount.

I am not saying that is how it should be. I am saying that is what has happened to PVE mounts.

Forgive me if I'm reading the OP wrong, but I think is a horrible idea and I don't even really PvP anymore.

First of all, how exactly do you expect someone to spend 25k conquest points on a mount when there's a 4k conquest cap? Second...I PvP'd exclusively the season SoO first came out and got more than my cap every week doing guild RBGs. By the way the season was 3/4 over, I was swimming in conquest points I didn't even need anymore. I didn't have anything left to buy with them. They were really, really easy to get with minimal effort.

There is no conquest cap. I do agree that 25k conquest points for a mount is silly. That's like saying that you should be able to buy Garrosh's HC mount with 10k Valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Shamans have been very easy to play in the past. Elemental dominated arenas when they still could use lust and 3 shot people (literally).
    That doesn't mean it's simple now. Yes, Elemental Shamans weren't that hard to play in WotLK (no idea about Cataclysm), but they still weren't the easiest class to play (hello Paladin, Hunter, Death Knight, Warrior) in WotLK.

Gladiator mounts are a reward of skill.

Making them require 0 skill to attain would ruin the whole point of them being a reward.

Terrible idea.

I don't even like PvP and I think this idea is horrendous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neddy View Post
    I am not saying that is how it should be. I am saying that is what has happened to PVE mounts.
    Like I said: Make it so that only the first 100 guilds that kill a boss/get a meta are rewarded with the mount, and the whole thing would be comparable.
    As of now, it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Like I said: Make it so that only the first 100 guilds that kill a boss/get a meta are rewarded with the mount, and the whole thing would be comparable.
    As of now, it isn't.
    I think we need to distinguish between the 100% mount drop on a heroic end tier boss and the meta raid mounts

The 100% drop for a end boss heroic kill == Gladiator mount

Meta Raid mounts == 100 wins in 3v3 or 100 wins in RBG mounts

As of now, since the meta in SoO does not need heroic kills of all but the end boss. The difficulty is comparable.
    Last edited by Guinevere-; 2014-02-18 at 01:23 PM.

So it is ok to go back and knock out an old meta-achievement pve mount in 2-3 weeks
    but it is not ok to spend multiple weeks grinding conquest to obtain an old pvp mount?

I don't deny the amount of skill you gladiators showed to get your mounts..
    why is it so difficult to acknowledge the amount of work hard core PVE raiders put forth to obtain theirs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Darnit, I had to go upstairs and do something and didn't get to proofread my post and by the time I got back to my computer people already quoted me. :P
    Please forgive my grammar errors, I usually proofread right after posting and just didn't have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Neddy View Post
    I'm not quite sure that Blizzard would consider this the same thing. Having a 1% drop rate for an old PvE mount once a week is not quite the same thing as just going and spending some in game currency on an old PvP mount.

There is no conquest cap. I do agree that 25k conquest points for a mount is silly. That's like saying that you should be able to buy Garrosh's HC mount with 10k Valor.
    Must have been some changes since I actively PvP'd...I know they do conquest point catch up for each week you haven't capped and tack the extra on to your cap, but last I knew you could only sit on 4k total before having to buy something.

your such a joke defending elemental shamans during their prime time in wotlk in the first seasons, rofl
    do you seriously deny the time bloodlust shamans ruled arena??
    warrior was a joke the first seasons and together with mage, priest, druid, rogue the hardest classes to get gladiator with at the beginning thanks to zerging op combos with bloodlust thats also the reason why no one cares about s5, s6 gladi shaman heroes
    How bad are you at reading? I am specifically saying that Elemental Shamans weren't hard to play in Wrath of the Lich King. Warriors weren't hard to play, never have been. I'm not saying they were easy to get gladiator with, they were just easy to play. I'm not saying they were overpowered, they were easy to play.

There, easy enough to read for you now?

Must have been some changes since I actively PvP'd...I know they do conquest point catch up for each week you haven't capped and tack the extra on to your cap, but last I knew you could only sit on 4k total before having to buy something.
    To be honest, now that you've mentioned it, I'm not 100% sure either anymore. I can't check it either though, as I'm not even close to 4k conquest points.

Deleted
    How bad are you at reading? I am specifically saying that Elemental Shamans weren't hard to play in Wrath of the Lich King. Warriors weren't hard to play, never have been. I'm not saying they were easy to get gladiator with, they were just easy to play. I'm not saying they were overpowered, they were easy to play.

There, easy enough to read for you now?
    shamans were since vanilla wow beta either fucking overpowered or just meh
    either way they always had high skill floor and low skill cap, except for resto shamans during bc

shamans were since vanilla wow beta either fucking overpowered or just meh
    either way they always had high skill floor and low skill cap, except for resto shamans during bc
    Finally, something we can agree with. Thank you. That's all I wanted to say, Shamans (except for Restoration) aren't that hard to play, especially in WotLK. They should've removed Bloodlust from Arena a lot sooner.

Disagree - I don't PvP but I can see a clear difference between the PvP & PvE Rewards and they're continuous availability.

Deleted
    So grinding conquest = among the best PvPers

BIG. FUCKING. NO.

This game allready has too much artificial reasoning for people to participate, but few to none to actually become better.