Siegecrafter HC 10 man

Hi,
    My guild has been progressing Siegecrafter for the last couple of resets or so. Coming close to 200 wipes now ><, for some funked up reason we have gone with empowered mines tac (even though we don't have the ideal setup for some of the raids). I am the tank dealing with the first 2 shredders with 3 & 4 stacks. I have no problem killing the add when boss is tanked at shredders spawn location, but tonights raid i think we will be trying the tac of tanking him by the belt. This results in me having a bit less up time on shredder, therefore he will die a bit slower than normal. We are attempting to solo heal it with a mw monk.
    So on to the point of this post , would dropping 4 set and gaining more crit help in the killing of the shredder much? atm i alternate HA & AW and do the ES about a second into his cast of death from above. He dies within a second or 2 of landing. But this won't happen when i have to run to him to pick him up and get him to a sawblade, resulting in an extra electro thingy raid damage going of, i want to try and avoid this if i can. Will gaining a bit more crit make much of a difference? i already reforge mastery to crit with my 4 set. Trinkets i use are spark hc & whip hc, been quite lucky this tier with trinkets and have all options from SoO available on hc, but spark still feels like the best choice?

So on to the point of this post , would dropping 4 set and gaining more crit help in the killing of the shredder much? atm i alternate HA & AW and do the ES about a second into his cast of death from above.
    Are you using Glyph of Word of Glory? Hitting yourself with a WoG/EF with it gives you a 9% damage buff for 6 seconds, which I think would out-weigh any amount of crit you would be likely to be able to gain (and is the same duration as the damage buff on the mob).

Yeah I use it, I even pop wog as he lands and throw shield at him. I just don't think I will kill him in time to prevent the raid damage after the death from above.

At 1.5s of the Death from Above cast, I use execution sentence (this means that the later ticks will happen when its stunned).
    Is that 1.5 seconds after the cast starts, or 1.5 seconds before the cast ends?

Only ever gone to 4 stacks with the other tank going to 6 stacks for his one shredder. I have done 6 stacks before when tank roles was reversed and managed it fine with my cd's, not sure how i would manage 7 stacks though without externals, unless i rely on cloak for 6th or 7th stack?
    stack 1 & 2 just SotR, stack 3 unglyphed dp, stack 4 unglyhed dp, stack 5 guardian, stack 6 ad, stack 7 l2 to be pro and taunt and bubble maybe?