Lightbulb Campaign Battlegrounds, Mythic Dungeons, and PVE items in PVP!

Ideas for WOW:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TL;DR:
    - 2 types of BGs: the current short-lived type, and a long oldschool-AV type.
    - Mythic dungeons: more horrifying than BC heroics, with worthwhile gear rewards.
    - Allowing PVE items in PVP again; it’ll reunite the community, and get PVPers excited about PVE again!
    - Reducing hidden rules and mechanics: hitting a player could be the same as hitting a mob in PVE, or a target dummy. PVE monsters could be scaled appropriately.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- 2 types of battlegrounds: skirmishes and campaigns.
    - “Skirmish” type:
    - WSG, AB, EoTS, BoG, SoTA, TP, SM, ToK and DG.
    - Short, 20min fight.
    - Rewards honour.
    - Rated BGs will be of this type, but reward conquest points, and continue with existing rating system.

- “Campaign” type:
    - AV and IoC
    - Long, ongoing battle.
    - No reinforcements limit, time limit, etc.
    - The battle only ends when the enemy marshal is defeated.
    - More significant PVE elements
    - Bosses significantly harder,
    - Enemy officers and guards are significant,
    - Summonables such as Ivus the Forest Lord or Lokholar the Ice Lord are formidable, and are a viable strategy for victory.
    - Players can join and leave at will.
    - Leaving will result in the deserter debuff only if the player has participated for less than 10 mins.
    - Fighting rewards honour.
    - Victory rewards honour and conquest points.
    - Proportional to participation & contribution.
    - A rating/reward system akin to the original honour system, for recognition in battle.
    - With or without practical rewards.
    - Perhaps new “oldschool” honour pieces, like GM plate.

- 4 types of dungeons: normal, heroic and mythic.
    - “Normal” type:
    - As is.
    - Completed as you level to cap.
    - Rewards minor justice points.
    - May be LFD.

- “Heroic” type:
    - As is.
    - Completed at level cap.
    - Approximately the same difficulty as normal was while levelling up.
    - Rewards justice points.
    - May be LFD.

- “Mythic” type:
    - As- or more- difficult than BC-style heroics.
    - May not be LFD.
    - Heavy requirement for CC and consumables.
    - Not scaling, but difficult enough that the challenge cannot be overcome by gear alone.
    - Rewards justice and valour.
    - Bosses have small chance of dropping raid-level items.
    - Bosses have very small chance of dropping heroic raid-level items.

- “Challenge mode” type:
    - Are fantastic, and need to continue rocking!

- Making PVE gear viable again in PVP (or “End the separation of the PVE and PVP communities!!”)
    - Allow a WOTLK-esque inclusion of PVE items in PVP.
    - Ie. The best set for PVP may include a mix of PVP- and PVE- items.
    - Tournament realms would be restricted to PVP-only items.
    - It would psychologically benefit the community:

- As a PVPer, PVE has lost context for me as none of the gear is relevant to instanced PVP. Although PVE is enjoyable, for me it is simply no longer worth the effort.
    - I used to organise many raids for PVP-relevant items like Deathbringer’s Will, Death’s Verdict, Betrayer of Humanity, etc. I believe that the PVP community, given the incentive for key PVE items, would host such raids again. This would help foster community.
    - I had a full T-10 holy AND ret set, in my quest to get DBW!
    - I formed dozens of TOC runs, seeking Death’s Verdict! It never dropped! The Val’kyr killed everyone!
    - I locked 80 people to Naxxramas in an ill-fated, 4-day campaign for Betrayer of Humanity!
    - And many more shenanigans!

- PVPers could become excited about new raids and PVE items once more.
    - PVEer could stand a chance in instanced PVP.
    - Everybody* wins!
    - *Except for those who are 100% against PVE.

- Downplaying of hidden rules and mechanics
    - It would be nice to hit a similarly-armoured player as much as a dummy or monster.
    - The scaling-down of gear to instanced PVP feels a bit odd, and makes outdoor PVP play out differently to instanced PVP.
    - Your character’s damage/healing changes so much according to the environment that it does not feel as solid or visceral as before.

Cheers! Tell me what you think!
    Sacrednemo

TL;DR again:
    - 2 types of BGs: the current short-lived type, and a long oldschool-AV type.
    - Mythic dungeons: more horrifying than BC heroics, with worthwhile gear rewards.
    - Allowing PVE items in PVP again; it’ll reunite the community, and get PVPers excited about PVE again!
    - Reducing hidden rules and mechanics: hitting a player could be the same as hitting a mob in PVE, or a target dummy. PVE monsters could be scaled appropriately.
    Last edited by Sacrednemo; 2014-02-18 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Formatting