Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Possible 90 Boost Price

So I get this bright idea to open a ticket and ask how much a paid 90 would cost. I said my son wanted to enjoy the game at max lvl but he doesn't play much at 7 years old and well here is that portion of chat... I saved it in PDF format and I took a screen shot. THats why it looks this way. The question is, do you think the price is fair?????
    Last edited by Rad1um; 2014-01-28 at 10:31 PM. Reason: eagles have landed

You should add the word 'complete speculation' to the subject line.

I think it is best that we wait for actual confirmation from Blizzard but this price point would not surprise me at all.

I'd say 10 bucks will be an appropriate price.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazmodius View Post
    I'd say 10 bucks will be an appropriate price.
    A level 90 toon is cheaper than a mount? I'd say no... It will be between mount price and expansion price. There is rumors the $40 expansion won't include the boost and might be restricted to the digital deluxe version ($60). So $55 does not sound far-fetched.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Doesn't that defeat the point of making it buyable? If you can buy a copy of WoD and a server transfer, to move it to your main account for cheaper, what's the point?
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    You should add the word 'complete speculation' to the subject line.
    Nooo I never said it was the price. my title CLEARLY states it will cost more than any of their current paid services. Im not misleading anyone.
    ""I CAN SAY THAT IT WILL LIKELY BE MORE THAN THE OTHER SERVICES THAT WE HAVE SO FAR""

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    A level 90 toon is cheaper than a mount? I'd say no... It will be between mount price and expansion price. There is rumors the $40 expansion won't include the boost and might be restricted to the digital deluxe version ($60). So $55 does not sound far-fetched.
    Link to said rumor? (Now that backlash would be immense)

anything less than $50 is too cheap
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by MetalheroDamien View Post
    Doesn't that defeat the point of making it buyable? If you can buy a copy of WoD and a server transfer, to move it to your main account for cheaper, what's the point?
    Using that method you would still have to buy the base game, MOP and WOD plus a transfer fee which is unlikely to be cheaper.

Deleted
    Let it be 1cent. Let it be the lowest possible amount of the least valuable currency, with a discount next time your monthly fee is up. I don't give an inkling of a fuck if everyone has a full realm of 90s toons. It will affect me literally not at all - except, perhaps, making it a bit harder to find low level instance runs, but I'll live.

Deleted
    I wouldnt expect it to be less than a faction change though/realm transfer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Leveling a rogue at the moment. Lvl 77 and hating it. Not the rogue, but questing. And LFD even. I'd say $55 isn't a big price for skipping that shitpile called leveling. I'd prefer if they fixed it - make it fast but somewhat engaging, but we can't get everything we want.
    And by the way, why does a 7yo play wow?

Deleted
    if your story of 7 year old son is true.... WHY??????
    the leveling is much more suited for children with new stuff to explore behind every corner then the stuff you do on 90. which composes mostly of grinding or difficult stuff. yeah sure, your child might like lfr, but i think it will also like the exploration.
    and stoping that cause of chat? well. with 90 you still get the same chat. in capitals its sometimes even worse then somewhere in the world. but if that is an issue, you could just disable the common channel for your child. that way he/she will not be bothered.

so on topic: i think a pricepoint of about 20-40€ would be fitting. not that i would pay that much, but i think that would fit good with the other stuff on the store.
    and about wod only including the upgrade on digital delux/ce. i call bullshit. they said on the blizzcon "everyone with wod will get the upgrade" not "all with ce/dd will get free upgrade" and i think there will be much backlash if it would not be available for the standart edition

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    While that is more than I expected, since I'm not even 100% sure what I will do with the free one we get with the expac, I guess my reaction to this news is: "Meh"

Wouldn't make too much sense for that service to be really cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is real (which I doubt), I say fantastic, will discourage people from doing it just for the hell of it, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    anything less than $50 is too cheap
    Anything less than $100 is too cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Link to said rumor? (Now that backlash would be immense)
    it was a survery blizzard sent out to some people:
    The survey asked about pricing Warlords of Draenor at $39 or $49 with the boost of a character to level 90.
    It also asked about pricing Warlords of Draenor at $39 without boost of a character to level 90.
    Another question asked what a fair price for the level 90 boost would be.
    Keep in mind that as it was described at Blizzcon, you might be able to purchase a copy of Warlords of Draenor and WoW, then get the free level 90 and transfer that character to your main WoW account, which would allow the purchase of level 90 characters in a roundabout way.
    The Blizzcon Q&A mentioned that the team has talked about putting a level 90 purchase option in the store.
    Players were also asked if they had purchased the Annual Pass for Diablo 3 and if they would purchase an annual pass now.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ght-Heroic-ToT

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Anything less than $100 is too cheap.
    Take it easy Gordon Gecko. You have to remember this instant level to 90 is also to get some of those who left the game to re subscribe.

I think $40. Much more and you are pushing it