Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    More money for developers to develop the game. Someone will pay for new content instead of me. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Haha, too bad for morons that planned to boost 10 characters i guess. Sounds like a fair price to me considering the time investment needed to get to 90.
    50 hours of game play = level 90

Deleted
    To the guy who said that 60$ is just 2 hours of work for him - good for you that you live in a normal country and have a normal job. In my country you would have to, on average, work for 30 hours (thirty) or about 15 hours in a VERY WELL paid job, e.g. an experienced PhD lecturer in a university/ a senior engineer in a big corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    I live in Washington. The minimum wage here is $9.32/hour. Let's assume it takes Dude A a total of a week of larding on chair to get to 90 and plays 10 hours a day 7 days for that week. That's a total of 70 hours(most hardcore MMO players will totally play more than this). 70x$9.32=$652.4. Theoretically, Dude A missed out on that amount of production just to level to 90. If he invested in this he could save himself $592! Whoa, math is great! What would you choose?
    Lmao. If you don't enjoy playing the game you're doing it wrong. It's not a job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Until blizzard officially says what the price is - i would not take anything that "people saw for a few minutes" as final.

60$ sounds way way way too much, the more realistic price would be around 20$.
    Says...who?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

seems about right when you look at the other prices in Blizzard's cash shop

no way would I get that though, I can buy a brand new game for that much

The real question is how long to you get to enjoy the "max level" experience before you have to level that $60 toon again?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm all for the boosts being buyable. but $60? fuck that shit. they're fucking goddamn retarded.
    60$ makes you think what to buy, and it doesn't have that devestating effect, if boosts where available for 10$ you think anyone would ever level up again and imagine the ques for lowbie dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm all for the boosts being buyable. but $60? fuck that shit. they're fucking goddamn retarded.
    That's the price of all the xpacs. The whole reason for the purchaseable boost was so people didn't have to do a complicated process to get multiple insta 90s

Deleted
    $60, that sounds quite reasonable. how many can i buy?

Deleted
    I hope that was a mistake and that shit wont get live when server are up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Until blizzard officially says what the price is - i would not take anything that "people saw for a few minutes" as final.

60$ sounds way way way too much, the more realistic price would be around 20$.

Why would they charge less for a level 90 character then they charge for a race/faction change? why would they charge less for a level 90 character then the cost of buying the whole game + expansion (WoD) and getting the boost that way.

60 bucks sound perfectly fine, swiping your card should not be a viable option to leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Siffi View Post
    Which achievement are you talking about?There is no pet av where you have to buy a pet for real money.
    wow is not up right now.. and can't find it on wowhead, but it is one of the two achieves I don't have, requires three store bought pets to complete. When wow comes back up I will repost with it.

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    I live in Washington. The minimum wage here is $9.32/hour. Let's assume it takes Dude A a total of a week of larding on chair to get to 90 and plays 10 hours a day 7 days for that week. That's a total of 70 hours(most hardcore MMO players will totally play more than this). 70x$9.32=$652.4. Theoretically, Dude A missed out on that amount of production just to level to 90. If he invested in this he could save himself $592! Whoa, math is great! What would you choose?
    Even better, if he works in a state with Blue Laws, he makes time and a half on sundays. Which makes it 698 for that week. Which turns out to be a profit of 638. And let's say he has 10 level 90's that he wasted leveling. That's $6,380 before taxes. That's practically a new cars worth time he spent on a video game leveling.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    We can still level without paying $60 btw

Lazy people wanted to buy free characters.

Now they are upset that its not for freeeeeeee. Oh yea.

Keep it constructive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    We're arguing about this in a place filled with people who believe Blizzard can do no wrong and who will gladly eat up whatever garbage the company spews onto their plates. It's futile, let them have their $60 level 90s. You can protest with your wallets and elsewhere, but you can't win here.
    There are just as many people, if not more, who argue here who thinks Blizzard is the incarnate of evil and that every single thing they do has been blessed by a Satanic priest. Neither one are more rational or legitimate than the other. Just two sides of the same ridiculous coin.

Assuming that anyone who disagrees with how you see it is a " Blizzard Fanboi, blinded by devotion to corporation with no ability to think on their own is an egocentric view that ironically requires the same type of misguided devotion to a principle that a "Fanboi" requires to arrive at their conclusion.

We're all stocked up here on the haters and the fanbois, Palooka. How about you let the rest of us do the heavy lifting here and own our viewpoints on merit rather than trudging through here and knocking everything off the shelves because people don't see it your way. Reasoning with that type of person is actually what's "futile."
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    Lmao. If you don't enjoy playing the game you're doing it wrong. It's not a job.
    You can enjoy a game but not all aspects of it (for example the leveling part). I don't intend to buy a char like this, but I can 100% see why people would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    Joke's on you for not waiting for a Steam Sale.
    It was an example but I buy COD right away, I don't wait for sale, because that means then when I buy it, most people are bored of it

Quote Originally Posted by Carnebill View Post
    I think most of what they offer (Server transfers/faction change/race change) is generally overpriced. $60 for a current max level character...is...probably not horrible.
    Is overpriced, just as any other service, mount or pet they sell.

There is no possible justification to have a in-game service be so expensive, but then again... it's exacty the same that we can say about anu pet, mount or service that is present in the shop... so... is somehow expected. Also, from a business point of view all those services and expensive items really work for them, so... why change?

The price for me should be no more than 30€ with a little extra if you want to take advantage of the veteran reward, like 5-10€.