Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    What if, some of us don't like that you can buy a boost at all?
    lol, you are preaching to the choir, I'm just telling these guys that the leveling boost can end up being justification for other bad stuff like selling gear. I think it shouldn't be in the game, if someone is playing an MMO and doesn't want to do something like level up.... chances are an MMO is not their game. Not sure why blizzard is focusing on a demographic that essentially wants them to change the game away from an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    1. It's meant as an easier way to get a level 90 than buying more copies of WoD and transfering chars. Not cheaper.
    2. Illegal Powerleveling services cost 100 to 180 dollar for a level 90. Blizzard is cheaper. This will be another big hit for goldsellers.

I don't see why people think this is too expensive.
    $60 on a game that already carries a monthly subscription and costly expansions isn't expensive to you?

I make a really comfortable living and that is still more than it would cost to take my wife out for dinner and drinks at a local farm-to-table restaurant. It just seems like they're poaching on the instant gratification folks and, even worse, those coming back to the game and trying to catch up to their friends before the expansion.

I've spent almost $2000 on blizzard products and services since 2008 and this is still pretty damn expensive to me.

At least now I can laugh at all the friends who teased me for leveling every class to 90!

Lastly, the service seems so exorbitant mainly because it makes the statement that the content isn't important enough to expect someone to go through, but is important enough to cost a AAA title's price tag to skip.
    Last edited by Prag; 2014-02-18 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    If you put a large time consuming obstacle in front of players that they do not enjoy and give them no option but to play through or pay $60 it stands to reason that some of them will skip the levelling content by choosing to skip the game entirely.
    So your theory is that giving people an additional choice for getting to 90 will cause them to quit the game? Brilliant.

Heres the deal: you either level at a rate of 1 dollar and 50 cents per hour assuming it takes you 45 hours from 1-90

THAT or you pay 60 dollars and free up your free time.

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Paying the full price of a brand new game to not play a game you pay a sub for.
    Do you think the people who pay for this service are going to stop playing? They're not buying stopping their gameplay, they're skipping it.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    lol, you are preaching to the choir, I'm just telling these guys that the leveling boost can end up being justification for other bad stuff like selling gear. I think it shouldn't be in the game, if someone is playing an MMO and doesn't want to do something like level up.... chances are an MMO is not their game. Not sure why blizzard is focusing on a demographic that essentially wants them to change the game away from an MMO.
    While I agree. slippery slope antics aren't really that logical. It goes back to someones min wage example. "Change the min wager to 10$? Why not 50$???"

I can see why you have that concern, but lets just hope it won't come to that. I won't buy a 90 boost, but I also can't just call Blizzard and make them disable the shop...

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    How many level 90's has the average player?
    How many fully-flex-geared characters has this player?
    They are NOT on the same level.
    Do you know what the same level would be?
    If during WoD they gave you MoP-flex gear.
    90's, like flex geared toons, just take time, that's all - both are very easy as long as you put in the time. Plus that statement already gives away the answer obviously lol, as you have to be 90 to do flex in the first place. I can use all sorts of weird justifications for selling gear, but at the end of the day, it's a bad idea. Likewise, people can make all sorts of weird justifications for selling instant 90, but at the end of the day, my opinion here, it's an awful idea.

For example, I've had boss I'd beat on heroic over 15 times, and they still never dropped what I wanted. At that point, why can't I just buy it? I mean, I did beat the boss a lot and just got stiffed on bad RNG. Or how about a guy taht wants to pvp but doesn't have the time to get a full set, should he suffer and get killed a lot? Or should blizzard give him the option to buy gear? You can make all sorts of weird justifications for selling leveling boosts or gear that have a tiny amount of merit, at the end of the day, these things are just bad for the game though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    While I agree. slippery slope antics aren't really that logical. It goes back to someones min wage example. "Change the min wager to 10$? Why not 50$???"

I can see why you have that concern, but lets just hope it won't come to that. I won't buy a 90 boost, but I also can't just call Blizzard and make them disable the shop...
    Yeah, it's all just debating, I'm merely pointing out I don't think it's a good system to have. Of course, blizz is going to do what they want at the end of the day. I will say, this type of stuff has screwed up the game in the past, faction changes have neutered world pvp and realm changes have created a lot of dead realms that used to be quite popular, often putting players in a position where they have to leave realms they used to really enjoy. I personally would like to see less of that stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I plan to quit the game soon because of game imbalance. This just adds another reason to my list. In the mean time, enjoy your waste of money. What the hell happened to Blizzard?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    Well.. uhm... yes.
    How else can you call them?

In old good days you typed iddqd or sv_cheats 1 to cheat.
    Nowadays you type your credit card number.

But the result is the same - you did not earn what you got in the game, you are not playing it fair, your are a dirty cheater and I don't want to know you!
    Because leveling to 90 is such an accomplishment in Warcraft today. I've changed my mind. I'll buy my 2nd 90 so I can spend my time learning crochet instead. That's an accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    So your theory is that giving people an additional choice for getting to 90 will cause them to quit the game? Brilliant.
    If they have not already some will without doubt quit. But let's be honest paying $60 to skip shitty content is not the greatest choice on offer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragosos View Post
    Heres the deal: you either level at a rate of 1 dollar and 50 cents per hour assuming it takes you 45 hours from 1-90

THAT or you pay 60 dollars and free up your free time.
    Or you pay nothing and free up lots more free time.
    Last edited by Pann; 2014-02-18 at 10:59 PM.

I think what a lot of people in this thread are forgetting is the level boost to 90 is a LUXURY. No one is forcing you to purchase it. It exists for people with disposable income, who care to spend some of it to circumvent a large time investment and receive a basic lvl 90. If you do not have the money to purchase the boost, or do not wish to spend your hard earned money on it then you don't have to and may use the more traditional method of putting in the time to manually level up to 90. To use a real world example, both a 85 Toyota Corolla and a 2014 Rolls Royce Phantom will get you from point A to point B but one costs 1000x more than the other. The Rolls is a LUXURY for people who have the money and want to travel in style and comfort. Just because I cant afford the Rolls, does that mean I get to stamp my feet and cry and call people who do buy the Rolls retards and idiots? And should I demand they sell me one for $200 dollars because that is what I think is more "fair?" If you cant afford/don't want to spend it don't, for those that can/want to then do so. Calling someone stupid and attacking them because they decided $60 to them was an acceptable investment to cut off 20-30 hours of grindy leveling only makes you look like a whiny child.

Do you think the people who pay for this service are going to stop playing? They're not buying stopping their gameplay, they're skipping it.
    Which I think is the point they're making.

For instance looking at a franchise such as Mass Effect.

In Mass Effect 2 and 3 they had put in a comic book style DLC that allowed you to go through a 15 minute story going through every major event and allowing you to make your decisions with out playing the previous games. Now with that being said it made it to the point where you didn't have to play through the previous games that could last nearly 6 or more hours into 15 minutes. Inevitably skipping most of the game.

Now obviously comparing apples and oranges when it comes to either of these franchises, but it does still make sense that you're paying to skip content, which is what I think the point they were coming across.

Of course the end game is what most people want to jump into, especially if it's an alt, which is why I have no problem if someone wishes to skip A and B to get to C.

why the fuck you people cry about it?!

Oh no, Blizzard know full well those who will spend $60 to skip parts of their game in order to do exactly the same as they have been doing the past few months are not going to stop playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I plan to quit the game soon because of game imbalance. This just adds another reason to my list. In the mean time, enjoy your waste of money. What the hell happened to Blizzard?
    They realized a good large portion of their player base would rather pay to win. Why earn something in game that you could buy for an hour of salary. I'm looking foreward to heroic gear going on sale. I don't really like raiding anyway. I just want the gear.

I'd gladly plunk down the dollars to skip it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    Which I think is the point they're making.

For instance looking at a franchise such as Mass Effect.

In Mass Effect 2 and 3 they had put in a comic book style DLC that allowed you to go through a 15 minute story going through every major event and allowing you to make your decisions with out playing the previous games. Now with that being said it made it to the point where you didn't have to play through the previous games that could last nearly 6 or more hours into 15 minutes. Inevitably skipping most of the game.

Now obviously comparing apples and oranges when it comes to either of these franchises, but it does still make sense that you're paying to skip content, which is what I think the point they were coming across.

Of course the end game is what most people want to jump into, especially if it's an alt, which is why I have no problem if someone wishes to skip A and B to get to C.
    And then Blizzard will make some head-scratching theory on why they feel people can't connect to their characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would have had to be higher then a server and faction change which is $55. Why are you all surprised?

Does anyone know if it comes with basic gear or if it's a naked 90?
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    And then Blizzard will make some head-scratching theory on why they feel people can't connect to their characters.
    Haha, I'm hoping I'm taking this as a Mass Effect joke if not then it went way over my head.

Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    Does anyone know if it comes with basic gear or if it's a naked 90?
    489 greens is what I believe I saw. Glad its expensive. I won't be getting any other then the one for pre-ordering. Not like this is going to help anyone. In WoD they still have to get to 100 on their own. The only thing I am worried about is all the people who are now insta 90 with literally no clue how to play. Yet again, we have plenty of people who have leveled to 90 but still have no clue how to play.