Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    if you plan on playing the next expansion, you need to reach the appropriate level.

if blizzard finds they can charge people an additional $60 'entry fee' into the real content, they will do everything to discourage people from 'playing for free'. This means less heirlooms, higher XP requirements, reduced effects of rested experience, and an increase in grind all around.

dont be surprised if you see a line from blizzard in the near future 'People have been complaining about leveling too quickly through zones, or simply bypassing them entirely after a single dungeon, so we have decided to reduce/remove the XP from dungeons & BG, and increase the XP required from levels 1-90'.
    Refer a friend has been around for ages cupcake, they already had this, and nothing has changed, they're just making it more convenient for those who do use it. Calm down, the game will be fine, go on to the next sky is falling subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatahe View Post
    Hahaha no way anybody is paying 60 dollars.... 20 sound expensive already, at least to me...
    How do you afford a sub then? It's almost $20 every month...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Refer a friend has been around for ages cupcake, they already had this, and nothing has changed, they're just making it more convenient for those who do use it. Calm down, the game will be fine, go on to the next sky is falling subject.
    IKR? I did one RAF and in a few weeks of casual play I had 4 85s thanks to the grant-a-levels and some old level 60s I had lying around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    if you plan on playing the next expansion, you need to reach the appropriate level.
    You mean, apart from the main you already have, the alts you may already have, plus the free 90 you get just from buying the damn game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...why? What does server/faction change have to do with auto deeming a level 90? The two are totally unrelated
    Some people level a new toon in lieu of faction changing and/or server changing. If a boost was cheaper, they might lose server/faction change business as a result, with more people opting to boost a new toon rather than faction and server changing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    How is it overly expensive?
    You don't need to have it. It's not bread, you're not a peasant. If it's too expensive for you guys, well, you'll get by just fine.

I like how completely detached from reality you people are, there are still those lazy people that can't be asked to level, so they'll go and buy one and at the end of the day Blizzard will still profit. Which I would like to point out, that, as a company, profit is their entire goal.

But please, keep complaining about an overpriced feature that nobody is forcing you to buy, when leveling is already one of the easiest things to do in this game, I would tell you to go a step further and compare it to theft, but that's already been done.

The entitlement mentality you people have disgusts me, I miss the days when you would be laughed off from forums.
    Wildberry I never ussually agree with you, but this was a good post by you & I agree the Entitlement people have nowadays is ridiculous.

Did people really think the pay to 90 would be cheap? with this price it prevents the system from being abused & us having more bads in the game than we have already.

The leveling experience in the game remains intact also people seem to forget with Warlords they get their free 90.

Trust me if we could have the days of where the Entitled Crowd had no voice on the forums. I would give up a limb for it.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    I think it's expensive, but I think all their 'services' are expensive. I don't particularly have an issue with that, because they're a business and the profit line is all that matters to them, what I do object to is the excuse that was made about the high price of server/faction/race transfers being because they wanted 'to make players consider before making changes'. The price for these fresh 90s confirms that.

That said: a service is worth exactly what you pay for it. I've paid for several server and even faction transfers, because I wanted the service enough to buy it even though I considered it expensive. I'd never dream of spending £20 on a mount that everyone can have, or £9 on a pointless pet, or whatever it costs for the hats, because they're less than worthless to me.

I would potentially use this service. I'm disappointed that it's not cheaper and I'd probably have ended up spending more on it in the long run if it were cheaper, but I might use it.

I disagree with the argument that it needs to be more expensive than a realm and faction change, I'd far rather realm and faction change a long loved character with all its reputations and history and soulbound goodies and maxed archaeology (fuck doing that grind again) than buy a pale copy. And if you're moving server to join a raid or pvp guild with gear requirements, all the buyable green-geared 90s in the world are meaningless to you.
    Last edited by mmoc263431aa9d; 2014-02-19 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    $60 to save 150 hours is overpriced? Is your time not even worth 40 cents an hour? If that's the case I have some sweatshops you can apply to.
    But game-time is supposed to be fun-time. It isn't work. And it's not like I would be working instead, I'd be gaming in some other way. So this comparison is ridiculous.

For a new player, the first few leveling experiences have the potential to be particularly enjoyable. Potential. Enjoyable. Notice those words.

This is also where the averages falls apart, because someone with a tank/healer can farm a full set of heirlooms in a couple hours which reduces that time by, what, 50%? If the person is a fast leveler, it's $60 for 50 hours. Not even close.

So, yeah, they overshot it.
    Last edited by Manhands; 2014-02-19 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    But game-time is supposed to be fun-time. It isn't work. And it's not like I would be working instead, I'd be gaming in some other way. So this comparison is ridiculous.
    Leveling your nth character 1-90 is not fun.
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    Leveling your nth character 1-90 is not fun.
    For some. I still find it fun, sometimes painful, but mostly fun. I was going to use my free 90 to roll a mount farming alt on a PvE server, but I made the mistake of logging on it. Now I'm happily leveling away for no reason, just because I can. I have deleted max level characters and rerolled them twice, since we have woefully small server limits. But hey, now that my realm is merged I have 22 new character slots.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    60 bucks or spend a few days hating your character...
    Fixed that for you. Some of us hates leveling with a passion. i soon have 9 90's and i hated all past the first 3 to level. but i did it because i want to.

Most likely not gonna be using this service unless friends of mine wants to play with them on an alt on another server.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I was going to use my free 90 to roll a mount farming alt on a PvE server, but I made the mistake of logging on it.
    What do you mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean?
    I mean exactly what I typed after that? Because I logged on I just started leveling for no reason, then kept going because I enjoyed it. Now I won't be using my free 90 for it, but will just level it instead lol.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Let´s see 60$ a brand new 90...
    20$ a subscription, thats 3 months

90 days for a new 90

It takes 3 days or even less to get from 1 to 90 (leveling skills)...

I like people who will pay for their new 90 !

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I mean exactly what I typed after that? Because I logged on I just started leveling for no reason, then kept going because I enjoyed it. Now I won't be using my free 90 for it, but will just level it instead lol.
    Oh ok....I thought you meant that you already had the free 90, but messed up somehow.

$60 dollars? psssh, I spent $80 in pokemon cards alone today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not going to buy now. When the boost was first announced, my limit was going to be $5-10. It's possible that I would have gone higher if I wanted a new character but was really dreading leveling again, but I don't see myself hating it enough to spend $60 just to avoid a few days work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Definitely not going to buy now. When the boost was first announced, my limit was going to be $5-10. It's possible that I would have gone higher if I wanted a new character but was really dreading leveling again, but I don't see myself hating it enough to spend $60 just to avoid a few days work.
    Eh, I never expected it to be around $5-10, since even a character transfer is $25, if I'm not mistaken. Truly I was expecting $40 mainly because it's still up there to make people leery of doing it constantly, but enough for the people who really want to skip leveling to 90. Still the same with it being $60, but obviously a less attractive deal unless you REALLY want to get a character to 90 instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh ok....I thought you meant that you already had the free 90, but messed up somehow.
    Yeah I can see how you could have taken it that way. I just meant some people like leveling and gave a quaint anecdote about it. But I understand the general point that leveling your umpteenth character is pretty tedious.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Hermit View Post
    $60 dollars? psssh, I spent $80 in pokemon cards alone today.
    Like previously mentioned would properly not use it.

When i was big into mtg i in under 1½ year used 9000$ on the damn thing. 60$ is nothing compared to that :P
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

So... people are going to pay $60 to... not play 90% of the game they bought?

LOL
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So... people are going to pay $60 to... not play 90% of the game they bought?

LOL
    Oh silly you...you know that is not 90% of the game.
    BAD WOLF