Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Will cost me nothing as I don't require the service. Reasonable price in my mind, could have gone higher. This is a price tag that should stop most impulse buyers and give people a reason to still level a character. This service wasn't implemented to remove levelling from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Oh silly you...you know that is not 90% of the game.
    lol :P

but paying $60 to skip... 4 expansions worth of content you already payed for just seems silly to me. Even if it is something you have done to death.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Thats not a bad price, easily affordable for young people with jobs and no real responsability.

Here's what I am saying, and I'll see if anyone else agrees with me:
    At $20, I'd eventually purchase a level 90 boost for all of my pending characters, even getting them to 60 first for the trade skill bonus if I wanted to. For me, that's $160.

At $40, I would have bought up to 3 boosts, likely on the DPS classes I am interested in leveling -- Lock, Rogue, and Hunter. That would be $120.

At $60, I am just going battlechest and RAF myself, using a disc priest on the RAF account to solo in dungeons at 300% XP with heirlooms on the main account. This will cost me $25 total, and it will get ALL of my toons to level 85. The only other downside is I probably should farm the couple thousand gold for the guild heirlooms for the priest so it is even easier for me to solo (duo) dungeons.

That's $135 blizzard won't be making from me -- 2 90 boosts at the current pricing and then some.

The reality is, I can't bring myself to say "I value level 90 at the price point of a full triple A title, or 4 months of game time." It's not that the idea that the total investment isn't worth, it's that I don't value 1-90 at $60. It's not that bad, especially RAFing myself.
    Last edited by Letdown; 2014-02-19 at 04:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    60 bucks for no professions and green gear just to save a week or two worth of leveling? Hahahaha...
    A week or two? You can easily get to level 85 in 10 hours with RAF. That is less than 90 minutes a day over the course of a week. The leveling part from 85 to 90 is going to be nerfed after MoP.

However to transfer the character to your main account is 20 EUR.

And 10 hours / (60 - 20) = 4 EUR/hour.

Assuming the leveling is more boring than a day time job most people in the West earn more than 4 EUR/hour, but not in China.

Result: powerleveling without botting with account sharing remains a viable competition.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    lol :P

but paying $60 to skip... 4 expansions worth of content you already payed for just seems silly to me. Even if it is something you have done to death.
    you don't experience 100% of content from each expansion while leveling even 1st character, not to mention 5+ alt. I don't think its more than 20-40% for 1st.

Too low price = overflow with alts i.e killing the leveling process, causing instability, causing overflow of noobs in lfrs and lfds and in general
    Too high price = Less people buy alts, but people with more money (!) than the average players will be able to purchase many more alts, making them an advantage of having multiple classes and races and, causing it to become an elitist thing = causing a disrupted community and issues thereoff.

No matter how you spin it, p2w is p2w and its going to ruin the game.

lol people are crazy, to hell if I'm going to spend $60 to upgrade a character! I'd rather level than pay out $60 in real money to upgrade a character to 90. $25 maybe but even that would be pushing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Too low price = overflow with alts i.e killing the leveling process, causing instability, causing overflow of noobs in lfrs and lfds and in general
    Too high price = Less people buy alts, but people with more money (!) than the average players will be able to purchase many more alts, making them an advantage of having multiple classes and races and, causing it to become an elitist thing = causing a disrupted community and issues thereoff.

P2W would be buying a character with full heroic and prideful pvp gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    A week or two? You can easily get to level 85 in 10 hours with RAF. That is less than 90 minutes a day over the course of a week. The leveling part from 85 to 90 is going to be nerfed after MoP.

However to transfer the character to your main account is 20 EUR.

And 10 hours / (60 - 20) = 4 EUR/hour.

Assuming the leveling is more boring than a day time job most people in the West earn more than 4 EUR/hour, but not in China.

Result: powerleveling without botting with account sharing remains a viable competition.
    Raf retired today, there is only 3 days left with Raf.

Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    Leveling your nth character 1-90 is not fun.
    The value of "n" varies from person to person.

For me it was about 5-7, when I ran out of unique zones/dungeons to level in.

Although I had fun on another 3-4 toons after the Cata revamp made it interesting again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkgego View Post
    It takes 3 days or even less to get from 1 to 90 (leveling skills)...
    I wish people would stop repeating this shit.

3 days of hardcore grinding morning noon and night maybe. It takes me months at any sane reasonable pace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Pay to Win what exactly? For me, the game starts when doing raiding (even at level 60 or whatever if you decide to stop leveling there). For others, its for example arena but they are a minority. There are quite some people who enjoy progressing via achievements and gear but I see it as part of raiding. Leveling? Where is the challenge in that? The reward of getting to level 90 isn't the feeling "gee that was hard" in the same sense as killing a raid boss on Heroic for the first time. It is a "gee, finally done with the grind."

Are you getting more competitive in raid or in PvP? No. Hence there is no way this mechanic can be defined as pay to win. You don't get any outstanding gear or achievement. You don't suddenly get more chance at killing Garrosh HC with your 60 USD investment. Its a shortcut where you skip a very boring, daunting part of the game. One a lot of players have played for a lot of time.

It should be at LEAST $60. The real crime is having to pay $110 to realm/faction transfer 2 toons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    Raf retired today, there is only 3 days left with Raf.
    Retired, really? My RAF is still active for a month perhaps you're from a different planet playing a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Retired, really? My RAF is still active for a month perhaps you're from a different planet playing a different game.
    The Scroll of Resurrection Retires

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

The time has come to bid adieu to the Scroll of Resurrection. It’s served its divine purpose, but like most scrolls, it only has so many charges before it loses its magic and crumbles into ethereal dust. For those who’d still like a chance to use the scroll, you have until February 18 before players are no longer able to send invitations. For those who have an invitation outstanding, that’s still good for 30 days from the time it was sent, after which point the invitation will expire and the benefits can no longer be claimed.

For additional information on the Scroll of Resurrection, please visit our FAQ.

Patch 5.4.7 Live This Week
    Patch 5.4.7 is going live this week, with a new PvP season, Level 90 Boost preparation, and other assets for future use.

•Season 15 PvP gear will use the same models as Season 14, but with the colors available to each faction switched.
    •There will be some minor adjustments to Heroic Garrosh (10).
    •The Level 90 boost feature will be added in this patch, but no announcement has been made as to when it will actually be available.
    •This patch and launcher updates prepared things for the Warlords of Draenor pre-order, but no date has been announced yet.
    •The Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition mount and pet are included in this patch.
    •The Scroll of Resurrection ends on Tuesday, so be sure to send out any final invitations before then.•No new realm connections are currently listed for this week.
    Last edited by Goretex; 2014-02-19 at 05:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the big deal here i have leveled at least 5 characters to 90 and im honestly bored of doing it now, so if i want to spend 60 bucks one day to skip all of it whats the problem?

they got rid of scroll of rez cause old players coming back could get a free 80 with that, that's conflict of interest while trying to sell them 90s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    3 days of hardcore grinding morning noon and night maybe. It takes me months at any sane reasonable pace.
    10 hours with RAF from 1 to 85. Did it a month ago in full heirlooms. That is 1,5 hour a day. With the 85-90 content XP boosted next expac, too. You call that insane? Semi hardcore raiding is 12 hours a week or so. So in one week, during your reroll, you're nearly max level.

Those who don't want to pay should've done RAF and went with quickly leveling up some chars to 85. After all, you can get them to 90 next expansion very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The value of "n" varies from person to person.

For me it was about 5-7, when I ran out of unique zones/dungeons to level in.

Although I had fun on another 3-4 toons after the Cata revamp made it interesting again.

I wish people would stop repeating this shit.

They mean 3 days of /played. Literally, 72 hours of play time.
    I'm 85 now, and I have 3 days, 10 hours of play time. That includes a lot of AFK time, herbalism farming time, and auction house time.

Edit: Though this was with an alt with mostly full heirlooms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    The Scroll of Resurrection Retires
    SoR is something different.

I told you my RAF is still active. RAF is active for 60 days. We connected RAF a month ago, so...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Would be a somewhat appropriate price at least. Not too cheap, but also not overly expensive.
    It's pricey enough to deter all but the most adamant in boosting another toon after using their "free boost" that came with WoD and that was probably the whole point as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Can't wait for it to go live, still have toons at 85 that I don't have the time to level.