Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    RAF just got an upgrade, they're not retiring it, in fact they said they wanted to make the "purchase a level 90" price a reasonable alternative to buying two box copies and dual boxing your levels. 60$ is not that price.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tseol View Post
    They mean 3 days of /played. Literally, 72 hours of play time.
    I'm 85 now, and I have 3 days, 10 hours of play time. That includes a lot of AFK time, herbalism farming time, and auction house time.
    If I do it in 10 hours with 300% and you do it in 82 hours with 100% both with heirlooms then the culprit can only be "a lot of AFK time" indeed. It is taking you 2,7 times longer than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickop View Post
    I don't see the big deal here i have leveled at least 5 characters to 90 and im honestly bored of doing it now, so if i want to spend 60 bucks one day to skip all of it whats the problem?
    Only thing I see is why pay an expensive amount of money to lvl 90 lol, I wouldn't pay that much. Might have well light $60 on fire imo it's the same thing. instant lvl 90 is not worth $60 to me maybe $20 or $25, but even that is too much. I could lvl within a week and and not have to waste that much money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmhollio View Post
    Can't wait for it to go live, still have toons at 85 that I don't have the time to level.
    You're willing to blow $60 per alt to boost them 5 levels? Man, if I had money to burn like that I wouldn't even be on WOW at all, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Farmhollio View Post
    Can't wait for it to go live, still have toons at 85 that I don't have the time to level.
    lol from 85, it takes a day or two at most.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psiclonus View Post
    You're willing to blow $60 per alt to boost them 5 levels? Man, if I had money to burn like that I wouldn't even be on WOW at all, lol.
    I know right? lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    Only thing I see is why pay an expensive amount of money to lvl 90 lol, I wouldn't pay that much. Might have well light $60 on fire imo it's the same thing. instant lvl 90 is not worth $60 to me maybe $20 or $25, but even that is too much. I could lvl within a week and and not have to waste that much money.
    The high price is meant to make the boost a weighty decision on the player's part and deter the frivolous boosting most alt-heavy players were hoping to take advantage of if the price of the service was significantly cheaper. Mission accomplished, lol. Using my free boost and that's it.
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    While I'm not satisfied with the price of their services, it's a fallacy to think that leveling is the only content that matters. For many people it is the end game content, which is what Blizzard excels and focuses on, that matters. They are paying extra to play only the parts of the game they enjoy. That's not exactly how you're painting it.
    The solution is not to make you pay to skip the unenjoyable part. It's to fix the unenjoyable part.

The high price is meant to make the boost a weighty decision on the player's part and deter the frivolous boosting most alt-heavy players were hoping to take advantage of if the price of the service was significantly cheaper. Mission accomplished, lol. Using my free boost and that's it.
    I know, it's just stupid to me how people would pay that much to instant 90 lol, It's pathetic.

Deleted
    so how much is it on EU servers? 60 euro? -.-

I know, it's just stupid to me how people would pay that much to instant 90 lol, It's pathetic.
    I've leveled 9 characters to 90, I really don't want to level another character from 1 to 90. It's not pathetic, it's keeping me sane and getting me the Shaman I've never wanted to level up until recently. And for what... 60 dollars? I make that in 3 hours of work nowadays.

Bottom line, the opinion you have provided is useless and not constructive. I recommend Seppuku
    Last edited by Tripz; 2014-02-19 at 05:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripz View Post
    I've leveled 9 characters to 90, I really don't want to level another character from 1 to 90. It's not pathetic, it's keeping me sane and getting me the Shaman I've never wanted to level up until recently. And for what... 60 dollars? I make that in 3 hours of work nowadays.
    With WoD Pre purchase or w/e you'll get a free instant 90 anyways. You lvled 9 already how is one more gonna hurt you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    I don't think leveling your nth character 1-90 is fun.
    Fixed it for you.

OT: Anyone know why they put in option to buy lvl 90 boost then removed it when servers went back up again. (not that I want to buy one, just curious)

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, Blizzard knew the demand was there and wanted to make the decision to purchase the service a weighty one. If those players got that kind of cash to sling around, more power to them. Just don't chalk this one up to Blizzard being greedy. If it was greed driven, they'd have made the service cheap and taken advantage of every player's desire to bypass old content. This one's on any and every player that feels that any inconvenience can be resolved with deep enough pockets.
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2014-02-19 at 05:51 AM.
    Diablo 3 Profile

Deleted
    Took me about 20 hours pre-nerf from what I remember.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe that would be all you would do, all day long...

Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    Leveling your nth character 1-90 is not fun.
    Why do you need n characters, again?

Or to put it differently, if you have n-1 characters, is the nth worth $60?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Took me about 20 hours pre-nerf from what I remember.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe that would be all you would do, all day long...
    I would certainly hope not. I wouldn't get anything of importance done.
    Diablo 3 Profile

If I do it in 10 hours with 300% and you do it in 82 hours with 100% both with heirlooms then the culprit can only be "a lot of AFK time" indeed. It is taking you 2,7 times longer than me.
    I am prepared to admit that I am not the fastest leveler to ever grace the game. Plus, less experience means more travel time, depending on the leveling method. With 3x experience, you could probably cover most of the ground by just grinding dungeons. Go through once, finish the quests, hit random, get a new dungeon. Without 3x experience, you're hitting the same dungeons a lot more often, which means a smaller chunk of xp comes from dungeon quests. If we're talking questing, then again, you're getting more xp per quest, vastly reducing your travel time. And, as I said, I stopped grinding levels here and there to focus on herbalism and inscription. Also, I believe I heard that RAF and Heirlooms stack by multiplication, not addition. So while I'm getting 150% (base + 50), you're getting closer to 450% than 350%.

The afk time isn't exactly the "only" culprit.

Raf retired today, there is only 3 days left with Raf.
    You're thinking of SoR.

God bless you SoR. I'll always remember you with my gryphon and wind rider

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    Why do you need n characters, again?

Or to put it differently, if you have n-1 characters, is the nth worth $60?
    n+1'th.

Your nth character is free with WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

10 hours with RAF from 1 to 85. Did it a month ago in full heirlooms. That is 1,5 hour a day. With the 85-90 content XP boosted next expac, too. You call that insane? Semi hardcore raiding is 12 hours a week or so. So in one week, during your reroll, you're nearly max level.

Those who don't want to pay should've done RAF and went with quickly leveling up some chars to 85. After all, you can get them to 90 next expansion very quickly.
    It's a TOTALLY different matter with RAF. Not what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tseol View Post
    They mean 3 days of /played. Literally, 72 hours of play time.
    I'm 85 now, and I have 3 days, 10 hours of play time. That includes a lot of AFK time, herbalism farming time, and auction house time.

Edit: Though this was with an alt with mostly full heirlooms.
    But what's the real world time, ie difference between date toon was created and today?

Again, played time or real time?

IIRC it's about 5-10 dungeons per level (depending on whether you run out of quests or not), dunno about you but I can't sit down and do 25-50 dungeons back to back in a few days without wanting to dash my brains out on a wall. Hell 85-90 takes me weeks even if I don't lose the will to live altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But what's the real world time, ie difference between date toon was created and today?
    About two and a half weeks real time. But my post was just clarifying what some of the other posters were saying.
    Some people could power-level the same amount of in-game time in a shorter amount of real-world time. I am not those people.

Also, I can't dungeon grind through mists. Can't do it. I'll do a random dungeon here or there, and I'll do all the dungeon quests, but unless I get a marvelous tank that chain-pulls relentlessly, I just feel every little delay, every skippable mob gone un-skipped, just melting my day away. It MIGHT be more time-efficient than questing, but it's not more sanity-efficient between AFKs and DCs and slow tanks.
    Last edited by Tseol; 2014-02-19 at 07:23 AM.

With WoD Pre purchase or w/e you'll get a free instant 90 anyways. You lvled 9 already how is one more gonna hurt you?
    Lol to be honest, lately I've been having dreams about playing on this Shaman. And it's not really a huge deal, I just don't want to wait.

I just can't stand Pandaria, and for whatever reason leveling a Shaman is just awful for me, slow and boring. If I have to kill 1 more ookin Hozen I'm going to go bananas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.