Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    60$ is a good price; it's cheap enough to be affordable for most people and yet expensive enough to not cater to the FOTM-rerollers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by morislayer View Post
    It affects me because if there are more people spending 60 dollars to get 90's over leveling, Que times for BG's will go down. As more max level toons to participate in the only thing I enjoy at this point in wow, PVP

Why did you throw Bell Curve as an argument for the game dying too?
    People still fail to see purchasing the 90 is just the beginning. You still have to LEVEL it to get where you are going.

There are adults who plays this game, 60$ is somethig i would very much pay if i had to change main for some reason.

I have leveled 3 90s and two 85s I see no need to level another char if I can pay for it. Doubt its going to happen, but yes please if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Stornkin View Post
    One thing to think of, a Faction change is $30, a realm change is $25. So if you wanted to faction change a toon to a new server it would be $55. For $5 more you get to keep your original toon, and have a new one.
    Why do people keep spitting out this insane idea/mantra?

How many people faction change/server change their character to warrant the price tag? Once more is you server transfer WITH all your stuff and gold. It's not even comparing apples to oranges, it's comparing apples to two pieces of limestone - the two don't correlate whatsoever.

And, as for me, when I spend money on a video game - it's for content, not convenience. $60 can be spent on either leveling a character up to 90, which saves a couple days of replaying old content, or I can buy a BRAND NEW IN BOX (not even DL) Video Game that has 40+ hours of BRAND NEW content... content that, chances are high, doesn't require a subscription fee to access.

I guess if the only thing you have in your life is World of Warcraft, this would be a great deal. In the real world, however...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Now the truth comes out. I'm sorry that I'm successful in life but that doesn't mean services shouldn't be offered to those who can afford them. Services that have no balance effect on this game. Maybe I should just give my hard earned money to you so you can shutup? Would that help? No. You'd just continue complaining about Hunters not having mana anymore.
    Oh you treat of a human. I want to have a beer with you, no wait, 100 year old scotch, you you, succesfull perfect person. Your treat right, since ur succesfull and all?
    The arrogance in that post shows u failed horribly as balanced and ethic person. You aren't succesful, you have a lot of money. Theres a huge difference.

That said, 90 boosts will have major impact on WoW economics (less low level material being gathered, prices going up)
    It will have major impact on que times in BG and Dungeon (less people to Q)
    It will have major impact on skill level

Now go back to your golden throne and look down upon us with succesfull arrogance. Off you go.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    And, as for me, when I spend money on a video game - it's for content, not convenience. $60 can be spent on either leveling a character up to 90, which saves a couple days of replaying old content, or I can buy a BRAND NEW IN BOX (not even DL) Video Game that has 40+ hours of BRAND NEW content... content that, chances are high, doesn't require a subscription fee to access.

I guess if the only thing you have in your life is World of Warcraft, this would be a great deal. In the real world, however...
    You say people aren't comparing apples to oranges and then you go and do that exact same thing. Comparing the value of your time to purchasing another game. The two aren't comparable. IF it takes 48 hours to level from 1 - 90 then the value is $1.30 per hour. Most of us don't live in 3rd world countries and we value our time at considerably more than this.

So go ahead and purchase your new $60 game, then spend 48ish hours levelling a toon from 1 - 90. You could do both and spend most of that 48 hours actually playing said 'new game'.

WTB Set of Starter Raid gear 522 ilvl for cash. I don't have time to level and I don't have time to grind out Starter gear on the TI. Make this happen, Blizzard.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

So who exactly is this for? Most people who will come back as subscribers tend to be people who have already played WoW and do have some high level characters already, be it 70-80 or 90. New games won't be paying for all the expansion packs + 60$ just to start a new game.

Only thing I can think of is they want the option to be there but discourage anyone from using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhina View Post
    They still have more subs than any other MMO, be it subscription based or F2P
    You mean apart from the other Chinese MMOs operated by Netease?

God damn when is this going live?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really confused about the griping about the 90 pricing. It seems fair to me as there will be players who will go out and buy a new copy of WoD for the boost. Thats a given. What it does do is cut out the hassle and hoops of attaining a second boost what not. I think 60 is a fair price. Its available for those who want it, but not so cheap that everyone is going to abuse it.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkgego View Post
    Let´s see 60$ a brand new 90...
    20$ a subscription, thats 3 months

90 days for a new 90

It takes 3 days or even less to get from 1 to 90 (leveling skills)...

I like people who will pay for their new 90 !
    Let's just walk through things here.

40$ for WoD, 25$ for a transfer between accounts, Battle chest is usually 5-20$ (and will likely start coming with MoP soon(tm).)

Soooooooo

give or take, if you were to buy new expansions to get level 90 characters, it's ~80$/head.

60$ is expensive, perhaps prohibitively so. I like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostprotocol View Post
    So who exactly is this for? Most people who will come back as subscribers tend to be people who have already played WoW and do have some high level characters already, be it 70-80 or 90. New games won't be paying for all the expansion packs + 60$ just to start a new game.

Only thing I can think of is they want the option to be there but discourage anyone from using it.
    Why do you think they removed SoR?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    $60 can be spent on either leveling a character up to 90, which saves a couple days of replaying old content, or I can buy a BRAND NEW IN BOX (not even DL) Video Game that has 40+ hours of BRAND NEW content... content that, chances are high, doesn't require a subscription fee to access.
    I won't even bother with your other anecdotal and hyperbolic statements. This is the ONLY part that matters to those of us who will use the service. Convenience. People should stop being concerned with how others spend their money. If you object to the cost, ask Blizz to lower it. If you object to the service, ask Blizz to remove it. Your quarrel seems to be with Blizz yet you are making it personal with the people in favor of using this service of convenience. Even after I buy the 90, I still have to grind to 100, and get gear, and run LFR, and do dailies, and everything every other mundane lvl 100 character will have to do. I highly doubt the users of SoR or RaF ruin your playing experience. This will be no different. An instant level character that still has to grind 10 levels to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Why do you think they removed SoR?
    He still makes the point though if you haven't played since Wrath, which the end level was 80, would $60 be worth 10 levels?

It's a valid point to anyone returning, assuming they already have a character that they reached a maximum level with in a previous expansion. I will say this though that it would make sense if let's say I came back and said "you know what I'm going to play something completely different and on Alliance" then bam, you got yourself a 90.

I do also agree with what he's saying about new players coming into the game mainly because of how MMOs are viewed now a days by a gaming community, since many believe paying a monthly fee alone is just too much. So I really don't see many people coming into WoW who are new doing it either, unless friends bugged me or offered to pay for it for me.

Lastly I do believe it's why SoR went poof, and I wouldn't be surprised if later down the lines it'll come back again, but reworked similar to what they did with RaF.

So is this feature live now? because I can't see any option to boost a char (probably not going to use it but just curious).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    So is this feature live now? because I can't see any option to boost a char (probably not going to use it but just curious).
    Will go live with WoD (or shortly before).

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    God damn when is this going live?
    It hasn't even been confirmed outside of datamining. It might be Asia only. It might have just been a test to ensure that they could put the boost in the store. It might never make it live.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Oh you treat of a human. I want to have a beer with you, no wait, 100 year old scotch, you you, succesfull perfect person. Your treat right, since ur succesfull and all?
    The arrogance in that post shows u failed horribly as balanced and ethic person. You aren't succesful, you have a lot of money. Theres a huge difference.

That said, 90 boosts will have major impact on WoW economics (less low level material being gathered, prices going up)
    It will have major impact on que times in BG and Dungeon (less people to Q)
    It will have major impact on skill level

Now go back to your golden throne and look down upon us with succesfull arrogance. Off you go.
    Offering him $60 for a free boost is arrogance? That's what this GoblinMage person is upset over that he made personal attacks to anyone with extra spending money. You can assume I'm rich which is incorrect. I said I'm successful. Big difference. I live comfortably supporting my wife and 3 children. I don't measure success on how much money is in my wallet. I get offended by asshats who want a handout.

Skill level won't be effected. If you're a good player, boosting to 90 won't change that. Bad players now will continue to be bad after 90 levels. We learn very little about our class except that there's 30 different spells available.

Battlegrounds and RDF should have increased people for the end game. More 90's means that people leveling in the next expansion will have more individuals to group with. The majority of people leveling will be from 90-100. Not 1-90.

Economics : I'll give you this but it also means the materials will be readily available to farm yourself. Now as connected servers are completed this has boosted the AH heavily at least on my server.

Deleted
    I think like 99,9999% of all herbs gathered are farmed by lvl90 players and bots, not people who are leveling.