Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    It hasn't even been confirmed outside of datamining. It might be Asia only. It might have just been a test to ensure that they could put the boost in the store. It might never make it live.
    The "leak" was a gauge. It allows them to monitor sites like this, and their own for interest. We all knew this was coming the minute we heard we were getting a 90 with WoD. Anyone who thinks this will never be in the US store is delusional.

Personally, the $60 price tag is far too much to be worth it for me, personally. But is it a reasonable price for its purpose? I think, unfortunately, it is.

Warlords of Draenor will almost certainly cost $40, just like the other expansions. The current Battlechest costs $20 and contains up through Cataclysm. Assuming Mists will be added to the Battlechest with Warlord's launch, it will cost $60 to get a 'free' boosted level 90 on another account by purchasing extra copies of Warlords of Draenor. It will then cost another $25 to transfer that boosted 90 to your main account. $85 in total.

The purpose of offering the level 90 boost in the store is because offering it as a perk with the purchase of Warlords allows people to purchase additional 90 boosts anyway. Offering it for $60 is cheaper than it would cost someone using a "buy-extra-WoD-copies" workaround to get additional 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Warlords of Draenor will almost certainly cost $40, just like the other expansions. The current Battlechest costs $20 and contains up through Cataclysm. Assuming Mists will be added to the Battlechest with Warlord's launch, it will cost $60 to get a 'free' boosted level 90 on another account by purchasing extra copies of Warlords of Draenor. It will then cost another $25 to transfer that boosted 90 to your main account. $85 in total.
    You also get a free month of play time if you RAF yourself. So the total is actually only $70.
    Since you get RAF bonuses it may still be the optimal path for some.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostprotocol View Post
    So who exactly is this for? Most people who will come back as subscribers tend to be people who have already played WoW and do have some high level characters already, be it 70-80 or 90. New games won't be paying for all the expansion packs + 60$ just to start a new game.

Only thing I can think of is they want the option to be there but discourage anyone from using it.
    It is a very smart marketing move.

The free lvl 90 is included with the new box and puts WoW on par with a new game. You can start right off when you downloaded the NEW continent to adventure in , permitting to regroup with old friends from the very start with the same mutual new experience.

If you want more new lvl 90's you pay that extra. For instance to join old Real Life players on different servers etc...

It's a massive marketing tric and I think it will be a smash hit.

There is nothing more discouriging than the need to wade through 90 more levels before joining friends in the latest continent of WoW.

It comes in handy for everyone, the older players, the ex players, even the new ones. 100.000.000 (ex) players/ testers is a massive pool and by this and other actions, Blizzard is addressing them all.

If WoD is done well... everyone will have that feeling when they first entered Outland en mass. Pretty much a feeling that was dispersed way too much in Cata or a bit lesser: MoP.

Something tells me some high % of these 100.000.000 players will dive right in with their new (free) lvl 90's in the new landscapes of WoW without hastle, unhindered by the negative points that were typical for both Cata and MoP.

Back to basics with everyone and a clean fresh start from lvl 90. Now that the conversion from subs to free to play ended in all those other games, WoW has the multi million subscription market all to its own.

It is VERY important to regroup everyone back around the same starting point from now on. If WoD is on par with the same WoW Lore as basic Azeroth and Outland TBC, this could lead to unexpected positive results.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-02-19 at 10:52 PM.

Its a massive profit trick. For example guild wars 2 handles this problem more correctly.

EDIT:
    Also why do you think blizzard invented buyable-90 feature later than free-90-with-wod feature?
    Last edited by mmokri; 2014-02-19 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    Its a massive profit trick. For example guild wars 2 handles this problem more correctly.
    What is more correctly than a FREE lvl 90 when you buy the latest WoW expansion to jump directly into the content you just obtained ?
    If you want MORE lvl 90's immediately, you pay extra to avoid the useless time to level yet another class to start WoD.

It is a win/win as MANY players will return to see the latest WoW with a fresh lvl 90. The vast majority will stick to the one free lvl 90 and just jump in.

Also the existent player base has already 2 or 3 lvl 90's, so no big deal.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-02-19 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tseol View Post
    About two and a half weeks real time. But my post was just clarifying what some of the other posters were saying.
    Some people could power-level the same amount of in-game time in a shorter amount of real-world time. I am not those people.

Also, I can't dungeon grind through mists. Can't do it. I'll do a random dungeon here or there, and I'll do all the dungeon quests, but unless I get a marvelous tank that chain-pulls relentlessly, I just feel every little delay, every skippable mob gone un-skipped, just melting my day away. It MIGHT be more time-efficient than questing, but it's not more sanity-efficient between AFKs and DCs and slow tanks.
    You could try monkey runs :P

But yeah, I once tried to level exclusively in dungeons 85-90 on a bear druid. Before the XP nerf, before they increased the number of levelling dungeons (well, by 1). Wanted to kill myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Seems reasonable. Too cheap and people won't bother levelling any more. Too expensive, and it's ridiculous. I still think it's a little high, but I can understand why it would be. It's early days though, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was a deliberate attempt to gauge people's reactions.

You wouldn't want it to be so cheap that you'd feel like an idiot levelling a character normally.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    It is a win/win as MANY players will return to see the latest WoW with a fresh lvl 90. The vast majority will stick to the one free lvl 90 and just jump in.
    IMO 90% of players won't even use the free 90. Then like 8% plan on actually playing an alt so will make use of it. The remaining 2% is people who are new to WoW in WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I won't even bother with your other anecdotal and hyperbolic statements. This is the ONLY part that matters to those of us who will use the service. Convenience. People should stop being concerned with how others spend their money. If you object to the cost, ask Blizz to lower it. If you object to the service, ask Blizz to remove it. Your quarrel seems to be with Blizz yet you are making it personal with the people in favor of using this service of convenience. Even after I buy the 90, I still have to grind to 100, and get gear, and run LFR, and do dailies, and everything every other mundane lvl 100 character will have to do. I highly doubt the users of SoR or RaF ruin your playing experience. This will be no different. An instant level character that still has to grind 10 levels to catch up.
    People should realize that this is a multiplayer game and what you do affects others

Deleted
    60$? Really? Wow. I was prepared to utilise the service -within reason-. This, ergo, is not reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinksworth View Post
    60$? Really? Wow. I was prepared to utilise the service -within reason-. This, ergo, is not reasonable.
    The first lvl 90 ... comes still free within the WoD box btw.

It is a very smart marketing move.

The free lvl 90 is included with the new box and puts WoW on par with a new game. You can start right off when you downloaded the NEW continent to adventure in , permitting to regroup with old friends from the very start with the same mutual new experience.

If you want more new lvl 90's you pay that extra. For instance to join old Real Life players on different servers etc...

There is nothing more discouriging than the need to wade through 90 more levels before joining friends in the latest continent of WoW.

It comes in handy for everyone, the older players, the ex players, even the new ones. 100.000.000 (ex) players/ testers is a massive pool and by this and other actions, Blizzard is addressing them all.

If WoD is done well... everyone will have that feeling when they first entered Outland en mass. Pretty much a feeling that was dispersed way too much in Cata or a bit lesser: MoP.

Something tells me some high % of these 100.000.000 players will dive right in with their new (free) lvl 90's in the new landscapes of WoW without hastle, unhindered by the negative points that were typical for both Cata and MoP.

Back to basics with everyone and a clean fresh start from lvl 90. Now that the conversion from subs to free to play ended in all those other games, WoW has the multi million subscription market all to its own.

It is VERY important to regroup everyone back around the same starting point from now on. If WoD is on par with the same WoW Lore as basic Azeroth and Outland TBC, this could lead to unexpected positive results.
    Shocking news; BenBos decides that something that Blizzard have done is the best thing since sliced bread. Goes on to claim that it will change the business world as we know it, and probably bring world peace or something. More at eleven.

Infracted, please post in a constructive and civil manner.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-02-19 at 11:41 PM.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I wish they would of made it a buck a lvl with a certain base amounts you could buy at once, and whenever you feel like it.
    I won't lie, I would pay to skip outlands and Cata on a 1-90 ride If i could.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You wouldn't want it to be so cheap that you'd feel like an idiot levelling a character normally.

IMO 90% of players won't even use the free 90. Then like 8% plan on actually playing an alt so will make use of it. The remaining 2% is people who are new to WoW in WoD.
    The MAJOR target audiance is the ex WoW player group which Blizzard referred to as those illusive 100.000.000. The guys who left WoW as early as 2007 to mid 2012.

This recruitment pool is so massive in numbers that even reaching 5% -10% of these results in multi millions hearts to conquer once again. What better way to do it with one free lvl 90 to jump right in again with ol friends doing new Kara equivalent runs without hastle...

And once hooked... people want ... more.

People should realize that this is a multiplayer game and what you do affects others
    Seems I understand why blizzard adds content for 1-player (chinese farm,dailies with epics,single-player legendary,...).
    Last edited by mmokri; 2014-02-19 at 11:15 PM.

The MAJOR target audiance is the ex WoW player group which Blizzard referred to as those illusive 100.000.000. The guys who left WoW as early as 2007 to mid 2012.

This recruitment pool is so massive in numbers that even reaching 5% -10% of these results in multi millions hearts to conquer once again. What better way to do it with one free lvl 90 to jump right in again with ol friends doing new Kara equivalent runs without hastle...

And once hooked... people want ... more.
    When did Blizzard refer to ex-WOW players as the illusive 100 million? Are you sure it was not you that referred to ex-WOW players as this and then attributed it to Blizzard? And why would one of those 100 million, of which I account for at least three, most of whom gave up on the game before parting with any money now want to buy WOW?

I think the fact many these people have never subscribed or, according to you, quit seven years ago would suggest that they are not "hooked."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Shocking news: Blizzard does something and Huehuecoyotl complains.

I have already two friends who are returning to WoW now that they are able to join me and another friend on our server without the trouble of leveling for months.
    So yeah, a 100% increase in players from my friend-group. How can that NOT be good for the game?
    Why would your friends, as returning players, have to level for months? If they are ex-players is it not a gamble for them to pre-purchase WOD when they cannot be sure that they will like what they have returned to? Surely, as a friend, you could boost them cutting the time it takes to level considerably?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    When did Blizzard refer to ex-WOW players as the illusive 100 million? Are you sure it was not you that referred to ex-WOW players as this and then attributed it to Blizzard? And why would one of those 100 million, of which I account for at least three, most of whom gave up on the game before parting with any money now want to buy WOW?

I think the fact many these people have never subscribed or, according to you, quit seven years ago would suggest that they are not "hooked."
    100.000.000 million is a matter of speaking.

... as MANY households I know use but one account for their household members like young boys and girls and even partners.

My son played WoW on my account until he was 14. My brother does the exact same with his 11 and 9 year olds.

So the account as such is just an indication.

Anyone who played WoW has the game burned on his mental hard disk. It is just a tric to trigger them back.

100.000.000 million is a matter of speaking.

... as MANY households I know use but one account for their household members like young boys and girls and even partners.

My son played WoW on my account until he was 14. My brother does the exact same with his 11 and 9 year olds.

So the account as such is just an indication.

Anyone who played WoW has the game burned on his mental hard disk. It is just a tric to trigger them back.
    In other words you are, once again, making things up and then passing them off as something Blizzard has said.

Why would your friends, as returning players, have to level for months? If they are ex-players is it not a gamble for them to pre-purchase WOD when they cannot be sure that they will like what they have returned to? Surely, as a friend, you could boost them cutting the time it takes to level considerably?
    No boost is better. Since everyone returning with WoD finds a free lvl 90 in the box directly.

- - - Updated - - -

In other words you are, once again, making things up and then passing them off as something Blizzard has said.
    The 100 million number comes directly from Blizzard.

You can find it on the web everywhere and it was published just a week or 2 ago. The discussion is accounts or persons or trials.

I say : no need to distinguish as I really know no father who doesn't let his minor kid play on his WoW account... That's already 2 fysical persons playing on but one account for every household with one or more children in the age of 8-13.

It is even allowed until the age of 16.

tldr: the (free) lvl 90 will bring back a LOT because the POOL is enormous. And once hooked the re recruited guy will have the option to buy a second 90 or level at his own pace again.

You don't like the Blizzard marketing addressing that huge pool? I understand.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-02-19 at 11:45 PM.