Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    No boost is better. Since everyone returning with WoD finds a free lvl 90 in the box directly.
    What? Why would you make your friend who quit WOW pay to pre-order WOD, several months before its release, plus a sub fee when there is no guarantee they will find the game any more enjoyable than when they quit? Why not let them sub for a month, boost them to 90 and let them make their own mind up as to whether they want to subscribe long term?

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The 100 million number comes directly from Blizzard.

You can find it on the web everywhere and it was published just a week or 2 ago.
    Blizzard said that 100 million accounts which included trial accounts had been created which is something you criticise F2P games for doing. But you are making out that these are actual players that are just waiting to return to the game and trying to pass it off as something Blizzard have said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Shocking news; BenBos decides that something that Blizzard have done is the best thing since sliced bread. Goes on to claim that it will change the business world as we know it, and probably bring world peace or something. More at eleven.

Infracted, please post in a constructive and civil manner.
    I do not usually agree with BenBos but his analysis on why the service is here and the target who's aimed at is probably spot on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    I also got on and saw that you can buy every mount in the game including TCG mounts for $12.22

I have no proof but trust me, it was all there - I just didn't bother to SS it or anything because I knew you would all take my word for it.
    you sure look like a huge idiot now
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

The boost should be available in shop only for people owning 1 lvl 90 char (remember the dk when you needed a lvl 55+ char in order to create one).
    Also, veteran players that stopped playing wow should have this option available. (thinking at lvl 60 pvp gear where you need the achievement in order to use them as transmog).

NEW people should start from lvl 1 to learn the game otherwise they`ll suck at everything.
    Last edited by Ghitza; 2014-02-20 at 01:16 AM.

$60 is a good idea, god I wish it was like $100.

let the option be there..but make it hurt a little...it will turn most people off ever doing it, which is a good thing...

i personally still enjoy leveling characters though so this isn't something I'm interested in using for myself.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think $60 sounds appropriate.

I was really worried about this pay option being added, but at that price point it doesn't bug me nearly as bad as it did before.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    I think $60 sounds appropriate.
    It's actually cheaper than I thought it would be.
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know the prices for europe?

The store button was at char selection screen but I could not choose the boost option it was not listed. At least on the maelstrom.
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2014-02-20 at 01:41 AM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by cashcate View Post
    The boost should be available in shop only for people owning 1 lvl 90 char (remember the dk when you needed a lvl 55+ char in order to create one).
    Also, veteran players that stopped playing wow should have this option available. (thinking at lvl 60 pvp gear where you need the achievement in order to use them as transmog).

NEW people should start from lvl 1 to learn the game otherwise they`ll suck at everything.
    Sorry but a very large portion of the players that actually did level 1-90 are fucking horrible, leveling did nothing at all for them. Just look at all the terabads that were crying that normal raids are to hard(which is why we got flex now)or the 540+ geared players that cant do 150k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Does anyone know the prices for europe?

The store button was at loading screen but I could not choose the boost option it was not listed. At least on the maelstrom.
    That will be 60 EUR. Why ? As i can see from Blizzard Store US and Blizzard Store EU ... same prices but different currency.

Diablo 39.99 USD and 39.99 EUR

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Sorry but a very large portion of the players that actually did level 1-90 are fucking horrible, leveling did nothing at all for them. Just look at all the terabads that were crying that normal raids are to hard(which is why we got flex now)or the 540+ geared players that cant do 150k dps.
    If those are horrible ... imagine the new ones starting from lvl 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cashcate View Post
    That will be 60 EUR. Why ? As i can see from Blizzard Store US and Blizzard Store EU ... same prices but different currency.

Diablo 39.99 USD and 39.99 EUR

- - - Updated - - -

If those are horrible ... imagine the new ones starting from lvl 90.
    So you have no confirmation that these are the prices?

HAve to remember there is a difference on store items in different valuta.
    Games is the only thing as far i know has the same price regardless of currency.

bad players will suck regardless if they started from 1 or 90.

Good players will not suck regardless if they started from 1 or 90. I see no issue here.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    So you have no confirmation that these are the prices?
    Geez, there's no confirmation to be had. Yes, it was visible for a few moments before it was made invisible again. No, Blizzard hasn't said a word about it and just as easily change the price or decide to continue to withhold it. No one here "knows" anything.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    The price of 60 $ is pretty high but in some way as a customer it is simply blizzard asking a customer is the time you spent levelling a new char worth 60$ in other words. Is 1 day of your life worth 60$ if it is then here is your instant boost to 90.

Personally although my time would be more than worth 60$, I wouldn't use the feature for 2 reason a: I like levelling more or less it is part of the game, 2: I am already paying a subscription to play the game I am more than disinclined to spend what is essentially more or less 4 months subscription to skip levelling a char.

Oh if only I could mail some kindof fast riding gem to my alts to get them around faster in the questing areas
    or save up experience point boni that I could transfer to an alt and use there to powerlevel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Geez, there's no confirmation to be had. Yes, it was visible for a few moments before it was made invisible again. No, Blizzard hasn't said a word about it and just as easily change the price or decide to continue to withhold it. No one here "knows" anything.
    He's cocky remark just pushed a button, which is why mine might have come out a bit wrong.

Did not know it had been removed again.

He's cocky remark just pushed a button, which is why mine might have come out a bit wrong.

Did not know it had been removed again.
    Calm down ... was just my opinion after i saw the game prices. Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    A mount cost 25, surely a whole bloody level 90 character that can be everything that cost 60 isn't that outrageous.
    But a mount shoudn't cost $25. That in itself is ridiculous. In fact everything in the Blizz store is already too expensive including character transfers. Something that is completely automated shouldn't cost $25 especially since we already pay a sub. If WoW was f2p then I could justify the prizes but it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
    Something that is completely automated shouldn't cost $25
    Being automated or not isn't especially relevant.
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    60 bucks for no professions and green gear just to save a week or two worth of leveling? Hahahaha...
    well, for people who have a job (not implying you don't) 1 or 2 weeks would earn more than that, just saying.

Spend 60 bucks to save 2 weeks, work those 2 weeks = 1500$

??????

profit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    I can RAF myself to 85 in 1 day and spend $10 so i dont see how this price makes sense. On day 3, I can be level 90 and have only invested $10 on a separate slave account. This is actually what I did last week to get 6 85's took me 6 days.
    In 6 days people could earn enough money to buy 6 characters at level 90, and still have cash left over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunix View Post
    well, for people who have a job (not implying you don't) 1 or 2 weeks would earn more than that, just saying.

Spend 60 bucks to save 2 weeks, work those 2 weeks = 1500$

??????

profit
    Why do people keep regurgitating this?

1. You still would have worked those hours. What you earn hourly doesn't indirectly increase the value of the service.

2. You paid for the content.

3. You continue to pay monthly for content.

4. You are now paying them to skip content.

This bullshit about hourly wage or how much you make in a paycheck is absolutely irrelevant unless you were taking time off work to level.

I was initially upset about the service but seeing the reasons people are giving for accepting it? I don't blame Blizzard. It's like fishing with dynamite in a pool of blind fish.

This is just a remainder that real money can buy everything these days.

You may grind/waste hundreds of hours for a level 90.
    Or just swipe your parents' credit card. Good stuff.