Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Why do people keep regurgitating this?

1. You still would have worked those hours. What you earn hourly doesn't indirectly increase the value of the service.

2. You paid for the content.

3. You continue to pay monthly for content.

4. You are now paying them to skip content.

This bullshit about hourly wage or how much you make in a paycheck is absolutely irrelevant unless you were taking time off work to level.

I was initially upset about the service but seeing the reasons people are giving for accepting it? I don't blame Blizzard. It's like fishing with dynamite in a pool of blind fish.
    I think the real point is, what value do you put on your time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I will never level another character. Except from 90-100. Thank you!

Why do people keep regurgitating this?

1. You still would have worked those hours. What you earn hourly doesn't indirectly increase the value of the service.

2. You paid for the content.

3. You continue to pay monthly for content.

This bullshit about hourly wage or how much you make in a paycheck is absolutely irrelevant unless you were taking time off work to level.

I was initially upset about the service but seeing the reasons people are giving for accepting it? I don't blame Blizzard. It's like fishing with dynamite in a pool of blind fish.
    Yea I can understand how its like that for most people. But with my work I have 2 days a week that I work whatsoever, then I can go in more days and work more, so in my situation its exactly as I described.

The notion presented was that it's not particularly expensive when compared to the time savings it presents.

2. You paid for the content. 3. You continue to pay monthly for content.
    What do you specifically mean by "the content"? You pay to operate the client software, and establish a connection to the service. (See TOU and EULA.)

Indeed, some people don't want to level N characters. It might be interesting to them once, twice, thrice... but eventually it becomes a barrier to entry for picking up a new class.
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

i think the price is reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by Celeb View Post
    Nice, again Blizzard caters to those who have money to burn. So all my hard work since vanilla, leveling all my toons to 90, busting ass to level all my professions, and now they are just selling out right. Nice. Because I really want to raid with someone who bought their toon and has no idea how to play him. Thanks Blizzard.
    Other examples of catering to ppl with cash? Achievements such as pet collecting that requires multiple paid for pets to complete. I think its time to put up my staff and walk away... far away. This was the final nail in the coffin.
    Yeah, other people having level 90s has absolutely nothing to do with your own gameplay. Get over yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

$50 was the very top end of what I personally would have been willing to pay. But eh, I have 8 90s already with one coming whenever I get the xpac. $60 is unreasonable to me, but if it's not just a placeholder and people are willing to pay it, more power to Blizzard I guess.

$60 jeez. paying $20 for a 90 boost is way too much. although im sure most people would do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to wait for my game time to run out, abandon the sinking ship, and run to the hills.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because they are slow at it and don't like it?
    They've tried to come back many times before, every single time burned out on the leveling.

If WoD makes it easier for them to come back: Kudos for WoD!
    If your friends do not like levelling and find themselves burning out and then quitting will they not find themselves in the same position once WOD is launched and they are faced with playing through another 10 levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    If your friends do not like levelling and find themselves burning out and then quitting will they not find themselves in the same position once WOD is launched and they are faced with playing through another 10 levels?
    Because WoD is the latest content of a 2014 WoW where everyone will be at the same time ?

The (free) lvl 90 mechanic will act like a brand new MMO launched with all players at the same place and the same time.

Even brand new for those chaps who quit back at the end of 2010 with fond memories at their first couple of years in Outland/Northrend.

No dispersion of resources/players this time. Not even a new starting zone, which was very smart to do.

I understand you don't like it Pann. You would hate a further growth in players.

Get over it.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-02-20 at 11:13 AM.

If it was $40 a month, I planned on using this for a Priest (level 1), Paladin (level 1), Shaman ( level 11), Mage (level 31) and maybe a Rogue (level 73, so boring to level with).

With the price point, I am meh at best.

I have a level 90 Warlock, Druid, Death Knight and Monk. I have a level 85 Warrior and Hunter.

I thought the price point would be around $40 but $60 is not that bad.

so is this active? Could i log in today and boost?