Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ...
    Man I love reading MMO-Champion posters, its how I stay certain of the lack of intelligence of an 'average human'.

"It's too high!"
    "It's too low!"
    "It shouldn't exist!"

Let's go ahead and skip the stupid things and just get right to the heart of it. If you believe this feature should not exist then you either A. Think that Warlords of Draenor should not include a free boost to a level that allows the character to get right into the WoD action (since, let's face it, getting a free 90 when 6.0 comes out will do you zero good as it goes to 'pay to win' because you'll be so far behind that 'winning' at 90 will be out of reach for anyone who has not already 'won' and has people to carry them through those means).
    or
    B. That a better alternative exists to prevent people from buying many expansion sets and transferring characters to get free 90s (I believe there are better alternatives but all of them have workarounds for a player who is REALLY willing to spend)

So, let's look at the facts. When this service becomes available, you'll be able to skip either to the current max level just before an expansion so you'll have enough time to get ready to level that new toon to 100, or the max level will already be 100 and you'll be ready to go ahead and level to that.

Now, let's look at some of the things people are saying:
    "This is pay to win" - Really? I'm sorry but if you consider getting to max level and having all greens to be 'winning' then you're either exaggerating or you REALLY suck at this game. Making it to the max level is NOT winning. It gets you in a position where you can start pursuing those paths that allow you to 'win' at this game. You're paying to skip a time sink *that requires little to no skill*. One could argue that everything in WoW is a time sink, I'd agree, but doing any of those things that a reasonable person would consider 'winning' at WoW also requires skill, and not just time.
    As a player who has only ever used the server transfer (and maybe race change, don't remember) paid extras of WoW, I still really don't care if someone wants to pay to skip a time sink.

Time is money my friends, and sometimes money can buy time. As long as it cannot buy SKILL or the things that skill (or a HUGE pile of gold, in some cases) obtains, the game is not pay to win.

"The price is just set to maximize their profit" - while I'd agree this would actually be the logical approach, I'm sorry but just.. really, wow, $60? No, that's not maximizing profit (at least from the 90 boost, one could argue end-game and them trying to retain subs by not making it too easy and all that BS but w/e) they'd definitely price it lower if they wanted to maximize profit. For e-products such as these the marginal cost is ridiculously near zero so any purchase is almost 100% profit, maximizing profit therefore is the price where Purchases*price= highest possible, and I really, REALLY doubt that they'll get even half as many purchases as they would at $30 or 1/3 as many as at $20. I'll admit this is speculation and I'm not an expert, but probably between $20-$30 is the sweet spot for if they really wanted to maximize. They DID set that price to prevent people using it all the time, and so that is it just a bit cheaper than buying boxed sets to do the same.

"This is Activision's doing!" - That may be, but considering just about every other major game company does microtransactions now, even for games that are not free, I'd say it's the industry that has changed. I know there are a LOT of 'purists' out there who think that video games should be purely for the sake of making a good game and that making money off that game should be a by-product of making a good game and not the other way around, but I'm sorry, the industry isn't run by artists and gamers, it's run by accountants, economists, boards of directors and shareholders. I know a lot of people still wish Blizzard was a bastion of gamer-centered development, but facts are that in ANY publicly traded company, you have to do your best to maximize profits, or your board and shareholders start making heads roll. Activision may have been involved, but if they hadn't done it than the people who actually own the company who don't give a crap about gamers and their 'feelings' would have done it anyway. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Deleted
    People seem to be forgetting: Boosting a character to 90 should be expensive since it's not ment to be abused - Not to mention, boosting a character gives a whole gear, a set of bags, probably some gold, two professions at max (What I've heard?), all of your choice with class, race, profession and spec. I don't complain about this price, I'd say raise it a bit more so people don't buy one 90 of each class. I know leveling can be a b*tch when you've already done it a few times - But hey, at least I love the feeling of accomplishment - Like "Hey, I actually leveled a **** to 90. Sweet!". Thanks for the great price for the boost Blizz - I'd be wondering what you were up to if it was down at 30-40 or so.

it is interesting though,

it's also kind of saying "your level 90 is worth 4 months of playtime"

Deleted
    I'm still a bit confused about this whole "Boost to 90" thing. I just read on the german b-net side something like "If you're a new player or returning to the game you can boost one charakter straight to 90".

So my question is: Is this something like the SoR or does everybody (even players who are currently subbed) get a free 90?

Quote Originally Posted by beneholio View Post
    So my question is: Is this something like the SoR or does everybody (even players who are currently subbed) get a free 90?
    You get a free 90 if you buy the expansion.

Deleted
    this game is filled with insecure virgins and pathetic fanboys,I'm so glad I quitted this piece of shit game ,what a shame that many idiots here are still deffending BLI$$ARD ,typical fanboism

Quote Originally Posted by Druidjezus View Post
    Man I love reading MMO-Champion posters, its how I stay certain of the lack of intelligence of an 'average human'.

"It's too high!"
    "It's too low!"
    "It shouldn't exist!"

Let's go ahead and skip the stupid things and just get right to the heart of it. If you believe this feature should not exist then you either A. Think that Warlords of Draenor should not include a free boost to a level that allows the character to get right into the WoD action (since, let's face it, getting a free 90 when 6.0 comes out will do you zero good as it goes to 'pay to win' because you'll be so far behind that 'winning' at 90 will be out of reach for anyone who has not already 'won' and has people to carry them through those means).
    or
    B. That a better alternative exists to prevent people from buying many expansion sets and transferring characters to get free 90s (I believe there are better alternatives but all of them have workarounds for a player who is REALLY willing to spend)
    I was okay with the free level 90 boost with WoD. I was hoping it would come with restrictions though, like one per Battle.net account or something to prevent people from abusing it. But instead they're letting people purchase it for real money. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Terracresta View Post
    Still think the paid leveling service was already planned before the free level 90 with the coming expansion was announced.
    Politicians love to promise stuff even though they know its not going to happen or not even possible to begin with so why should a company be any different?
    Exactly. Like those people working at Blizzard are not smart enough to have figured that out before they announced the free level 90. I guess most people just don't want to hear it. It's so easy for Blizzard...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    It's cheaper than to buy another account up to WoD and transfer it over to your account.
    While it might be cheaper it's not a lot cheaper. If you buy the expansion on brand new account to also receive 30 months of play time and wait for it ... A new account. It's not a fair price, 40 at most. I imagine expansions at 40 bucks, all up to mop which will probably be included in the battle chest cost 5-10 euro from the shops where I live..

While I am totally against this feature because the game has been noobed up enough already, if they are putting it in then it needs to be affordable so those of use without daddy's credit card can actually afford then new 10 lvl 90 char requirement. Anyone who doesn't will lose gold on profession cooldowns. From that perspective this is like buying a permanent influx of gold.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis361 View Post
    this game is filled with insecure virgins and pathetic fanboys,I'm so glad I quitted this piece of shit game ,what a shame that many idiots here are still deffending BLI$$ARD ,typical fanboism
    WoW .. so people change when they lose their virginity?

Deleted
    "Character Level Boost to 90 priced at $60"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimolos View Post
    While I am totally against this feature because the game has been noobed up enough already, if they are putting it in then it needs to be affordable so those of use without daddy's credit card can actually afford then new 10 lvl 90 char requirement. Anyone who doesn't will lose gold on profession cooldowns. From that perspective this is like buying a permanent influx of gold.
    Actually it's eleven lv90s, not ten. If you're on a super high pop closed realm like A52. Otherwise, it's probably 22, or as many as ACCT_MAX_CHAR on some of the coalesced realms. I'm sure Blizzard will enjoy the four thousand bucks from every richie-rich jackass who wants to control the transmute market.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    WoW .. so people change when they lose their virginity?
    I lost my soul and reverted back to my former demonic self and tried to kill my girlfriend.

Kind of sad this game has come to this.

Oh well, looks like I'm not coming back for the expansion. It's turning into a cell phone game. All the "precious resources" we had to hear about when we want a new feature like simple a.f. brown skin on an Orc, are being used for technology to make more money.

First, all the coolest mounts are store mounts, then transmog armor and now something that actually does affect people. Can't use the excuse that it doesn't hurt players because you don't "need" it because WoD is going to be full of newbs queuing for dungeons ruining the community even more.

Oh and forget a tabard tab under mounts. They used the resources so "services" is accessed easier.
    Last edited by Crookids; 2014-02-23 at 08:06 AM.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

People seem to have a lot of issues with the free level 90 character boost service. I understand your concerns, but that doesn't mean that they're a reality. Let's take a look at the reasons for this service:

1. Coming back to the game? Great, we don't want to make you start at level 1/60/70/80/85 because that wouldn't be very fair would it?
    2. Burnt out on your class from raiding or PvPing too much in MoP? Here's a fresh start.
    3. Don't want to grind 1-600+ professions? Don't worry, as long as you're level 60+ you'll have free 600 professions.
    4. "We're losing subscribers and we can't guarantee subscribers will peak as they did during WotLK because new players will have to go through 100 levels. Not very appealing."
    5. At a price of $60... how much are you actually paying for? 60/90 = $0.67 per level. Are you going to sit there and complain about it?
    6. Unlike some of the younger players who lead relatively quiet lives, there are people who can't sacrifice hours upon hours leveling. (Don't even mention RaF or heirlooms.)
    7. Get over yourselves, WoW is at a point now where questing and leveling is such a small part of the game. No one cares about mundane quests of killing panthers for Nesingwary anymore. The lore that's important unravels at the end game.

People claiming that Blizzard is stealing money from players are misguided. Some people value their time, and $60 isn't unreasonable for them. No one is forcing you to buy it. I'm sure that the same people who are calling Blizzard thieves also believe that the game will be even more full of noobs. Well, it's too late for that... there already are hundreds of thousands, if not millions. Just take into account the amount of genuinely good players you meet in-game on a regular basis. Now compare that to the baddies you meet. Unless you're in top guilds for PvE or PvP, there is already a high ratio of bad players to good. Saying that the paid 90 system will make more noobs is accurate to a certain extent, but it's like adding water drops into an ocean.

You can hate all you want on Blizzard's decision, but the facts are here (even more than what I've listed). Don't be so self-absorbed that you ignore the fundamentals of what they're attempting to implement with this service. It's a quality of life improvement.

Yes.. the servers were online.. then went offline.. then went back online...
    I figured that was it had to be. I've never caught that before during an extended maintenance, and this was one of the few days I sat online, obsessively checking to see if servers were back up.

Seems better to just RaF yourself and level however many 90's you'd like. More for your money imo with a bit of time invested

Deleted
    This is something I can never agree to. Leveling is so much fun. I don't know about Horde quests but the Alliance ones are a lot of fun, especially in Redridge Mountains. It only takes very little time to get to level 70, from then on it might be a bit boring in Northrend, but at level 80 time flies and your exp isn't so bad, especially in Uldum and Twilight Highlands.

Save the monies and buy your nan a gift.