Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ...OUCH! That's a pretty steep price. No thank you. I guess that answers that question!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Did... Did you really think that this was going to be priced at $5-10? I mean, honestly? You thought that $5-10 was going to be the rate to have a level 90 character?
    I wasn't expecting it to be 5-10, I just knew that would be the max I would pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Hot damn. I guess it makes sense though. Pay full price for all the expansions to not play the game.
    Good thing the game starts at max level then. 60 bucks for saving a truckload of hours doing none important utterly borring crap is superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanicstrad37 View Post
    I hate posting on comments here but I feel obligated seeing people post junk like this. Ok, first it takes more like 50 hours with help to get to 90. Secondly you would need to buy the battle chest $20 mop $20 wod $40 then pay $25 to transfer to your account. That is $105. They could easily charge up to that. Seeing as the only reason they are implementing this is to not have stuff like my second point . Which is the exact opposite to what you are claiming. They are STOPPING people from getting new accounts.....critical thinking is lost on many people here.
    It doesn't take 50 hours even without help. With help it's really insane. You have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not here to argue that though.
    And that's for a NEW player who would have to buy the expansions the old way. I wasn't asking about a new player. You don't need to buy the other expansions to get WoD either I think. I believe you're allowed to buy WoD and just play WoD and not do the older content but I'm not sure. I believe that was the whole point of giving people free 90s for WoD since the older content was too much for a new player to go through. I was asking, if you buy WoD on a new account and merge them, does that cost money IF that's the way it's going work with WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    cheaper to RaF yourself, doesn't take that long, you get like 3-5 levels per instance.
    Of course, it makes more sense to have RaF be a better value than a 90 boost...for one, it doesn't remove you completely from the leveling experience (better gameplay experience for new and leveling players in comparison to 90 boosts, more players in 1-90 LFD/bgs/questing zones); two, it boosts sub numbers. Win-win for Blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    Hm I think the people working in their pricing department did a good job.

Not too low to have it abused and people complaining about it.
    Not too high to make buying more copies of WoD and merging your accounts worthwile.

I was expecting it to be cheaper and probably they will have sales (-25%, -50%?) a few months into WoD.

As it stands RAF seems much much better (which it should be).
    Exactly my thinking. It had to be more expensive than a race change, faction change or server transfer, and it had to be cheaper than buying a second account and account transferring. It's still "better" to RAF. I'll be saving my free 90 boost for if I ever change servers again, otherwise I'll most likely never use it.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gman94043 View Post
    Indeed.

People should have to do the hard, hard work of sitting in their chairs, playing a game.

Instead of just being lazy.

We see that alot these day , people confusing play with work .
    At the end of the day this game has really nothing to do with work .
    Work is the thing you get payed for , in this case you pay to play(by your own choice).
    So people with alot of lvl 90 toons have had alot of fun playing their beloved game otherwise it would be a uncontrolable addiction .
    As for the whole instant lvl 90 thing, its just another nippel to milk on the big cow named "world of warcraft" and should not be in the game .
    But thats just my opinion .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    If TESO makes it 10 years at the top and you have to level from 1-100 through the same content you might want a boost to 90.
    I played WoW for 8 years and I never wanted a boost to max level. I didn't even like the idea of XP gains on heirlooms, so why would that be different for my opinions on TESO?

I'm an RPG gamer first, MMO second. It's clear the current WoW fanbase has it the other way around. Thats why me and every single one of my friends from vanilla will never go back. The focus of the game has done a complete flip.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    No, that's not what he said. He's willing to pay $5-10 for a boost to 90 not more, that's what he said. It's called comprehension.
    Well aren't you a bucket of sunshine.

I would like you to re-read what he said again. Please. Let's analyze it together.

Haha, now I know that I won't be buying the boost. I put my limit at $5-10 for a free 90. Noway am I spending $60 on it.
    "Haha..."
    - This likely means he thinks something is funny, or comical, if you prefer that word.

"...now I know..."
    - This indicates a new piece of knowledge that he didn't have before. Such as the price of said service.

"...that I won't be buying the boost..."
    - This service is not for him. This is because of his new level of knowledge (i.e. the price).

"I put my limit at $5-10 for a free 90."
    - So. The limit he would pay is $5-10. He didn't know the price beforehand, but has now listed what he thinks is a fair price.

"Noway am I spending $60 on it."
    - Clearly the price as listed does not match his needs.

If we add it together it seems that he finds the price of $60 comical, didn't know the price beforehand, but now won't be buying it, thinks that an appropriate price would be $5-10, and would never pay $60 for such a service.

My question to him was whether he actually thought that such a service would actually cost $5-10, as he indicates this would be the price he would pay. For some reason this has led you to question my ability to comprehend. Since I have broken this down so nicely, I'm sure you can tell that this just isn't the case.

I'll just wait over here for your apology. I also accept cupcakes and/or donuts.

Deleted
    Lost almost all my faith in humanity while reading these comments.

It costs $60. Big deal, if you can't afford it, then don't use it.

I've heard a rumor that you can actually level a character in-game by your self.
    I know right, mind blown right there!

If it would be something like 20 - 30 $ people would feel more "forced" to use it when ever they felt like leveling a new character,
    but by making it $60 Blizzard is actually encouraging(?) people to level "the old way" (lol) and see / experience the whole wide world
    they've made us for!

Second, please tell me how this feature makes WoW pay-to-win? I would personally have to make this boosted character on a different realm,
    cause the one I am playing on is full (11 characters on my account I mean). Surely that has nothing to do with how well I am doing in-game.

All in all, never going to use it as I kinda like leveling. $60 is fine, in my opinion it could be even higher, and this is coming from a player that lives in Finland
    and if everything goes as always, this will mean $60 = 60€. That around $10 more that in US (or something around that).

And if the day ever comes when Blizzard actually starts to sell gear or other stuff THAT HAS ACTUAL IMPACT in-game, so many people will simply quit
    and thus I strongly believe it won't happen as long as WoW has strong and loyal "fanbase" that keeps on playing!

My 2 cents, sorry for possible grammar mistakes, not my first language..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    It doesn't take 50 hours even without help. With help it's really insane. You have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not here to argue that though.
    And that's for a NEW player who would have to buy the expansions the old way. I wasn't asking about a new player. You don't need to buy the other expansions to get WoD either I think. I believe you're allowed to buy WoD and just play WoD and not do the older content but I'm not sure. I believe that was the whole point of giving people free 90s for WoD since the older content was too much for a new player to go through. I was asking, if you buy WoD on a new account and merge them, does that cost money IF that's the way it's going work with WoD.
    You will still need to buy the previous games if you don't already have a secondary account. The base model currently stretches 1-85 content, so if you want a second account, you'd need to purchase WoW + MoP + WoD. They included a free 90 because they didn't like the idea of someone buying a new game and having to spend so much time trying to catch up on a main character. Going the route you suggested would be a $40 lvl90, but if you wanted it on your first account, you'd have to pay the $25 transfer fee.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    The downfall has started.
    its called Dreanor ...not downfall

Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    WoW Community reactions to level 90 Boost:

NOVEMBER: What!? A Level 90 boost!? I hate it! I swear I will never use it!!!

3 MONTHS LATER: What!? 60 bucks!? Now it is so expensive I can't use it!!!!

6 MONTHS LATER: Dude, it's only 60 bucks. Totally worth it, and a nice feature too.
    Here was my reaction:

November: Well, it's just an idea at this point, not something that's going in for certain.

1 Month Later: Well, looks like I'm going to go ahead and unsub. Can't see supporting a company that tries to be both P2P and Sub based in the same game, that's crappy business.

3 Months later: $60, I guess I can live with that. I'll never buy a boost because that defeats the core heart of an MMO. Anyone that buys that truly lives by the motto, "A fool and his money are soon parted." If someone wants to drop 4 months worth of play time on one character, that's their business. My opinion is they're retarded, but again, it's their choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a rip off. Blizz is getting desperate.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If blizz played there cards right, they would have set this to 10-20$. This would not only encourage current players to spend lots of $$$, but might add more new players increasing their subs therefore increasing $$$. but activision le sigh

$60 is too much for me to be bothered using it.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Well aren't you a bucket of sunshine.

I would like you to re-read what he said again. Please. Let's analyze it together.

"Haha..."
    - This likely means he thinks something is funny, or comical, if you prefer that word.

"...now I know..."
    - This indicates a new piece of knowledge that he didn't have before. Such as the price of said service.

"...that I won't be buying the boost..."
    - This service is not for him. This is because of his new level of knowledge (i.e. the price).

"I put my limit at $5-10 for a free 90."
    - So. The limit he would pay is $5-10. He didn't know the price beforehand, but has now listed what he thinks is a fair price.

"Noway am I spending $60 on it."
    - Clearly the price as listed does not match his needs.

If we add it together it seems that he finds the price of $60 comical, didn't know the price beforehand, but now won't be buying it, thinks that an appropriate price would be $5-10, and would never pay $60 for such a service.

My question to him was whether he actually thought that such a service would actually cost $5-10, as he indicates this would be the price he would pay. For some reason this has led you to question my ability to comprehend. Since I have broken this down so nicely, I'm sure you can tell that this just isn't the case.

I'll just wait over here for your apology. I also accept cupcakes and/or donuts.

Here's his answer to your post, once again, it's called comprehension...and no he didn't think 5-10 would be a fair price, he set his limit at 5-10 l2read.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I wasn't expecting it to be 5-10, I just knew that would be the max I would pay for it.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2014-02-19 at 04:30 AM.

I mean, yeah $60 is fine and dandy to prohibit people from skipping playing the game... But am I the only one who's like... Why did they even make it an option in the first place?

and I thought I'd quit this game because I was bored of WoW. Not because I was nervous about all the people who buy the expansion and get a free 90. Low and behold I am quitting for BOTH reasons. In before this game goes to complete shit with people who know nothing about their character. Or have purchased all 11 classes and can't tunnel vision just one and play it right. WoW has become a real world gold sink. Run you fools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    You will still need to buy the previous games if you don't already have a secondary account. The base model currently stretches 1-85 content, so if you want a second account, you'd need to purchase WoW + MoP + WoD. They included a free 90 because they didn't like the idea of someone buying a new game and having to spend so much time trying to catch up on a main character. Going the route you suggested would be a $40 lvl90, but if you wanted it on your first account, you'd have to pay the $25 transfer fee.
    Ok so there is a transfer fee of some sort, I didn't know that. So even if you only had to buy WoD AND xfer, it would still be 65 dollars, which is more expensive than just buying a 90 outright. Damn. I still think it's far too expensive for me but it makes sense at least now. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStopDying View Post
    and I thought I'd quit this game because I was bored of WoW. Not because I was nervous about all the people who buy the expansion and get a free 90. Low and behold I am quitting for BOTH reasons. In before this game goes to complete shit with people who know nothing about their character. Or have purchased all 11 classes and can't tunnel vision just one and play it right. WoW has become a real world gold sink. Run you fools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Boy I love these kinds of complaints. I used to be like you and then I realized that 95% of people are awful at this game anyway so providing them with this service won't change a damn thing. Ultimately the player is going to be good or bad depending on their own effort so it won't make any real difference what Blizzard does pretty much short of forcing these players into a heroic raiding group.