Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valentine1 View Post
    It is curious that you've unsubscribed yet still frequent the forums...
    Haha, we should do a poll some time, I bet a shitload of posters aren't actually subbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    well i guess the price will drop after the expansion is released , now they milking the impatient . make money with the stupidity of man nothing wrong there.
    Last edited by Igzorn; 2014-02-19 at 04:43 AM. Reason: grammer

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Here's his answer to your post, once again, it's called comprehension...and no he didn't think 5-10 would be a fair price, he set his limit at 5-10 l2read.
    I'm not entirely sure you know what comprehension means. I did kind of break it down for you, but maybe an example would help.

Imagine you went to a Porsche dealership. The dealer shows you around, points out all the nice shiny cars, and gauges your interest. He then says that the particular model you are eyeing costs $90,000. You reply that this was outrageous, and the most you would ever consider paying for it is $5-10.

At this point, can you imagine that the dealer might say something along the lines of: "Sir, did you really think you could buy a Porsche for $5-10?"

Can you see what I am getting at here? I quite clearly comprehend, and don't think I need to "l2read" as you so eloquently put it.

I think I'd like some ice cream with my pie and/or cupcakes. This is taking more effort than I thought it would.

I hope this is the final price, to discourage it unless someone REALLY wants to fork over their parent's money.

i'm just waiting for the inevitable gear sales.

you know it's going to happen.

Is 60 dollars worth 2.5 days of my life? Yes. Thread closed..

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    I'm saying if you already have an account that's active, can't you just buy another copy of the expansion and merge it with your current bnet one to get a 40 dollar 90? I've never done this so I'm not sure. I'm glad we can actually buy and skip shitty leveling since leveling is NOT content but 60 dollars is really expensive for the small amount of time needed. If you really try at it, it takes like 50 hours around on a specific class to hit max level in Tera (granted it's actually fun to play Tera unlike leveling in WoW) where as if you really try it's probably 15 I'd say with RAF and shit now for WoW to hit max level. I think it's way too expensive. Hell the only leveling I really dislike is Pandaria and they're going to nerf that before the expansion comes out so 15 hours w/o RAF will likely be pretty easy.
    It's subjective really, I found levelling fun in WoW the first 5 or so times.

It's not just the cost of the box, I don't think you can merge the BNet accounts. You have to buy the battlechest, plus MoP, plus WoD, plus a month's sub (I think), plus the cost of the transfer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    IIT: Massive numbers of teenagers spending their parents money, and fast food workers.

I still don't get the uproar over this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SilvaAger View Post
    Is 60 dollars worth 2.5 days of my life? Yes. Thread closed..
    Yeah, pretty much this. $60 isn't even worth my time before lunch, let alone 2.5 full days if I really want a character leveled.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is 10 years old. I don't give two fucks about levelling anymore. Neither do I $60.

It's going to be $60 now for all that are desperate. Once WoD hits it will likely be $40(the argument will be "cause you still got to level to 100...so we made it a bit cheaper". With the first or second big patch of WoD it will then go down to $30.....and in the last year of WoD you will have a christmas deal for $15. That will come about one month before they announce the new deal: $60 for level 100. And so on....

Thank GOODNESS. PHEW! This will stop people from feeling like we need to "pay to win" since it's unreasonably pricey!

Deleted
    The price aint so bad, if it was 20 or even lower, no one would level their chars. Just got my 7th 90 on sunday, so the leveling isnt so hard

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    this can only end well

/end sarcasm for the clueless

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I'm not entirely sure you know what comprehension means. I did kind of break it down for you, but maybe an example would help.

Imagine you went to a Porsche dealership. The dealer shows you around, points out all the nice shiny cars, and gauges your interest. He then says that the particular model you are eyeing costs $90,000. You reply that this was outrageous, and the most you would ever consider paying for it is $5-10.

At this point, can you imagine that the dealer might say something along the lines of: "Sir, did you really think you could buy a Porsche for $5-10?"

Can you see what I am getting at here? I quite clearly comprehend, and don't think I need to "l2read" as you so eloquently put it.

I think I'd like some ice cream with my pie and/or cupcakes. This is taking more effort than I thought it would.
    You are wrong i'm right, you couldn't comprehend 1 simple line then started acting like a smart ass. I told you what it was that he meant and you got offended because you were wrong (Nature of a nerd, they can't ever be wrong, they can never lose an argument) now you are trying to win an argument that you simply can't.

He meant $5-10 was the max he was going to pay for the service, he didn't think $5-10 was an appropriate price which is what you assumed. I'm out, have fun writing another paragraph, instead of just accepting you were wrong...now just wait...

Quote Originally Posted by lokinrond713 View Post
    this can only end well

/end sarcasm for the clueless
    52 pages late. Very original comment btw.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2014-02-19 at 05:51 AM.

hope all these retards saying they are going to quit actually do quit.

would be a lot nicer without these drooling twats in the expansion

I think the price is just right. If you want to skip a month or two of leveling up whilst paying their sub fees to get instant gratification of a 90 then you should have to dig a little deeper. Of course there are some people that can sneeze out 60$ like it's nothing but I think the large majority will be quite hesitant to use this fast track unless they really want it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Alright, here we go: I'll make an educated assumption off the bat that Blizzard use relational databases for WoW's back-end. This is just an assumption.

There'll most likely either be a web service call or a direct call through the web application server's data provider to the back-end database as an SQL query. This query can take the form of either a programmatically-constructed DML statement to do the updates, or be a simpler execute call to a stored procedure in the database.

I've kept this example platform-agnostic so as to not bring in confusing Oracle or SQL Server terminology or quirks... But any way you look at it the 60 dollar price tag is purely deterrent and not representative of effort or complexity required to deliver the service.
    Sigh. No. The price is because *enough people will pay it*. More might pay $15 or something but they likely don't want to flood the game with 90s AND they probably aren't confident that they'd sell significantly more than 4x the number at that price.

The price isn't about the database query anymore than the price of server or faction updates are about that.

Hum, so I have 14 90s, 1 of each class with 3 monks. Leveling is no biggie even without RaF. $60 is waaay overpriced. Oh well, people will pay still

Bleugh, pretty extortionate for a microtransaction. I won't be buying any boosts, then, and my consumer goodwill towards Blizzard went down another notch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could I just give them 10$ to get me from 80-90?