10+ Year Old Account

Trying PVP (Im a PVE hero) Need some help

I have Some questions I have about PVP
    Whats the best Spec -Talent and -Glyphs?
    Exp and Hit Cap %?
    Pet?
    and Stats?

spec etc varies depending on comp and matchup
    3% hitcap exp is based on opponent dodge/parry
    pet depends what your setup need/want, CC pet or a buff pet. Should probably always be cunning though if doing serious arena.
    stats I'm not really sure about, just copied a high ranking hunter this season who played MM with agi > PvP power > mastery = crit > haste, mastery being the worst stat in PvE for MM I'm not sure if mastery really beat crit for burst vs sustained damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only give good advice when it comes to BG`s and Rated BG`s, but i give it a shot.

BM and Marks are almost on par with each other, Marks delivers more Burst, BM lives longer so its yours to choose.

Stay behind the zerg, healers are always first target, use tranq shot and widow venom, never run far away from a flag wich is yours to defend and call early for help; theres always someone whos better than you in a 1v1.

Use the Zone Map aka. bg minimap !

Just a few basics but i hope it helps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    BM and Marks are almost on par with each other, Marks delivers more Burst, BM lives longer so its yours to choose.
    MM brings blanket silence aka Silencing shot what is superior control spell when it comes to arena or rbg. Pet as mentioned by shanattah will depend of setup you facing and setup you play, but cunning spec is way to go since you need Roar of sacrifice as major defensive cooldown. As cc pet i whould suggest crane, but disarm, interupt pets might be usefull as well against certain combos. Talents vary depending on your role and setup. Give pvp a shot and eventualy you will find what suits your the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Pet's I use

1) Crane ( Sleep )
    2) Silithid ( Web + Stam Buff )
    3) Goat ( Casting Debuff )
    4) Shale Spider ( Stats Buff + Stun )
    5) This spot I Flip between another buff or an interupt pet

Almost every game I'm using the goat or the silithid as my team has stats buff already and I have to deal with casters.

Hope some of this helped Cheers

Ps - I only pvp as BM, I'm sure my pet choices gave that away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    BM lives longer so its yours to choose.
    In MM I outlive BM all day. Chimera Shot + Spirit Bond + Glyph of Animal Bond + Glyph of Chimera Shot + Glyph of Liberation = Pissing people off because they cant kill me.

I also prefer MM due to silencing shot. Healers don't really stand a chance between silencing shot, Arcane Torrent (Belf Racial) and the MM burst.

in MM I go for crit and alternate between a Crane (sleep) and spider (root)

Quote Originally Posted by shoozadin View Post
    In MM I outlive BM all day. Chimera Shot + Spirit Bond + Glyph of Animal Bond + Glyph of Chimera Shot + Glyph of Liberation = Pissing people off because they cant kill me.

I also prefer MM due to silencing shot. Healers don't really stand a chance between silencing shot, Arcane Torrent (Belf Racial) and the MM burst.

in MM I go for crit and alternate between a Crane (sleep) and spider (root)
    the only thing that mm has over bm in terms of heals is chimera shot, BM lives more because of the extra trinket. Hunter healing is almost inconsequential tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    the only thing that mm has over bm in terms of heals is chimera shot, BM lives more because of the extra trinket. Hunter healing is almost inconsequential tbh.
    I agree with illana on this one, For myself i live longer as BM because i am able to get myself out of more ( deep freeze, Stuns and what not ) More often.

Having 2-3 extra breakouts during the course of the fight will save me taking more dmg then chimera ever would. I'd rather stop incoming dmg, rather then try and heal through it.

Is Survival any good for pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by mob1lejunkie View Post
    Is Survival any good for pvp?
    fine for bgs, higher rated arena you're going to start having some trouble without the blanket silence and dispels.

10+ Year Old Account
    One more Tipp: cheekyness Wins !

Deleted
    Marksmanship is pretty solid in every situation.

After hit and exp cap you want to go Crit > Mastery > Haste

For pets you can use whatever you like but I use:

Moth, gives interrupt. For caster teams.
    Bird of Prey, gives Disarm. For melee teams.
    Spider, gives Root. Mostly for BG kiting but works in arena
    Cat, gives Mastery buff and Prowl. For BGs and sometimes arena.
    Wolf, gives 5% crit. For BGs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solased View Post
    I have Some questions I have about PVP
    Whats the best Spec -Talent and -Glyphs?
    Exp and Hit Cap %?
    Pet?
    and Stats?
    I prefer BM when I PVP with my hunters. My pets almost always run in Cunning simply because that spec is tailored to PVP. The pets I run vary a bit given whatever BG I end up in (given I only PVP in the world or in BG settings) - but I always include a cat (for stealth) amongst those I take in, as I often find myself guarding a node or a flag carrier. Personally, I love Shale Spiders (web).. just cannot stomach dealing with the regular spiders (due to that godawful sound they make while running at things.) I also always keep a wolf handy, and have had good experience with ravagers.

Hit/expertise will only matter til Warlords.. but yes, 3% hit and expertise are all you'll need. Stats you'll seek vary based on spec you choose.. but given I play BM, I go for Expertise (3%+) > Ranged Hit (3%) > Agility > Mastery >= Crit > Haste.

Otherwise, I'll go a bit beyond your queries and offer some addon advice..
    bg-defender is great for calling incoming numbers/asking for help and declaring a node safe.
    bg-spy is great for getting an idea of what you're facing before you actually get shot at/clubbed.
    battlegroundtargets makes identifying flag carriers, healers and tanks a 1-click process.
    omni-cc adds convenient cooldown timer numbers to your icons.
    tidy-plates is a very customizable nameplate changer addon, and I love it.

Hopefully the suggestions prove useful to you. I swear by these addons, personally.
    Last edited by Invictus9001; 2014-02-27 at 07:25 AM.

#FlightIsImportant