Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    argument for it: it replaces 90 levels worth of content, it's a premium.
    against it: don't wanna fucking buy it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I think it's blizzards way of treading the waters of P2W depending on how many morons pay for it they'll stop adding ridiculous crap to the store or get even more ridiculous.
    They've already stated that they're not going to tread into the waters of power boosts, but said convenience boosts were fair game. Instant level 90 is convenience, not power.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Time is money. -Ben Franklin

Disclaimer - if you don't currently control your own yearly income this post does not apply to you. If you are too young to even work, again this post does not apply to you. that being said...

For the folks in the US lets make this about cost vs minimum wage. ($7.25 per hour)

Now at the current minimum wage after the tax man gets his 34% cut
    $7.25 * 12.5 = $90.625 * 0.66 = $59.81

I chose minimum wage just to try to give perspective that even at lower class income levels it is still feasible that 12.5 hours of work is less time consuming than the 1-90 time sink. I for one can't boost to 90 in 12.5 hours or less.

The choice of spending the money to save time is completely dependent on the persons current budget and living situation. I would wager that out of the millions of adults with full time income can see the value of this service even at the current leaked cost

World of WarCraft, the game you pay $60 to buy and then $60 more to skip playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyLee View Post
    Actually, they just use bots, but okay.

And it's Blizzard game, they can do whatever they like with it. They're not forcing you to buy the boost. This seems to be what most people don't realise, you're not being left out, you aren't affected, you aren't being forced to buy the boost. It's an OPTION for the people who would like to use it.
    Gold farmers/sellers don't force you either, did they point a gun at your head to buy their gold or power-leveling?

The price or whatever is not even the point here, the point is:

Why blizzard can do it, and others have to be banned for doing the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Gold farmers/sellers don't force you either, did they point a gun at your head to buy their gold or power-leveling?

The price or whatever is not even the point here, the point is:

Why blizzard can do it, and others have to be banned for doing the same thing?
    Because they hate you. And I do mean you personally.

I just made another thread about it, but I'm so disappointed in Blizzard. Not because of selling a 90 boost for $60, but because they know the leveling system is shitty design in this day and age and instead of introducing the level scaling technology they were all about a few months ago, they elected to go with a paid level 90 boost. Fucking absolutely retarded and pathetic. The more and more I see the worse and worse I feel about what this company has become.

What content are you skipping exactly? I've leveled a metric fuckton of toons and I don't want to level through MoP ever again. That's why it pisses me off.

10+ Year Old Account
    This price is to turn you away from buying it. The choice is there for the people who have demanded it for years but it is set at a price so that everyone will not just skip all the content.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sury View Post
    Time is money. -Ben Franklin

Disclaimer - if you don't currently control your own yearly income this post does not apply to you. If you are too young to even work, again this post does not apply to you. that being said...

For the folks in the US lets make this about cost vs minimum wage. ($7.25 per hour)

I chose minimum wage just to try to give perspective that even at lower class income levels it is still feasible that 12.5 hours of work is less time consuming than the 1-90 time sink. I for one can't boost to 90 in 12.5 hours or less.

The choice of spending the money to save time is completely dependent on the persons current budget and living situation. I would wager that out of the millions of adults with full time income can see the value of this service even at the current leaked cost

END OF ARGUMENT. There is no good argument against this logic. 12 hours of my time is worth well of a lot more than 60 bucks.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Silence. Do you have any idea WHATSOEVER how business works? They'll be making EXPONENTIALLY less by selling them at this price, and everyone with half a brain knows it.

It's a small token of the fact that perhaps they're not cashing in right away - it's still out of reach of the general populace to fill their slots with effortless 90s.

They'd be laughing all the way to the bank if they were CHEAPER, not at this price. Seriously. What the hell do they teach in schools these days..?
    I don't think it's true because there's a finite demand for insta-90s and Blizzard can get $60 from the people willing to pay that much and then turn around and have a sale to get most everyone else. It all has to do with the elasticity of demand, and I have little doubt that Activision-Blizzard employs or consults with business economists who help them figure out their pricing. They don't arrive at these numbers by drawing them out of a hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha, sixty dollars.

"You can buy a brand-new major-release game in 2014...
    ... or you can buy an Orc Warlock in a 10-year-old MMO."

Cheers, Blizz. That takes crass. =)

The point is to dissuade too many people from using it....

Hokay, math time.

Last I looked it takes me maybe 4 days played to level a character 1-90. I can't say that 100%, but it seems about right. Even so, let's make it 5 days played.

5 days played = 120 hours.

US minimum wage is $7.25 (correct me if I'm wrong, not from the US). In 120 hours, you would thus earn $870 before tax. Again, I don't 100% know the tax in America, but let's say it's 20%. So that's $696.

And I see this as a good option for people working full time. If you're not working, do the work yourself and level, it doesn't take long.

So, let's sum this up. You can go work for ~10 hours and get a 90. Or you can play for 120 hours and get a 90.

TL;DR: If anything $60 is cheap. Stop whining.

Selling pets, mounts, cosmetic gear, and now selling power leveling...

I won't even be surprised if one day Blizzard starts to sell gold or gear.

What won't they sell for real money at this point?

The business is all about money.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    END OF ARGUMENT. There is no good argument against this logic. 12 hours of my time is worth well of a lot more than 60 bucks.
    You can get a lot more bang for your buck by buying a new game for 60 bucks that's 40+ hours of brand new content
    With no sub fee to boot for most

Edit: missread your point
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2014-02-19 at 12:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You can get a lot more bang for your buck by buying a new game for 60 bucks that's 40+ hours of brand new content

Sorry, not end of discussion :P
    No that is an opinion. I have bought numerous games recently only to be turned off by them in 5-6 hours. Most games are lucky to get past the 20 hour mark anymore, or I can get a new 90 and gear him and play him with friends for weeks....
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Exactly.

Price is reasonable enough that if you want to boost that Vanilla character up to 90, you can without breaking the bank, but to revive and bring back all of your characters it would make a hefty dent in your wallet and deter most people.

At the end of the day, people love to complain. You have "The price is too high!!! WTF Blizzard a level 90 doesn't take that much money, good game Bli$$!" and then heaven forbid the price was lower they'd scream "WTF Blizzard! Now everybody is going to boost 90's of all classes and not know what's going on good game Bli$$!"

As always, it's a lose/lose.
    The it is too expensive like all blizz services.

60$ is a price of new game that just came out.

I was thinking of buying few lvls since i just cannot do leveling, i just can't. But 60 bucks it is too big, the whole WoD cost that much, and you have access to all zones etc.

It has nothing to do if i am reach or poor. It is simply value vs money.

I haven't used any of blizz services because they are too high. End of topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sury View Post

I respect your argument although free time is not worth the same as working time. If there was an infinite supply of work and people could simply choose to work or play WoW that would make sense, but in reality there are a lot of Americans who would love to work more but struggle to find jobs.

Also, I don't know of many people making minimum wage who get a full 34% taken out of their checks. In most places, minimum wage earners end up owing no income tax, but they do lose 7.65% to FICA.

"If" my work paid overtime and not stupid comp, I would have to work 3 hours to buy one OR I could spend what, 30-40 hours leveling. It's not overpriced

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I find it a massive step down a horrible slippery slope.

It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth this sort of thing on a sub based game
    I'm with you. Lets see where the cash shop is in 2 years. So we can come back to all of the "Slippery slope fallacy" ppl and laugh.