Page 19 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Its p2w. How can one NOT be disgusted, that goes beyond my comprehension..
    If someone who bought a level 90 was in a raid with someone who leveled a level 90, who would do more DPS? Which would win in a 1v1 duel?
    You just lost The Game

Ugh I don't think we need MORE posts like this. I guess the idea is that if Blizz is going to provide the service, it might as well be dirt cheap? I don't know.

Win what? What do you win with a 90? I have 13 at the moment (2 accounts) and another 5 on the way so I have most classes and professions on each account, but what exactly am I winning? I do not, when I get one to 90, t98 gear and rare mounts I do not already have. I get timeless gear (as it is account bound) but I still have to do tillers and cloud serpent stuff to get their benefits and do HCs if I want JPs and dailies if I want VPs for upgrades? So what does buying a 90 get you that is better?

If you think hitting level 90 is winning why do you even sub after the first month?

Assuming you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH, I have no problem with purchasable 90s. And I'm glad that they are so expensive. It deter's people from spending so much money on a 90 unless they only need 1 or 2 more classes.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmanderp View Post
    The purpose of this thread is to help understand why some people are crying out about this (possible) number for the cost. I personally think it is a reasonable price for the amount of content that you are skipping.
    Personally, I was think they go for around $90-100. I was sort of shocked to see such a cheaper price. I also have no plans to buy one I like leveling all my characters, it is not like it is a very difficult task to complete given the many xp boost available these days. I can usually level a character with moderate play in about 3 days, if I push hard I can manage around 12 hrs. People will complain no matter what they cost and those that thought it was going to be around $20-30 are on some serious drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think giving new players the option to buy level 90's is fucking stupid.
    The only way you should be allowed to buy one is if you have lvl'd a toon to 90 on your own

The leveling part of this game is getting ruined already with Heirlooms+guild perks+RaF...You do about 4 quest a zone and queue a dungeon and then you're done.(excluding MoP)
    What happened to the aspect of questing? It's dumb tbh.
    Last edited by Grahamington; 2014-02-19 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Poor people gonna be poor, and mad. The only reason people would be mad at this price. It's reasonably expensive to curb abuse of the mechanic yet cheap enough that it's obtainable if you find value in not having to grind out 90 levels again.
    Poor or not, it's people's money they can do what they wish with it, it just bugs me the notion that people would pay $60 for an instant 90. That they could lvl in a few days or a week.

I have to ask the people complaining about it being "too expensive".... if it were $10 would you then complain that it's so cheap you feel "forced to use it?" or that it's so cheap "everyone will use it and ruin the game"?

I mean, I know people will complain regardless because there's always 2 sides to every discussion, but honestly, isn't a higher price a good thing? It means most people will actually strongly evaluate if it's worth it instead of just going "Time to level a Hunter.... /hands over $10. Done!"

After all, we know this was only introduced to "combat" (so to speak) people just buying multiple copies of WOD. Infact, if Blizzard were cash hungry they probably would have left it that way... put every expansion on sale for $5 each, then $40 for WOD + Account transfer for the free $90. That's more than $60 folks.

Deleted
    Should have been more if you ask me, hope it will make people think twice and choose to level the old fashion way. There`s no better way to learn your class than leveling for 1 . Ask yourself would you want to enter a random instance group like dung or lfr or random bg with some people who dont know what their abilities do

Quote Originally Posted by Charmanderp View Post
    The purpose of this thread is to help understand why some people are crying out about this (possible) number for the cost. I personally think it is a reasonable price for the amount of content that you are skipping.
    Playing WoW since early Vanilla and having over 6 level 90's you really get sick of questing. For me I'd rather pay $60 for a under-geared level 90 and gear it up myself then having to go through all the content over and over again.. People have to really think about if you want to do it or not because you do have a choice in buying it or not. This won't ruin the game at all, all the noobies will be trying to learn how to play their class and with WoD on it's way they new player's will have 10 whole levels to learn their class.

Either you buy the boost or don't buy the boost because at the end of the day, it's your choice..

Honestly there'd be hundreds of pages of furious QQ no matter what it cost.

One whiff of a dollar sign and the playerbase backs a dumptruck full of sand up into its vagina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreiBD View Post
    Should have been more if you ask me, hope it will make people think twice and choose to level the old fashion way. There`s no better way to learn your class than leveling for 1 . Ask yourself would you want to enter a random instance group like dung or lfr or random bg with some people who dont know what their abilities do
    Bolded: Admittedly, back in the days of account swapping/buying, I jumped on plenty of "max level" characters with no issues. Leveling teaches you a bit sure, but nothing about endgame. So boosted or hand played, you still need to learn how to play endgame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Hah. Sooo, the guys who write the code and build the world don't deserve the money because they don't do anything, and the guys who chain migrant workers to computers in 16 hour shifts at starvation wages do deserve the money because what they do is "something." The bit where they sell your account info to a gold-stealing hacker is of course also their due, but the guy who helps you get your character back? Man, screw that guy, what did he ever do for anyone?
    It was a joke, fairly obviously. Besides, we're paying $15/week on a mass scale for "the guys who write the code and build the world". That's the general idea, and it's worked since 2004 fairly well.

Well I don't know if this will be the price on live... but if it is, I wouldn't use it.

For 60 I can buy the whole game fresh, give it to a friend, RAF him and make more 90's in a short time and get the other raf stuff on top of it.
    In this way I could have more for $60 then just 1 level 90.

But this is a subjective matter, it boils down to what do want in return for your money and do you just want to buy the shortest way possible or do you want the most out of your money.

$60 is quite a lot of money for 1 90 char; I will not buy this. Leveling can be boring but it is quite fast also; for me not worth $60.
    For the other who can afford it and want to spend that amount on a free 90: well have fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    IF you think about it, it's already pay to win, since those boosted lvl 90s are coming with i lvl 483 gear. Any person who reaches 90 with i lvl 429 questing gear will not have upper hand over a guy who gets ilvl 483 green gear with a boosted.
    Hey, I agree completely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    I would say it's a very good price. It will keep MOST people from just using it to buy a 90 of every class.
    Looks like someone missing hes homeowrk! You can boost ONLY one character to 90!!!!
    Last edited by mmoc24665d4db5; 2014-02-19 at 06:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Bolded: Admittedly, back in the days of account swapping/buying, I jumped on plenty of "max level" characters with no issues. Leveling teaches you a bit sure, but nothing about endgame. So boosted or hand played, you still need to learn how to play endgame.
    I`m not talking about endgame , i`m talking about leveling. Just think about it , buy instant level 90 transfer 2-3 herolooms + 2-3 items from some quests and voila queue in dungeons with mr. what does this button do who has been plaing his class for 20 min

How much is your time worth?

How long would it take you to level a character from 1 to 90? 8 hours? 12 hours? 20 hours? Considering that the minimum wage in Ontario is currently around $10.50 an hour, then less then 6 hours of "work" for a fresh, no effort 90 seems like a fairly decent alternative to efffectively wasting what is likely to be considerably more then 6 hours essentially repeating content I have already done multiple times to otherwise freshly ding a new character from 1 to 90.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2014-02-19 at 06:59 AM.

for that amount, you can buy the whole game and give it to a friend... and use raf.
    You'll get more return of your money.

But, it is up to the individual to decide what to do......