Page 27 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Personally, the $60 price tag is far too much to be worth it for me, personally. But is it a reasonable price for its purpose? I think, unfortunately, it is.

Here's the thing. Remember why they're implementing this in the shop in the fist place- it's because, with the free 90 perk included with Warlords, people could "buy" 90s anyway by purchasing additional copies of the expansion and then transferring the boosted 90 to their main account. This is what Blizzard wants to prevent, by removing the necessity of such a 'workaround,' and adding the feature directly to the store for people who want to play that amount of money for it.

Warlords of Draenor will almost certainly cost $40, just like the other expansions. The current Battlechest costs $20 and contains up through Cataclysm. Assuming Mists will be added to the Battlechest with Warlord's launch, it will cost $60 to get a 'free' boosted level 90 on another account by purchasing extra copies of Warlords of Draenor. It will then cost another $25 to transfer that boosted 90 to your main account. $85 in total.

The purpose of offering the level 90 boost in the store is because offering it as a perk with the purchase of Warlords allows people to purchase additional 90 boosts anyway. Offering it for $60 is cheaper than it would cost someone using a "buy-extra-WoD-copies" workaround to get additional 90s. This service is targeted at people who would have paid $85 to get a level 90 by buying extra WoD copies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Yeah and I'm sure lots of people feel the same way but haven't the money or have the sense not to purchase it. Why should you or anyone skip content everyone else has to do? Why are we creating a 2 tier system? Why are having to put up with this crap in a game that already requires a fee to play?

It this kind of pandering to the "but I haven't got time!" people that gave us LFR but this time its got a $60 fee.
    No one "has" to do anything. We are all given the same options, and the same advantages. Some of us see the value and choose to take it. Others are just too "frugle" and would rather bitch about the price and other great topics like why hunters don't use mana anymore. Why are you so threatened by the fact that every person who plays WoW can purchase a lvl 90 boost and then grind to 100 at THE SAME TIME? They are not going to beat you for world first. If they do, then they are a better player. They still have to go back and level professions, raise rep, and explore for flight paths (unless they give them out like Death Knights).

Maybe you should spend less time worrying about someone who wants to pay for an OPTIONAL SERVICE and more time trying to figure out what is really bothering you. It's ok if you are poor... I get it. I was poor 20 years ago. Lived in a studio apartment. Drove a chevy (15 years old). Ate Ramen noodles. Stayed home and watched movies. Made $12 a hour. Now, I don't have those issues and will gladly pay to skip 40 hours of BULLSHIT so I can get on to the current content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Personally, the $60 price tag is far too much to be worth it for me, personally. But is it a reasonable price for its purpose? I think, unfortunately, it is.

Here's the thing. Remember why they're implementing this in the shop in the fist place- it's because, with the free 90 perk included with Warlords, people could "buy" 90s anyway by purchasing additional copies of the expansion and then transferring the boosted 90 to their main account. This is what Blizzard wants to prevent, by removing the necessity of such a 'workaround,' and adding the feature directly to the store for people who want to play that amount of money for it.

Warlords of Draenor will almost certainly cost $40, just like the other expansions. The current Battlechest costs $20 and contains up through Cataclysm. Assuming Mists will be added to the Battlechest with Warlord's launch, it will cost $60 to get a 'free' boosted level 90 on another account by purchasing extra copies of Warlords of Draenor. It will then cost another $25 to transfer that boosted 90 to your main account. $85 in total.

The purpose of offering the level 90 boost in the store is because offering it as a perk with the purchase of Warlords allows people to purchase additional 90 boosts anyway. Offering it for $60 is cheaper than it would cost someone using a "buy-extra-WoD-copies" workaround to get additional 90s. This service is targeted at people who would have paid $85 to get a level 90 by buying extra WoD copies.
    Could not have said it better myself. The option would have still been there. This just streamlines it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    My time in the game is absolutely worth it... at lvl 90. I've leveled one of each class... horde AND alliance. I am looking forward to skipping the same boring ass content of the first 89 levels just to get onto Warlords of Draenor. I've leveled using only pet battles, only dungeons, only PvP, only quests, and a variety of each. I am not interested in seeing it all over and over. For the moment, I am unaffected by the need for one, I will likely buy a NEW class when it comes out. At that point, I can buy a 90, with lvl 100s waiting to become lvl 110 and still have to grind for what will likely be my 22nd time through the content just to get the new class up to snuff with all the others.

Unless I just say fuck it, and chuck it, and level 1 or 2 classes. Either way, how I spend MY money, is MY business.
    If you've leveled every class twice, your free time isn't nearly as valuable as you seem to think it is.

/sorry, couldn't resist.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would hardly say lvl 90 with the vendor greens is the finish....

Quote Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
    But whats next? Buying Achievements/Gear/professions. Whats the point of an MMO if you can buy your way to the finish.

10+ Year Old Account
    The current Battlechest costs $20 and contains up through Cataclysm. Assuming Mists will be added to the Battlechest with Warlord's launch, it will cost $60 to get a 'free' boosted level 90 on another account by purchasing extra copies of Warlords of Draenor. It will then cost another $25 to transfer that boosted 90 to your main account. $85 in total.

Nobody at all is disputing that, nobody is upset about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If you've leveled every class twice, your free time isn't nearly as valuable as you seem to think it is.

/sorry, couldn't resist.
    I was single at the time and had 4 roommates who all played. My time then, was not as valuable. Nowadays, completely different story. It's ok though. I kept waiting for you to chime in. Haven't see you all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    Nobody at all is disputing that, nobody is upset about that.
    Then why are people complaining about the price?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    $60 feels pretty expensive for a level 90. Think about what $60 could get you elsewhere? I don't disagree with the price, but I personally thought it'd be closer to $30 / $40 which would also make it more accessible.
    $60 wont get you hardly anything in UK money that £35 so you wouldnt be able to buy anything any good with it, you cant even buy a new console game for £35, i think its a good deal and blizzard are not going pay to win to whoever replies to this cos its a boost you dnt have to do it and it doesnt affect end game at all and then i lget people saying you need to level to learn your class bullshit ive seen many people who suck at warcraft and they leveled thru 1-90, but imho i think its a good idea who wants to keep doing outdated content to get to the current ocntent nobody. what happens 4 expansions down the line when they offer a free level X lets say max level is gonna be what 140 in 4 years time do you really think people are gonna wanna level 1-140 hell no stop thinking about the price and the short term and think about the longe term its a great idea

Quote Originally Posted by matters View Post
    So let me get this straight, when the feature was announced people complained about it being p2w or something to that extent. Now that they are actually going to bring this feature to fruition and the cost is announced people are complaining about the cost?

Which is it, do people not like this option or do they not like it because it is now the most expensive paid service Blizzard offers? To be quite honest it just seems like complaining just for the sake of complaining.

I will admit that i was a bit shocked to see that it will cost $60 for the level 90 boost (since i was in the club of people who thought that it would be around $25) but after thinking about it for a while i realized that this was a good move. Pricing the boost at $60 means people won't be buying a level 90 of each class (most at least) AND Blizzard stands to make a pretty penny from this service alone. People complained about the level 90 boost being p2w, setting the price so high will make players really think about whether or not they want an instant 90 or if they would rather level the character themselves, learning the class as they go through their leveling experience.
    Duh, how would their lives be if they couldn't find something to complain about?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am thinking the price is just a red herring. The real issue is getting to skip the content. The "Back in my day" players of Vanilla/TBC/Wrath all seem to hate the fact that players can now SKIP this stuff, which they still treasure. It is likely a combination of us WANTING to skip it and calling it boring ass trash at the same time. Personally, I started in TBC and am tired of the content. These people seem to think you will lack the skill if you skip the leveling. I say to them SoR and RaF.

Deleted
    Leveling will be much more difficult now because there will be less players for dungeons during 1-90 if the price would be lower than finding group for dungeons would be barely impossible and all content they made in Cata would become totally useless coz 95% of players would buy instant 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I am thinking the price is just a red herring. The real issue is getting to skip the content. The "Back in my day" players of Vanilla/TBC/Wrath all seem to hate the fact that players can now SKIP this stuff, which they still treasure. It is likely a combination of us WANTING to skip it and calling it boring ass trash at the same time. Personally, I started in TBC and am tired of the content. These people seem to think you will lack the skill if you skip the leveling. I say to them SoR and RaF.
    Yeah, but this wasn't happening when it was announced as a free perk with warlords, even though it has exactly the same consequences and ramifications.

This leads me to believe that people are pissed because a price-tag they can't or don't want to afford has been attached to it, even though it's a reasonable price.

If it was really the issue they claim it is, they should have been up in arms as soon as it was announced as a perk with WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's too high, in their opinion. It could have been 50 or 40 dollars and everything else you said would still be true.

Because most of us have spent thousands of dollars on WoW, when most games ask less than a hundred upfront. Because with a sub fee being charged there is an expectation of new content in exchange, and that's not being met in the eyes of many. Because it seems silly for most people to pay the price of a game in order to not play old games that they've already bought.

It's not a question of price. I have $60 dollars many times over, it's not a big expense. It's a question of value. Even though I have $60 disposable income, doesn't mean I'm going to pay $60 dollars for a candy bar. A candy bar isn't worth 60 dollars, no matter how much money you have.

Price is right.

Move along.

Exactly.

I can only assume they're butthurt after hoping it would of been $20 and don't want to shell out the $60... but know they're going to. If Blizzard was the cash hungry cow people keep accusing them of being, they would of left it alone and made people buy multiple accounts for the free boosts.

Deleted
    I Have an idea... How about making the leveling less painful instead of sticking a price tag on it?

Oh.. it doesn't get you 60 dollars? Nevermind then.

Because it's too high, in their opinion. It could have been 50 or 40 dollars and everything else you said would still be true.

Because most of us have spent thousands of dollars on WoW, when most games ask less than a hundred upfront. Because with a sub fee being charged there is an expectation of new content in exchange, and that's not being met in the eyes of many. Because it seems silly for most people to pay the price of a game in order to not play old games that they've already bought.

It's not a question of price. I have $60 dollars many times over, it's not a big expense. It's a question of value. Even though I have $60 disposable income, doesn't mean I'm going to pay $60 dollars for a candy bar. A candy bar isn't worth 60 dollars, no matter how much money you have.
    Why is the price too high now, instead of people complaining about the $85 it would have cost to buy a 90 when you would have had to buy extra WoD copies?

A candy bar is worth 60 dollars if you can consume it endlessly for 30 days. I'd say it would be worth well over 60 bucks of you can start eating it on the 1st of the month and continue eating it until the end of the month.

Deleted
    It'll most likely drop in price once WoD is out. Personally i don't think it's much of an issue and i won't be using it myself but if people want to then i'm fine with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    Leveling will be much more difficult now because there will be less players for dungeons during 1-90 if the price would be lower than finding group for dungeons would be barely impossible and all content they made in Cata would become totally useless coz 95% of players would buy instant 90.
    This is the REAL reason. People hate the content so much, they powerlevel through DUNGEONS. Those of us who hate the content AND power leveling in dungeons want this boost. No more needing Heirlooms of everykind. People who want to save their $$ can continue to do it the regular way. Those of us who despise the regular way will vote with our wallets.

News flash: Power leveling in dungeons is a way to AVOID THE CONTENT of questing