Page 73 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really care if people buy 90 boosters.
    What bothers me is when there's at least 8 people in lfr with more than half of those 483 gear, and the worst part being not knowing how to play the respective class overall. For example I met a tank who got carried in a few lockouts to get heroic SoO/ToT gear but still dropped like a fly to lfr Immerseus. No way in hell I'm gonna carry that much people and wipe our way more than 2x determination. At the very least read up on Icy Veins or something.

I boosted my pally to 90 and play as ret and have had zero issues pulling my weight in LFR. I spent sometime on timeless getting gear and learning some of the ins and outs of my class. Lastly i read up a quick guide and that with my knowledge from doing the fights on my ranged as able to do very well in LFR. However alot of people just go in with no idea what half their ability or passives do much less a priority system or if they are used to melee or ranged what the differences in a fight might be for them.

It will be like original DK's, only for every class. They had a reputation for being the noob class, for good reason. Just another sign of a race to the bottom. I'm glad I quit this game already. The community is garbage and this is just another example of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone remember the big fuss over the transmog helms? Well people have nothing better to do then try to make others miserable and cry.

Boosting in a sub based game is simply not a good idea as it devalues the product. I would argue that makes a strong case for WoW to become F2P or some hybrid not continue to be a sub based game if they choose to increase such services using rlm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because as I have said before. Most wow players suck at their main class and are much much worse at their new 90. They depend on others to carry them because they haven't put the time into learning their own class let alone a new one.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: People failing to realise that while people were always bad in LFR, the quality of player in ToT and SoO LFRs has SIGNIFICANTLY decreased (at least, in my personal experience, and presumably in the experience of the complainers too) since the Level 90 boost.

Some people depend on those LFRs to suppliment gear from Flex if they're missing important stuff (and SoO LFR trinkets and tier is at times as good as, or better than ToT HC gear, depending on the item of course) or to do the legendary quests on alts. Personally I like to progress my characters properly, I refuse to ask a flex group to carry my 497 just dinged characters, I'll give LFR a few runs until a trinket or two and some gear until I'm like 520+, then I'll start doing Flex, best I find being completely carried distasteful.

Probably has something to do with me mainly gearing tanks though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Name one sandbox mmo.
    Eve Online.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Boosting in a sub based game is simply not a good idea as it devalues the product.
    For players who have been through it a few times, the 'product' is about as devalued as it can get. Those that want to level can do so; those that don't have options. I agree that people should learn to play their class before inflicting themselves on others but there's plenty of evidence that there were more than a few who never bothered much with that prior to boosts. It doesn't make much difference. Good players will take the time they need to figure it out; the rest won't and never really have.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Minxyqt View Post
    ITT: People failing to realise that while people were always bad in LFR, the quality of player in ToT and SoO LFRs has SIGNIFICANTLY decreased (at least, in my personal experience, and presumably in the experience of the complainers too) since the Level 90 boost.

Some people depend on those LFRs to suppliment gear from Flex if they're missing important stuff (and SoO LFR trinkets and tier is at times as good as, or better than ToT HC gear, depending on the item of course) or to do the legendary quests on alts. Personally I like to progress my characters properly, I refuse to ask a flex group to carry my 497 just dinged characters, I'll give LFR a few runs until a trinket or two and some gear until I'm like 520+, then I'll start doing Flex, best I find being completely carried distasteful.

Probably has something to do with me mainly gearing tanks though.
    While this is true, it has little to do with the boost itself. The boosts did not suddenly make every player terrible because they "skipped the valuable learning experience of leveling from 1-90." It just corralled a bunch of bad players who already existed into the same environment, making them far more apparent.

Neither class mechanics nor LFR mechanics are that hard - leveling to 90 teaches me a very different set of class mechanics than those required for raiding, and teaches me nearly nothing about raid mechanics. Whether I boost a character or level it the old-fashioned way, the first thing I do before stepping into a raid is compare my rotation/priority to EJ or some other guide to make sure I'm not doing it horribly. The second thing I do is read up on the fights. A boosted 90 does nothing to encourage or discourage that, nor does it influence my ability to comprehend said reading.

On the other hand, a bad player may ignore that process entirely - regardless of whether or not they boosted their character. The issue isn't that these players got a 'free' 90 that they don't know how to play, the issue is that they ignored their responsibility to read up on their class or the raid they're jumping into. They're also getting bumped right into the item level required for ToT, so they don't have the cushion of the first tier where the raids are (more) laughably easy and where everyone can largely ignore mechanics and succeed. This is the problem on the individual level - they don't know their class, and they're potentially unprepared for the raid they're jumping into as well. This would've happened with or without the boost.

The bigger issue, the "trend" after the boosts, is that all of these bad players with these bad habits suddenly hit level 90 and ToT item level at the exact same time. There is a sudden surge of these players not giving a crap and queuing up for ToT/SoO without ever reading up on their class. This is a temporary problem. These players already existed in the game, probably with max level characters of their own. The difference is, they were all spread out, all at different levels of progression, doing different things. They were likely spread out over all three tiers of LFR, with some not raiding or playing at all. The release of the 90 boost funneled them all into the same content at the same time, inflating the number of bad players jumping into LFR for ToT and SoO. After a couple of weeks, maybe a month, these players will spread out again - some will learn their class and the raids, some will progress more quickly or slowly than others, some will get bored of their fancy new character or raiding or switch focus back to their main or what have you, and this swell of bad players will start to diffuse again. When the first rush of boosted 90s disperses, new boosted 90s will trickle in much more slowly (just like regular 90s), and the issue won't be nearly as apparent. Once WoD comes out, no one will even notice boosted characters.

Also, after the boosts and playing on a boosted DK tank, my LFR groups have had at most two wipes, usually less than that. The longest a run has taken is maybe an hour. This isn't outside of my expectations for LFR - shit happens, and I'm not going to lose it over a couple of wipes. I've had heroic fives wipe worse and go longer. Granted, that was mostly in Cata, but still. If I'm only doing one tier, I'll finish my LFR obligations in about four hours max every week. This does not sound unreasonable to me. I'm not sure what the fuss is about, but maybe I'm just carrying my groups hard enough not to notice the terror?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tseol View Post
    The bigger issue, the "trend" after the boosts, is that all of these bad players with these bad habits suddenly hit level 90 and ToT item level at the exact same time. There is a sudden surge of these players not giving a crap and queuing up for ToT/SoO without ever reading up on their class. This is a temporary problem. These players already existed in the game, probably with max level characters of their own. The difference is, they were all spread out, all at different levels of progression, doing different things. They were likely spread out over all three tiers of LFR, with some not raiding or playing at all. The release of the 90 boost funneled them all into the same content at the same time, inflating the number of bad players jumping into LFR for ToT and SoO. After a couple of weeks, maybe a month, these players will spread out again - some will learn their class and the raids, some will progress more quickly or slowly than others, some will get bored of their fancy new character or raiding or switch focus back to their main or what have you, and this swell of bad players will start to diffuse again. When the first rush of boosted 90s disperses, new boosted 90s will trickle in much more slowly (just like regular 90s), and the issue won't be nearly as apparent. Once WoD comes out, no one will even notice boosted characters.
    I would like to chip in and say that this weeks reset in ToT was much more "normal"

I am working on secrets on my 5 week old Monk and it was pretty bad last week, much better this!

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    But if those people were just as bad, but they levelled the character themselves without paying for the boost, that'd be okay?
    Yeah. It's no coincidence that LFR took a massive turn for the worse starting a week ago. People love to minimize the leveling process and what it shows a player about a class/spec. But it does teach you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I would like to chip in and say that this weeks reset in ToT was much more "normal"

I am working on secrets on my 5 week old Monk and it was pretty bad last week, much better this!
    Because all of the boosters were out and moving on to SoO.

Deleted
    I dont like it.. Because, 1st when i thought the player base couldnt get any worse. 90 boosting came out. Its unbelievable how bad 95% of the players are

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    You have no idea what hate means then. You HATE someone that does that? Pretty sad.
    What's even more sad is twisting someones words around to fulfill your agenda. Hate doesn't mean literal hate in this context. But you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    Try being in a lfr with a bunch a pay to boosts dps in nothing but greens, and no knowledge of their class.... that's why the hate!
    That's usual LFR m8, at this time paid char boost to 90 has zero to do with massive L2P issues in LFR. Paid char boost has not been around anywhere long enough to impact on LFR. Your jumping the gun massively and pointing fingers.

Deleted
    At this point they should just admit that they dont know how to make leveling fun and just make raids/arenas/bgs to be entered via battle net launcher, because thats how the game seems to be rolling now. With every year the games become less MMORPG and more OPG.

I just did my last LFR runs ever. Assuming WoD gearing doesn't rely on them as much as MoP gearing does.

2 wipes on immerseus before I joined, group mentioned a huge bunch of boosted chars.
    Tho, the other tank was boosted but tanked like a beast.

met some new people through 5 mans, really nice and fun to play with.
    Most freshly boosted "bad" geared.

Really, really mixed feelings of the boost.

Most likely the "wave" of "bad" players due to the boost, ends once the peak of boosts goes down.
    Last edited by Ghostile; 2014-03-20 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Why do I sound like a retard? :(

While it's annoying that LFR isn't always a wipeless breeze you can get your easy Valor for anymore, the argument that LFR is supposed to be a place to learn the ropes is right. Some people are less than graceful when asking for tactics, if they even dare asking, but since Blizzard is not gonna teach them to get good at the game, other players have to, by telling them tacs, guide them to sites, etc.

because everybody said "it doesn't effect you so why do you care". but now i have to deal with 100,000 retards in my BGs, in my dungeons, and in my LFRs who can't be bothered to take 20 minutes and read icy-veins and hit a target dummy while they wait on their queues.

it does effect me, it makes everything more difficult for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    I boosted my pally to 90 and play as ret and have had zero issues pulling my weight in LFR. I spent sometime on timeless getting gear and learning some of the ins and outs of my class. Lastly i read up a quick guide and that with my knowledge from doing the fights on my ranged as able to do very well in LFR. However alot of people just go in with no idea what half their ability or passives do much less a priority system or if they are used to melee or ranged what the differences in a fight might be for them.
    thats great for you. you're in the minority of people who boosted a character.

I was going to write another one of my essays about how there's no incentives to do stuff and everyone's a casual bla bla; But I really can't be fucked to write out another 10 paragraph post whenever it will literally have zero effect on what Blizzard is doing, they have their goals set and it's clear to see what direction they're taking - I'm not going to be appeased that's for damn sure, never have I been so close to just completely stopping this game, i've stepped down from raiding and i'm just playing very casually at this point - If i'm not enjoying WoD at launch then i'm done, fuck WoW at this point, would rather be playing Runescape; No really, at least there I have fucking long term goals, I Beat WoW the second new content comes out, I don't consider re-clearing old content to be 'new' content. Nor do I consider pet battles to be enjoyable content. I don't mind grinding, but only if there's a reward at the end of the tunnel.