Page 20 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    for that amount, you can buy the whole game and give it to a friend... and use raf.
    You'll get more return of your money.
    From a pure "Time vs Money" standpoint, I highly doubt that, unless you work somewhere where the minimum wage is like 3 bucks an hour.

What i dont understand is why People buy a game, then Pay for skipping 90% of it
    Last edited by gazaa; 2014-02-19 at 07:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    How much is your time worth?

How long would it take you to level a character from 1 to 90? 8 hours? 12 hours? 20 hours? Considering that the minimum wage in Ontario is currently around $10.50 an hour, then less then 6 hours of "work" for a fresh, no effort 90 seems like a fairly decent alternative to efffectively wasting what is likely to be considerably more then 6 hours essentially repeating content I have already done multiple times to otherwise freshly ding a new character from 1 to 90.
    Speak about your salf dude! Most of people, like my salfe are NOT that active players, like you.

Deleted
    So I am guessing (considering previous pricing policies) that in Europe it will be 60 euros?Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by gazaa View Post
    What i dont underskabe is why People buy a game, then Pay for shipping 90% of it
    Understand I do not

From a pure "Time vs Money" standpoint, I highly doubt that, unless you work somewhere where the minimum wage is like 3 bucks an hour.
    What has the minimum wage to do with anything?
    RAF can provide you with multiple 90's in a short time period and also the other goodies which come with it.

Time vs money doesn't have to mean ínstant', right? If you look at it after a 3 month period, just see what you get for the money invested and compare.

Deleted
    MY problem with it, is the same as with those transmog helms, the are wow players who buy anything blizz puts out and they are being taken for a ride, it smacks of last gasp profiteering and just leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. The best companies put the customers first. Now people are just little cash cows to milk as much as possible. Granted you have to make a profit etc, but at least put the right spin on it. They want new players, younger the better I imagine, I dont know many kids with $60 to chuck about.

Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    Speak about your salf dude! Most of people, like my salfe are NOT that active players, like you.
    Not sure what you are trying to say here?
    You play less then me? Then leveling a fresh toon to 90 would take even LONGER i guess, which would make 60 bucks for a fresh 90 an even better deal.
    Also, I never claimed to be an overly "active" player. I play a few hours a night. I have a bunch of 90's because, well, thats what happens when you have played this game for 8 years. They just sort of add up without much effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if you do? Just suck it up and do it the long way? Typically, in subscription-based MMOs, everyone in-game is on a level playing field, You didn't have a fairly large time advantage, you weren't able to skip tedious leveling content etc etc, simply because you happened to earn more than someone else. I dislike it rather immensely, and I'm not even someone who'd ever use it, since I have 2 of each class at 90 anyway.

Ye ye stupid phone, trying to make every word danish

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's a terrible price. It's high enough to keep most people from buying it "just because" and will, hopefully, bring on people who know that a 1-time $60 fee, on top of your normal sub fee, is kinda pricey so the investment better be used wisely (or not at all).

I don't mind them selling this particular "boost" either. If it were gear or gold (something that can give you an out-right advantage) I'd complain, but if people want to pay a premium to skip 89 levels (or less depending on what they're boosting) to get to the gear-grind part of the game, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by gazaa View Post
    What i dont understand is why People buy a game, then Pay for skipping 90% of it
    It's probably geared more to players who already experienced the game. Most likely multiple times. The people who buy WoD already get a free 90. So there should be no issue there.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    What has the minimum wage to do with anything?
    RAF can provide you with multiple 90's in a short time period and also the other goodies which come with it.

Time vs money doesn't have to mean ínstant', right? If you look at it after a 3 month period, just see what you get for the money invested and compare.
    How fast can you get a character to 90 using RAF? If, under any circumstance, that amount of time ends up equaling out to longer then what it would take to simply earn the 60 bucks to instant level a 90, then can you really say you got more benefit from the money invested?

If it takes me 10 hours game time to get from 1 - 90 using RAF, but I could have made 60 bucks in 5 hours at work and just bought the character upgrade, have i really spent my Time as efficiently as i could? I could just pay the 60 bucks, and then spend those 10 hours i would otherwise have spent leveling doing something more productive and ended up with basicly a 5 hour net gain on Time Vs Money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    I don't think it's a terrible price. It's high enough to keep most people from buying it "just because" and will, hopefully, bring on people who know that a 1-time $60 fee, on top of your normal sub fee, is kinda pricey so the investment better be used wisely (or not at all).
    This doesn't make sense to me. Why would a company trying to profit purposely put a price point out of reach. If that was a goal then why not make it 200$.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    And if you do? Just suck it up and do it the long way? Typically, in subscription-based MMOs, everyone in-game is on a level playing field, You didn't have a fairly large time advantage, you weren't able to skip tedious leveling content etc etc, simply because you happened to earn more than someone else. I dislike it rather immensely, and I'm not even someone who'd ever use it, since I have 2 of each class at 90 anyway.
    Except, of course, that that "time advantage" is exactly what the Character Upgrade to 90 thing was created to address: Exactly how do you allow someone who started the game extremely late to catch up to people who have already been playing for a long time. It isnt exactly a friendly gameplay experience when you join your friend bob to play the game, only to find out that you now have to play for 2 months just to catch up to bob and play with him on the same playing field (only to realise that once you get there, bob is STILL going to be just that much farther ahead of you again). The Boost to 90 thing lets someone bridge some of that "time advantage".

Not having the boost to 90 / Heirlooms / RAF leveling boosts type things makes sense when everybody starts at the same starting line, and then proceeds to the goal at their own pace when the gun goes off. It makes less sense when new racers join the race and need a catch up mechanic to be compedative after the first racers have been around the track several times already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    This doesn't make sense to me. Why would a company trying to profit purposely put a price point out of reach. If that was a goal then why not make it 200$.
    Maybe they see it as a happy medium. It won't be completely unused, but it's out of reach of every Tom, Dick and Harry to boost every single on of their alts to 90 on a whim.

Perhaps they still have some semblance of morals, of putting gameplay before money.

Maybe they're putting it so high so their weekend specials will be used to a vastly greater extent.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would of been better if it was at 100$ imo

Quote Originally Posted by Charmanderp View Post
    The purpose of this thread is to help understand why some people are crying out about this (possible) number for the cost. I personally think it is a reasonable price for the amount of content that you are skipping.
    Skipping leveling, which few people give a crap about, is worth the price of a brand new game? In a game that already has a subscription cost, and all sorts of other micro transactions that should be free? The reason people are blowing up is because this game is outrageously expensive compared to nearly every other game on the market. They get away with it too, which makes it all the more infuriating, because so many people seem oblivious to how big of a ripoff all these costs are compared to other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except, of course, that that "time advantage" is exactly what the Character Upgrade to 90 thing was created to address: Exactly how do you allow someone who started the game extremely late to catch up to people who have already been playing for a long time. It isnt exactly a friendly gameplay experience when you join your friend bob to play the game, only to find out that you now have to play for 2 months just to catch up to bob and play with him on the same playing field (only to realise that once you get there, bob is STILL going to be just that much farther ahead of you again). The Boost to 90 thing lets someone bridge some of that "time advantage".

Not having the boost to 90 / Heirlooms / RAF leveling boosts type things makes sense when everybody starts at the same starting line, and then proceeds to the goal at their own pace when the gun goes off. It makes less sense when new racers join the race and need a catch up mechanic to be compedative after the first racers have been around the track several times already.
    They already have numerous catch-up mechanics at max level for that, such as LFR, Timeless Isle, Scenarios/Dungeons etc. It's not how it used to be, such as in TBC, where if you started late, you were basically screwed, since no top guild wanted to go back and carry people through SSC/TK to gear them up.

On another note, there's still such a thing as reward through effort, and a sense of satisfaction through perseverance. Color me crazy, but I have zero sense of satisfaction out of something I didn't put effort into, and I'm considerably less likely to continue to play it through the months/years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
    But whats next? Buying Achievements/Gear/professions. Whats the point of an MMO if you can buy your way to the finish.
    The point of an MMO is to get to the end-content

And if you guys are not dumb you will recognize that no one wants to level that many alts, if you don't want it you can buy it with a reasonable price.

This will get more life into endgame as more will have level 100 alts. Easy as that, but brains are dead mostly