Page 31 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I understand that. But you are acting as though the $60 boost will offer some unfair advantage when, in fact, the advantage is nullified by the 90 that comes with the expansion.

My point is, there is ZERO advantage to buying a lvl 90 character in a lvl 100 world. The only benefit is convenience of time saved having to drudge through 30+ hours of bullshit, antiquated content. But, you will all continue to run about throwing phrases like "unfair advantage" and "pay to win", and propagate panic for no reason other than some drama-centric need. So, I will leave you all to it. Oh, and if you are ever on Blade's Edge... look me up. I will be the Undead HOLY priest named Sixtybucks.

And that's it in a nutshell.

If we want to cross that line, let's throw in race change, faction change and server transfers as more pay to win then.

Race change. Some racial are better than others in certain PvE and PvP situations. Hence, I can pay to win.

Faction changes. We all know some servers have a horrible imbalance, or really bad progression on one faction. So I can now pay to win by faction changing to the side that has better progression. Hence, I've paid to win.

Server transfers are the same. Server I was on sucked for any sort of horde side progression. So I transferred to a server and a guild that has some progression. Hence, again I've just paid to win in their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    $60 bucks is the price of a brand new game - it's as simple as that

I do not think instantly leveling my bankalt to 90 provides me as much content as Skyrim, or GTAV, or any brand new-game at $60 today.

PS. we really don't need another thread about this subject.
    Except all those games are awful. Don't buy a level 90 if that's how you feel, period.

I on the other hand will finally have 1 of every class on both factions.
    Does this effect you? No.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a fair price, considering it's meant for the new xpac anyways. I spent hours and hours leveling all my toons to whatever the current max level was. If you want an instant (now) cap, or instant (WoD) level 90, then pony up your money. Stop whining, or play a different game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Eh, I put my .02 in quite a few pages ago

If anything, a pay 90 is the furthest thing away from P2W they've offered, as the game already gives you a way to acquire as many 90's as you like. Even store mounts and pets are far more exclusive and arguably 'unfair', since there's no possible way to acquire them through in-game means.

It's the result of a pathetic cycle of players always asking for leveling to become easier / more expedient over the course of years, to the point that it's considered not even worthwhile participating in. Ever acquiescing to such requests was the first mistake made by the devs, so at this point monetizing game avoidance seems more efficient than trying to make the content interesting again.

If the paid service takes off, I do wonder what it will do for future leveling content. Make it more time consuming, to push more folks to pay for the skip? Make it far more trivial (is this even possible?), so less dev time is spent on overall content?
    To suggest that a vanity object is more a P2W item than the purchase of 90 levels beggars belief.

Maybe Blizzard should consider making the leveling process more worth while than simply profit out of "poor" content that no one wants to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlathe View Post

If we want to cross that line, let's throw in race change, faction change and server transfers as more pay to win then.

Race change. Some racial are better than others in certain PvE and PvP situations. Hence, I can pay to win.

Faction changes. We all know some servers have a horrible imbalance, or really bad progression on one faction. So I can now pay to win by faction changing to the side that has better progression. Hence, I've paid to win.

Server transfers are the same. Server I was on sucked for any sort of horde side progression. So I transferred to a server and a guild that has some progression. Hence, again I've just paid to win in their eyes.
    It's the truth. Someone who went from being a Night elf druid on a low progression realm to being a Troll Druid on a fast progression realm just paid to win! I don't know about you mate, but I have to wonder about some of these people some days.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    $60 feels pretty expensive for a level 90. Think about what $60 could get you elsewhere? I don't disagree with the price, but I personally thought it'd be closer to $30 / $40 which would also make it more accessible.
    Look at it this way.

Virtually all the account service options are horrendously overpriced. Race Change for 25$, Server Transfer for 20$, It'd need to be more expensive than those because it could effectively replace both of them.

They're not accessable because the option to get them in game exists, and are basically just hooks for players who don't want to lose unobtainable stuff like FoS, Old transmog gear, etc.

I think it's crazy that someone wanna pay 60$ to not play the game... but you already have this option, it's just not in Blizzards hands.

Deleted

None of those things gives you an intended manufactured advantage.

It has to be expensive.

Something tells me if it was cheap, you'd hear more crying about how fresh level 90s are ruining dungeons/raids/blah blah blah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    It's the truth. Someone who went from being a Night elf druid on a low progression realm to being a Troll Druid on a fast progression realm just paid to win! I don't know about you mate, but I have to wonder about some of these people some days.
    Dude, pay to win isn't a literal expression word for word, it's a colloquialism informally invented by the internet and used to describe a dynamic common in games where there is often times no "win" or "lose".

It's basically paying to bypass content. Paying to not have to level your character. Paying to not have to grind epics. Paying to not have to farm gold.
    Last edited by Randec; 2014-02-19 at 10:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

For the it's not high enough people, You weren't going to use the service anyways. For the it's now enough people, it's the same as 2 faction changes.

I'll most likely use it the service once because I have 2 toons I'd like to play at "cap". I have 8 90s and started right before TBC released. I have seen all the content that WOW has to offer and don't care to see it again. Yes it is fun to level a new toon to about 30 but after that it's repeat and rinse all the way up to 90.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    To suggest that a vanity object is more a P2W item than the purchase of 90 levels beggars belief.

Maybe Blizzard should consider making the leveling process more worth while than simply profit out of "poor" content that no one wants to do.
    I say that because the vanity object, however unimportant, is 100% unattainable via in-game means. This isn't the case with a 90 at all.

And yes, I agree with your second sentiment completely.

None of those things gives you an intended manufactured advantage.
    Yes they do.

Faction change? Well, you should have to level all the way to max level on that faction, just like everyone else.

Race change. Same argument, level like everyone else of that race had to.

Server change? Same goddamn thing. Reroll on that server and level to max.

None of those are ant different at all. So if you don't like the 90 boost, you should be howling about all the other shit that's offered. There is no grey area or difference between any of them if you want to use your argument against this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I say that because the vanity object, however unimportant, is 100% unattainable via in-game means. This isn't the case with a 90 at all.

And yes, I agree with your second sentiment completely.
    I understood the point you were making, I just don't agree with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care about the price since I have no interest in the feature and won't be using it.

Deleted
    Yes they do.

Faction change? Well, you should have to level all the way to max level on that faction, just like everyone else.

Race change. Same argument, level like everyone else of that race had to.

Server change? Same goddamn thing. Reroll on that server and level to max.

None of those are ant different at all. So if you don't like the 90 boost, you should be howling about all the other shit that's offered. There is no grey area or difference between any of them if you want to use your argument against this.
    The advantages you state are not intentionally manufactured by Blizzard to give an advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    It's worrying how much some people on here treat WoW like a job
    That's what people want tho and i know its sad. People want the days where you had to max out 4 days to raid and "apply" ( lol ) for guilds. WoW's been a job since TBC. That's why i don't play anymore. The only sense of story and adventure i got was going back and twinkling my level 80 paladin, getting full BiS as well as most ACH's, Hes on a solo account with 14510 Ach points. Fun when it lasted.

Why do you think LFR is under attack on the here 247? Is not because its a wipe fest or Easy Afk loot its because you don't need to apply much effort. Everything in wow became about work and effort. Sorry its still just a game and the only thing your required to do in a game is have fun.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Deleted
    WoW might as well convert to F2P now. They've started to sell the same thing most F2P games sell.

Convenience.

Blizz is lucky to have such a large amount of devoted fans that defend the game and the subscription fee to death on the internet beyond reason.

Not bothered by the price at all, but then again I'm highly unlikely to use even the free one (might be if I need to create an alt to play with somebody on another server or something) as I still enjoy leveling, silly as that is..

Edit: I will add that I find it's silly that people are calling this pay to win. The game isn't about the leveling process, something Blizzard has made abundantly clear at every possible crossroad the last few years, simplifying and streamlining. I miss a lot of it but fact is it's a very very very long time since the leveling process was part of the main game itself (ie something to 'win' at). Now it's a means to an end and as such, you gain nothing substantial vs anybody else by buying a lvl 90 boost, you just get some more spare time to play at max level rather than level up. This late in the expansion you're also not talking about any kind of pve/pvp goal where you're at a finite measure of time /played before you have to stop so even in this regard you gain nothing substantial by this.

But again, personally I doubt I'll ever use it so sure, price it at 1200 for all I care.
    Last edited by Perryn; 2014-02-19 at 10:23 PM.

The advantages you state are not intentionally manufactured by Blizzard to give an advantage.

And giving you a boost to 90 isn't either. I don't know why you can't see that. Everyone has the same advantage. Same as a faction change, server change or race change. Hell, Blizzard has done one better and given you one free boost to 90!