Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Well come on, after 9 level 90's, wouldn't you take a break from it and use a boost? No one can claim I haven't put my fair share of time into the game.
    I am right there with you. I have 11 90's because I still can't decide what character I want to call my "main". I've even deleted a max-level (80) Mage and Hunter (85) to re-make them.

I'm sorry - I know I am pulling this off the topic of the article.

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    That's a damn long time to get to 80.
    I've taken that long to get a character to 80.

Mind you that's because I get bored and stop playing them for years at a time.

- - - Updated - - -

Well come on, after 9 level 90's, wouldn't you take a break from it and use a boost? No one can claim I haven't put my fair share of time into the game.
    9+1, because you get a free one in WoD :P

I personally have 21 toons and the free one will get me 22. Won't even have a use for the store 90s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

They nerfed the amount of xp required to level 70-80 by a fuckton in the 4.3 dragonsoul patch. and 60 to 70 long before that, not to mention he probably had no guildperks or heirlooms. Don't compare his experience to yours. We don't know when he leveled

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    And this is where I take issue with the service. Not the cost (which is exorbitant, but subjective), but rather the ability to not care enough to level.

Not to venture too far off-topic, that line about 100 hours to get to 80 made me question the integrity of the article. I mean, really?
    You have to realize you aren´t everyone. There are a lot of people who can´t see spending money on a vanity pet, or a mount, or anything else from the cash-shop. There are people who only want to pvp at endgame, only want to raid, or in my case, have leveled through almost every zone and have every class at 90. If I want to play on a different server, it is almost worth it to skip leveling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Thats due to repetition and should hardly be an argument for a first time leveler tbh.
    There is one good reason to allow it - someone joining the game to play with a friend would love to be able to play at the same level right away.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    That's a damn long time to get to 80.
    New player, early in Wrath, no heirlooms, no LFD...? 100 hours to 80 sounds pretty speedy for someone just fiddling around actually.

There is one good reason to allow it - someone joining the game to play with a friend would love to be able to play at the same level right away.
    so the mentality here is spend $40 for the battle chest with expansions up to MoP and then another $40 for the new expansion and the free spawn leveler jsut to play with a friend but make the first $40 rather meaningless?
    Last edited by quras; 2014-02-20 at 03:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is the song "Desperado"? Cuz I love that song.

OP, why don't you come to your sense. You been our ridin' fences for so long, now!
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    so the mentality here is spend $40 for the battle chest with expansions up to MoP and then another $40 for the new expansion and the free spawn leveler jsut to play with a friend but make the first $40 rather meaningless?
    You can go back and do old content it doesn't go away.

Is there a great deal of difference between getting boosted all the way through the content with a friend already at 90, or going back and clearing it yourself at 90?

Levelling 1-90 at any accelerated rate is going to be a less full experience than doing it the slow way; but people don't want to wait 2-3 weeks (conservative estimate) for their friends to get involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    New player, early in Wrath, no heirlooms, no LFD...? 100 hours to 80 sounds pretty speedy for someone just fiddling around actually.
    This really. 100 hours is between 4-5 days /played. Back in wrath people weren't really doing under 3 days without RAF bonus. For a FIRST CHARACTER that's completely reasonable and infact faster than most I imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

too bored to level them.
    Doing the same quests over and over and over again. Ugh. And dungeons level you at a freakin' crawl now (there's a dungeon crawl pun in there somewhere), even if you run them back-to-back with no queue time, the XP/time is just pathetic outside the first run where you get quest credit (at least from 85-90, earlier it's a bit better).
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Decent article. Presents decent thoughts from both sides.

The drama/whining about this feature is pretty silly. The people who can't justify it just shouldn't use it and it has very little impact on them. Whether you level from 1 or just do 90-100 it's more than adequate time to learn how to play a class. It's a good feature for some people, it's not a feature to be used by others. It's also good for the game because it helps new players to overcome the single largest hurdle in every single MMO since the first one: Leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    people don't know how spoiled they are by faster flight path speed and 15 minute hearthstones until they play without them again
    I've been leveling a guild by myself through an alt, I managed to get it to level 4 by myself before hitting 90, although my alt is a monk so the leveling process was made somewhat shorter with fewer quests needed because of Enlightenment buff. The rest of my characters are in a level 25 guild and the perks are very much missed. Extra xp, extra rep, faster mount speed, faster flight paths, 15 minute hearth etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Its a good article. I think it is a testament to the game that it can get an article in a national mainstream publication in a little over 24 hours.
    It's funny that the guy who wrote the article knew enough about WoW to get a lot of those things right. Most game articles are seriously terrible.