Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So in a world with so much death, why has no one been pregnant?

I know it sounds weird but work with me for a sec, has anyone in the history of warcraft seen someone pregnant? I just thought about it looking at the new char models and realized that aside from the undead(who have had a boom of population after Wrath) must be loosing population right? I mean the world isn't that big.

Two obvious ones, off the top of my head: Aggra is pregnant during the end of Cataclysm. There is a pregnant female tauren involved in the Horde quests in Krasarang Wilds.

Aggra was pregnant. Lots of characters have had kids too, like Rhonin and Dezco.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Two obvious ones, off the top of my head: Aggra is pregnant during the end of Cataclysm. There is a pregnant female tauren involved in the Horde quests in Krasarang Wilds.
    Leza? I completely forgot about her.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

Most of the new chars start near caves, so the obvious conclusion is that they are born from mushrooms underground.

As other mentions, there's that tauren who died to child-birth in Krasarang.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Cos everybody takes it up the bum instead.

Aggra and Leza Dawnchaser were pregnant yes, but of course they never had "pregnant" character models. If that's what the OP is after.

I think the simple explanation is that this is World of Warcraft, so it's mostly focused on war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Undead start out being saved from the bonfire.

There are a few, but most of them happen in novels/other lore rather than in the game. Vereesa was pregnant and gave birth in one of the novels (one of the War of the Ancients books, maybe?). Alleria and Turalyon also had a son (the NPC with blood elf model hanging out in Honor Hold), but I can't remember when that happened and if lore mentions anything about Alleria's pregnancy.

Oh, also, Moira Bronzebeard was pregnant in-game at some point, but she never had a model to show it. We "saved" her from the Dark Irons back in Classic WoW, then we saw nothing of her until Cataclysm, where she showed up and suddenly had a baby with her.

Aegwynn's pregnancy is briefly mentioned in Last Guardian. Medivh was still in the womb when Sargeras possessed him.

So yeah. It happens quite often in lore, just not so much in the actual game. Aggra is probably the best example I can think of in game, but even she didn't have a model to show it.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-02-20 at 03:10 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly I think they figure that it's not worth making a model specifically to denote pregnancy, especially given the fact that by the time it's showing most people would probably prefer not to be in the front lines of battle. The instances where it'd be handy are just few and far between enough that the work would be better spent elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Oh, also, Moira Bronzebeard was pregnant in-game at some point, but she never had a model to show it. We "saved" her from the Dark Irons back in Classic WoW, then we saw nothing of her until Cataclysm, where she showed up and suddenly had a baby with her.
    Given she was originally present when we killed Dagran Thaurissan, she must've been pregnant back when we first saw her.

Which means if you killed her first... yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Dunno about the other races, but gnomes bud...
    Last edited by medievalman1; 2014-02-24 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budding
    giggity!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budding
    i don't even know what to say about that...

but, it seems only horde characters are having new progeny?

does this mean the alliance will be dying off? (with a proportional increase in undead pop?*lol*)
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    i don't even know what to say about that...

but, it seems only horde characters are having new progeny?

does this mean the alliance will be dying off? (with a proportional increase in undead pop?*lol*)
    I mean just because story characters aren't making babies doesn't mean the rest of civilization is. As far as we know life in Stormwind, Ironforge and Darnassus (can Night Elves even reproduce?) is relatively stable.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, obviously we pal around with nameless orphans each year with children's week. Though, the blood elf and Draenei kids are named, and we slog them through the world each year. I say the kids we get in Orgrimmar and Stormwind are new orphans each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    but of course they never had "pregnant" character models. If that's what the OP is after.
    A pregnant model is kind of silly. Really, there's better use of art asset creation.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Preggercraft confirmed new expansion featuring Aggra and her new boo boo where we go forward in time with the delorean to fix her kids, but uncle mankrik steals the delorean and goes back in time to make a separate timeline where his wife isn't missing

Because women can do what they want with their bodies!