Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

So is vale of Eternal Blossoms gone for good?

So the new Vale of Eternal Sorrows area in Pandaria is very pretty and black and stuff, but I personally would appreciate an option to revert it to before 5.4, in the same way that you could talk to a Bronze Dragon to change Theramore to the way it was before it went boom.

As someone who wanted to do Klaxxi, but never did Golden Lotus until after 5.4, I can tell you it is awful. You only have a tiny area with 5 quests that will give you rep, so it is very slow. If you could change it to a phase so that you could see the original Vale, you could do the mountain of dailies that were there and get the reputation a lot faster.

What do you think?

Golden lotus rep is now easier than ever. You just kill mobs in the area all the way to exalted. You also have to option of killing Warbringers, Warscouts, and getting keys to chests for even more easy reputation gains

agreed with coldrain

I cant see blizz fixing the vale back up for rp reasons ever

You have to take it as red that the place will regrow in the future

As for golden lotus rep its insanely easy now every mob in the vale gives rep plus the droprate for keys aint bad also the keys are boa so if you have some floating around you can give them to your toon.

I would like to be able to return to pre-sha vale, but not for reputation. I got two alts to exalted while farming skyshards, just from relics. Shit's not hard.

Deleted
    Vale is but one akward sympthom of blizz not implementing their "phasing" everywhere where they should've.

Right now we have this akward leveling experience where you level in Vanilla and are led to believe that Vol'jin is the warchief.
    You go to Outland where suddenly Thrall is the warchief and recruits Garrosh.
    You go to Northrend where Garrosh is slowly rising to power yet back in post MoP-Vanilla you learned that Garrosh escaped back in time to create Iron Horde... okay... what is he doing in Northrend then?
    Now you get to Cataclysm and most of Mist of Pandaria where Garrosh is the warchief? Okay... so how is Vol'jin warchief again?
    And finally you reach Siege of Ogrimmar (or not since Blizz wants you to reach max level asap and WoD is looming on the horizon) and learn how we are fighting the corrupted Warchief witch would make you think it was Vol'jin since he got replaced by Garrosh by Thrall himself, untill you break your own immersion and realize that leveling is a huge timeline mess made by the developers.

Blizzard IMO really needs to make some phasing updates across all expansions in order for all of it to make sense.

Blizzard IMO really needs to make some phasing updates across all expansions in order for all of it to make sense.
    Or they dont. Who cares about this stuff. Their resources should be on moving the game forward constantly, not going back to 'fix' unnecessary stuff that doesnt need to be changed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Or they dont. Who cares about this stuff. Their resources should be on moving the game forward constantly, not going back to 'fix' unnecessary stuff that doesnt need to be changed.
    Who cares? Those who like a nice tidy clean continuation of lore across the game which doesnt require immersion breaking in order to understand it all. I really do get feeling that "Who cares" is slowly becoming a legitimate argument for everything. That's not a good feeling.

And dont give me that "cant waste resources" bullshit excuse Blizz is constantly throwing. We are not talking about something that would take away a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Speech500 View Post
    As someone who wanted to do Klaxxi, but never did Golden Lotus until after 5.4, I can tell you it is awful. You only have a tiny area with 5 quests that will give you rep, so it is very slow. If you could change it to a phase so that you could see the original Vale, you could do the mountain of dailies that were there and get the reputation a lot faster.

What do you think?
    I think you're out of your mind. The Golden Lotus daily quests are better NOW than when they were there on release; the fact was, prior to 5.4 patch the Golden Lotus rep grind was much worse than it is now thanks to how many of them you had to do and how little rep you actually got for doing them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speech500 View Post
    So the new Vale of Eternal Sorrows area in Pandaria is very pretty and black and stuff, but I personally would appreciate an option to revert it to before 5.4, in the same way that you could talk to a Bronze Dragon to change Theramore to the way it was before it went boom.

What do you think?
    I have enough relics in my bank on my mage to get the next 2 characters who ding 90 to have their first achievement be 'Golden Lotus'.
    That is what I think of it x.x

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Who cares? Those who like a nice tidy clean continuation of lore across the game which doesnt require immersion breaking in order to understand it all. I really do get feeling that "Who cares" is slowly becoming a legitimate argument for everything. That's not a good feeling.
    Agree with TyrianFC. Why care? It's a game, not a book or a movie. You progress through time as you progress through the game. It makes as much sense as knowing the Big Boss in the last raid is still alive, despite you having killed him already and doing it again week after week after week. When you are in Northrend, you play that part of the game's history and it doesn't matter that Garrosh is also in Outland, in Pandaria, in Orgrimmar and in some raid.

And dont give me that "cant waste resources" bullshit excuse Blizz is constantly throwing. We are not talking about something that would take away a raid.
    I present to you: Cataclysm. Revamping Classic WoW definitely takes away resources from endgame aka raids.

Agree with TyrianFC. Why care? It's a game, not a book or a movie. You progress through time as you progress through the game. It makes as much sense as knowing the Big Boss in the last raid is still alive, despite you having killed him already and doing it again week after week after week. When you are in Northrend, you play that part of the game's history and it doesn't matter that Garrosh is also in Outland, in Pandaria, in Orgrimmar and in some raid.
    Agree. It's a perfectly reasonable and acceptable thing to require a little suspension of disbelief, that as you progress through the game, you progress through time to the current endgame and events.

Only silly RP terrorists (as I like to call them) demand that this is something 'wrong' that needs to be 'fixed'. The good news is pretty much everyone, including Blizzard, thinks their nutcases in the head and shouldnt be taken seriously.

What does is change in Enternal Blossoms mean for people who never purchased MOP? Is it phased like Mt Hyjal when you complete a series of quests to reflect what happened? Or was it just a redone for everyone and if you didn't do that zone prior to 5.4 tough luck?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaniinchen View Post
    What does is change in Enternal Blossoms mean for people who never purchased MOP? Is it phased like Mt Hyjal when you complete a series of quests to reflect what happened? Or was it just a redone for everyone and if you didn't do that zone prior to 5.4 tough luck?
    I doubt you can even enter Pandaria without Mists of Pandaria on your account.

Edit: I've never played MoP until 6 months after 5.4 deployed. I've only seen how Vale of Eternal Blossoms got "destroyed" through the cinematic trailer for 5.4.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you got the quest from Lorewalker Cho at the end of SoO, that ties up loose ends for the Pandaria story-the Vale will eventually heal and the Sha will disappear permanently. It can grow once more into those beautiful autumnal trees that were once found throughout the land.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    With that logic we might as well call the game "We fight because loot and reasons"

I present to you: Cataclysm. Revamping Classic WoW definitely takes away resources from endgame aka raids.
    Really?

REALLY?

Making few NPC phased is equal to expansion feature for you? REALLY?

- - - Updated - - -

Only silly RP terrorists (as I like to call them) demand that this is something 'wrong' that needs to be 'fixed'. The good news is pretty much everyone, including Blizzard, thinks their nutcases in the head and shouldnt be taken seriously.
    I would like to call you a text book definition of a jarhead. Why dont you go fight someone because reasons.
    While you are on it. Those silly RP terrorist sure get recoginition like the red-shirt guy. How ironic.
    Last edited by mmocac96309fe0; 2014-02-20 at 01:49 PM.

With that logic we might as well call the game "We fight because loot and reasons"

Really?

REALLY?

Making few NPC phased is equal to expansion feature for you? REALLY?
    It's much more than a few, it's completely rewriting a large number of quests, re-recording VA work, and where do you draw the line? Are you going to update All references to Garrosh to be current time, and then have quests where Warchief Vol'jin is sending forces to combat Deathwing during the Cataclysm? Are you going to update ALL quests to resolve time-skip issues? How are you going to fix a zone like Twilight Highlands with a change of quest dialogue?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares about this stuff.
    Lots of people do.

Go kill Warbringers and Warscouts, I'm pretty sure they still drop Insignias.

Besides, there theory has always been that the game exists on multiple timelines.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.