Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Average Rating on your first arena season?

Is earning duelist (Just barely) in your first arena season good?
    I finished off at 2035 playing a holy pally on US-DARKSPEAR(Horde)
    I didn't have any reliable teammates until the final month of the season which is were I mostly gained my rating.
    I have heard vangaurds got glad on his first season and my friend jalopy is getting his on Tuesday.
    Would it be normal to be sub 2050 in my first arena season or do most people achieve higher on their first season?

Naturally most people get a lot lower since the titles are % based of the population and likely a large amount of first timers aren't near glad ranks.

You're going to have to be more specific to who you're comparing to, basically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Naturally most people get a lot lower since the titles are % based of the population and likely a large amount of first timers aren't near glad ranks.

You're going to have to be more specific to who you're comparing to, basically.
    I am comparing to everyone on their first serious arena season if that helps at all.
    Thanks for the insight

10+ Year Old Account
    1600 back at the start of wrath. The only season I ever play. Two few people makes it boring PvP.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2014-02-20 at 04:50 AM.
    Aye mate

2400, after that i built my network of gladiator friends and never lost gladiator again.

It's not normal, no.. Usually in the first season you are as fresh as can be, unspoiled by class imbalance stigmata, driven by enthusiasm older players lack. As a Holy Paladin on his/her first season, anything below 2.2k is poor play.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

10+ Year Old Account
    a little over 1900 at S3 and hated every game. And all of that because our WL´s were to stupid to tank Illidan in Demon Phase, so got rating, bis pvp gear and taked him myself.

As always; if you want to get things done proper, do it youself ~~

Deleted
    I had been PvPing for quite a while when TBC launched, I knew what I was doing and I got duelist on a few characters the first season. Got it in season 2 as well. After that it was rival for me.

Was 1915 at the end of Season 13 on my Retribution Paladin paired with an Arms Warrior. Season 14 I just gave up due to no regular friends to play with and Retribution generally being horseshit. Ended on 1475 after just casualling my way through cap after eventually even not bothering with that.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    It's not normal, no.. Usually in the first season you are as fresh as can be, unspoiled by class imbalance stigmata, driven by enthusiasm older players lack. As a Holy Paladin on his/her first season, anything below 2.2k is poor play.
    2.2k is near glad and I had no networks
    I'm better than 97% pvpers
    B-)

10+ Year Old Account
    For your first season that is very good. While its lower end duelist, its still commendable for being new.

I started this game and pvp in season 5 on my Warrior. Made it to 1750ish and got challenger. Season 6 and 7 I got duelist on my Warrior and in season 8 I finished duelist on my DK. Ever since then, I've never played any serious arena again.

Personally I think that titles today have more value than they did then because the game was a lot slower then and more RPish. I was never a really good player, I just had a good personality that superior players were okay with carrying me. Plus, I played the two easiest classes in the game that have the least amount of responsibility/awareness required to be efficient at. If I played any other class, the highest I'd probably get is mid tier Rival.

1750 in season 6 as feral. I clicked, keyboard turned, backpeddled and was proud of my challenger title.

Those were the days.

1900 in everything but 5's couldn't be arsed to deal with queues.

First time I played 3s was in S9 as a Frost DK. Hit 2400 and later 2600 when the big DK buffs came in. Haven't played as seriously since, but plan on going after glad in S15 since SoO's on farm and I've not got a whole lot to do in game otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadingding View Post
    2.2k is near glad and I had no networks
    I'm better than 97% pvpers
    B-)
    So basically you were just looking for validation. Don't get too big of a head; you got duelist only because the rating requirements were especially low this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    ^Hi I'm either a troll or a liar. Less than .5% of the wow population reaches 2200. Do you just love misery?

Edit: The OP is equally as sad. This is the equivalent of running around to your high school baseball team and being like, hey is it normal to be drafted into the MLB at 9?
    Last edited by Pwellzor; 2014-02-22 at 08:34 AM.

My first season was in WOTLK. The highest I got was 1834 in 3s, 1750 in 2s.

In Cata I was getting 1950-2k every season. While everyone says that sucks, I don't feel ashamed of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    My first season was in WOTLK. The highest I got was 1834 in 3s, 1750 in 2s.

In Cata I was getting 1950-2k every season. While everyone says that sucks, I don't feel ashamed of it.
    It doesn't suck. Every time someone starts one of these threads, fucking everyone claims to be 2200+. Its pathetic on every side and people just llllove to feel impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    It doesn't suck. Every time someone starts one of these threads, fucking everyone claims to be 2200+. Its pathetic on every side and people just llllove to feel impressive.
    So true on all Wow forums.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    did pvp at the start of wotlk in season 5. didnt do areans until season 7, as a rogue. got 1750 but couldnt get that 1800 for weapons

best ever was season 10 as a disc priest got 2k. havnt taken pvp seriously since.
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2014-02-23 at 04:09 AM.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.