Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    2180 in 3's with 2300 MMR games (won); Tanked a bit and didn't requeue as I got 2200 in 5's soon after.

2220 in 5's and it was a huge disappointment.

It's not terrible but I know I could have done better. Going to put my all into next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    First season I properly played was the second one in MoP, got to 1.9k rating in 3's I think it was and about the same in 2's, but the guy we were playing with put our mmr to over 2.1k so I'd like to say that ;D We didn't finish the season though as I quit before it finished. We won a few at 2-2.1k which I was pretty happy with. It's a shame really, because I've always loved doing PvP on the side and would love to have someone to arena with every week to give me something to do. Only thing stopping me is the complete garbage of a state the game is in, that's why I stopped in the first place.

I remember missing gladiator by like 10 points back in season 1, although I don't remember what rating it was now.

Deleted
    1,9k this season in 3s by just spamming triple dps for the mount with randoms and tunneling the healer XD

I always jumped classes since I got bored quickly of most ones. But in MoP I fell in love with monk. got my first 1750 ever on him in s12. Was so happy! Now I'm 2,3k in 2s.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    1,9k this season in 3s by just spamming triple dps for the mount with randoms and tunneling the healer XD

I always jumped classes since I got bored quickly of most ones. But in MoP I fell in love with monk. got my first 1750 ever on him in s12. Was so happy! Now I'm 2,3k in 2s.
    Monks in 2s are unreal!

15+ Year Old Account
    I got like 1900 my first season, never really enjoyed arena though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Started playing very late wrath and just dabbled in a bunch of things but really started in cata. I leveled an enh sham up. Looking back on it, it was probably one of the worst things i could have played in cata. Managed to get 1900 my first time pushing anything in arena.

Deleted
    1985 first season in 3s. before that, only played 2s with rl-mates at about 1,600.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're over 2k rating, that shows that you know your class well enough. Now if you said you were struggling at 1500 rating, i'd suggest learning your class better, but if you're making it past 2k rating, consider it progression. Next season push for 2.1k, then the next push for 2.2k and so forth. Just thinking about my personal progression just makes me mad because I think back about how I wasn't able to get 1800 weapons in s1 or s2, but after enough practice, I got 1800 rating in s3 and got my weapons. Every season after that, I got 2.2k+ rating. I never did get gladiator, but what motivated me was the progression of my skill. Rating requirement is why I got as good as I did, if there were no rewards for working hard and getting better, i probably wouldn't have even gotten into arena.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I dont know if i missundertsood this thread or wtf?

Its about what rating ppl got in their first played arena season?

So OP reached 2k+ in his first season and all who answered so far did basicly 1800-2.4k in first season :O

When i first stepped into arenas when rating was required on gear i managed like 1600...

Also everyone claims "lol i never played arena serious cause cba, just for fun n shit so i got stuck at 2k lol"

Ok, its also because i played a lot PVE and did arenas just for fun next to raids..but still.

1400 or so. The next season I did much better (1950 or so) and then I got SMourne so nothing after that counted.

Also, a lot of filthy fucking liars here lol.

Getting duelist your first season is actually very good. Keep practicing and gladiator is right around the corner.

Deleted
    like 1000 in wrath, played double resto druid lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fadingding View Post
    2.2k is near glad and I had no networks
    I'm better than 97% pvpers
    B-)
    So you just came here to get some pats on the back?

On topic, though, how good your rating is depends on the season in which it was earned. For example, I hit something like 2150 back in season 7 (note: not my first season. I've played since S1, where my highest rating was 1777 as frost mage/fire mage). However, I know that if I was playing at that same level today, that would probably be around 1750. I know people who were 2500ish in season 9 who can barely break 2k now.