Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It is if you define reaching max level as a major stepping stone towards the final goal in the game.
    I don't and in any case 90 is not max level in WoD when levelling becomes relevant again.

I feel like some people are trying to weasel their way into calling this optional purchase (which is free with every WoD key) P2W just so they can have the joy of QQing about it. Get. A. Life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    ... having many alts will be an elitist thing, causing rifts in the community....
    can you explain why having many alts is an elitist thing? I got 10 chars to max and the 11th at 86 and I am playing totally casual and even had a break for 2 months? all without this new service...

People calling this P2W seem to not be familiar with the dreadful thing "P2W" actually is, reaching max lvl for a fee is pretty much "Congratulations, you've purchased your way through the tutorial, now enjoy being bashed on for being a p2w noob" on the extreme side ofc. However if they do let people skip ahead in the current expansions like 1-3 weeks into WoD then I could see this becoming an issue for people and I'm pretty sure blizz wouldn't do that now would they?

P2W in it's true form at this stage would be, during MoP, earn yourself a lvl 100 with the first all purple WoD raiding gear with weapons and such. You then paid, to get an unfair advantage over everyone else that only players with money to spend can achieve, whilst getting max lvl at this stage really isn't. It's more of "Pay to catch up" so you can prepare for WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    It affects me because my friends who were thinking about coming back for this think it's too expensive, too. Thanks for making a new thread about this.
    Your friends will get a free lvl90 boost when they purchase WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

high price = only rich ppl will afford, making it a class issue, having many alts will be an elitist thing ,causing rifts in the community.
    Except that you can already, and a lot of people do have a massive number of alts already. The ability to buy a lvl90 char when the max level is 100 wont change anything.

Deleted
    Who cares? Every person who mattered in WoW have all jumped ship. Only casuals and fanboys left, they're just adapting the game to the audience.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Who cares? Every person who mattered in WoW have all jumped ship. Only casuals and fanboys left, they're just adapting the game to the audience.
    More casuals than ever, the hardcore fanbase is still there due to lack of anywhere better to go if nothing else, yeah I'd say both groups of key people are still there.

Deleted
    Its p2w. The price doesnt matter.
    P2W is always bad. Wow is doomed to fail now that it is fully p2w.
    Buying 90 is not pay to win, in fact there is ZERO authorized pay to win service's in wow. You and every other "pay to win" parrot seriously need to book an appointment with a proctologist for a cranium removal procedure.

It affects me because now there's going to be a bunch of people playing at 90 who have no idea how to play. It affects me because they made it too expensive for me to enjoy. It affects me because my friends who were thinking about coming back for this think it's too expensive, too. Thanks for making a new thread about this. You have SO MUCH to contribute.
    you realize that this is the case already ? A day never goes by where I dont see a character that is being played / Gemmed / Enchanted so badly it makes me wonder if they have ever played the class at all.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    More casuals than ever, the hardcore fanbase is still there due to lack of anywhere better to go if nothing else, yeah I'd say both groups of key people are still there.
    So very true there is pretty much bugger all for the HC crowd, in terms of end game Rift might have not got that far, Aion who knows never played it, GW2 has SFA for those who are used to the EQ/WoW end game style.. SWToR I think does but who knows same with LoTRO and as for TESO well that remains to be seen..

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It is if you define reaching max level as a major stepping stone towards the final goal in the game.
    Sure, and up is down if you define standing on your head as normal.

Deleted
    It affects me because now there's going to be a bunch of people playing at 90 who have no idea how to play.

And how is that different from now?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are lots of threads about this with lots of opinions both good and bad, pro and con, thoughtful and not-so-much. The main point is there are lots of threads about this so I'll be closing this one. Post in one of the others and thanks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."