Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb What are your expectations for the Night Elf models?

I expect that the Night Elf model will no longer have the blindfold face with shark teeth on their face anymore, I hope.
    What do you expect?

Fix it like this

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect the men to look more like illidan and malfurioun. A amazon look to them.

the women, I hope and pray they keep that toned, athelete's body that they have. I thought tyrande and yesera all looked to.. full. They I assume though will be as pretty as the most famous image of tyrande that's been around since vanilla wow.

However, being able to use the blindfold and having it cover the eyes would mean I could stop running TBC every week.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Like all of the rest of the models, they will essentially be the same shape and style, just more polygons and more realistic facial expressions.

Seriously, blizzard has said this is what they are doing with all of the models (and they have stayed true to that). I don't know why people keep expecting anything other than that.

The two things i hope for is that NE men lose that "Sat down on a broomstick and now it's stuck"-walk of theirs, and that the women lose that "hop in place" idle-animation, hard to reconcile "Warrior-like protectors of nature" with "Hopping in place like a bored child"...

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the males look like Malfurion or the WoE Illidan I'll be happy...the females well Tyrande wasn't bad she looked good but I am hoping blizz goes the extra mile.

While I know that they are trying to keep the models close to the old ones, I really, really hope they change the Night Elf male casting animations. They just look like they're having a major headache every time they cast a spell.
    3DS Friend Code: 0104-0340-7272 ; IGN in Pokemon X: Spa
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Stratholme was harboring Malganis Bin Dreadlord and had hidden weapons of Mass Scourgification.
    The Culling was a justified war.
    Andorhal/25 Never Forget

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I know they won't change it... I really wish they'd consider getting rid of those god awful /cheer /clap animations for female Night Elves in the new models D:

10+ Year Old Account
    i expect them to be higher polygons and better res textures. i expect them to remain true to the feel and style.

i hope they still do their flips
    Hi

You can forget the removal of shark teeth, that's gonna stay for both male and female seeing as how that's part of the lore. I believe Nelf Males require a lot more work than females but really can't wait to see both of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Alundra View Post
    Even though I know they won't change it... I really wish they'd consider getting rid of those god awful /cheer /clap animations for female Night Elves in the new models D:
    I thought dance, wave and other frequently used emotes were getting new animations? I might be wrong about that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    You can forget the removal of shark teeth, that's gonna stay for both male and female seeing as how that's part of the lore. I believe Nelf Males require a lot more work than females but really can't wait to see both of them!
    I SAID.. Sharkteeths ON their face /hence photoshopped model above.
    Who want texture of teeth on their face. They should be inside the mouth. They are not Orcs.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    High heels that you can't remove for the females.
    All the emotes consist of "Hush, Tyrande".

I just hope they accentuate the "Amazon" qualities for the females, sticking with the "warrior" concepts used for both the orc and human, and away from the "derpy cheerleader" tendencies of the female NE.

I would do anything to have that "bounce in place" idle animation go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I just hope they accentuate the "Amazon" qualities for the females, sticking with the "warrior" concepts used for both the orc and human, and away from the "derpy cheerleader" tendencies of the female NE.

I would do anything to have that "bounce in place" idle animation go away.
    Blargh. I agree completely. I wish the NE female was a bit more serious. The bounce is so dumb.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Blargh. I agree completely. I wish the NE female was a bit more serious. The bounce is so dumb.
    I've just never understood it. Gnomes, sure. Humans, sure. They're both really "fun" "cute" "energetic" races. Night Elves are fierce warriors with a society that values their females as priestesses or sentinels- fighters and leaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect one face for each sex. Beyond that I'm not getting my hopes up. I'd like for them to be more fierce and less pretty-barbie-princess, but I don't expect it. They're my favorite race by far and I don't care to be let down.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Definitely. It seems so out of place for the night elves. At least when you consider Warcraft 3. It appears WoW's night elves have become a bit softer.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want to change the color of my eyes and face marks no matter the color of my hair. Give me more customization, not updated faces I can't even do anything with.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I've just never understood it. Gnomes, sure. Humans, sure. They're both really "fun" "cute" "energetic" races. Night Elves are fierce warriors with a society that values their females as priestesses or sentinels- fighters and leaders.
    They're obviously trying to keep the blood flowing and for a split second there they seem to enjoy it.

You'd deny them of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Definitely. It seems so out of place for the night elves. At least when you consider Warcraft 3. It appears WoW's night elves have become a bit softer.
    This was the race that had a three way war with the undead, humans, and Orcs all at the same time because they were on their damn property.

Now with the grace of Tyrande herself, Aszhara (spl? Place with Bilgewater port) - a de jure area of the Night Elves for thousands of years are now being given to the Horde of all people. I know this isn't a thread about lore but it just seems to be bad writing for these guys and are just used to reinforce the Horde and their epeen now.
    Last edited by Conspicuous Cultist; 2014-02-20 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    They're obviously trying to keep the blood flowing and for a split second there they seem to enjoy it.

You'd deny them of that?
    Yes. Yes I would. I graduated valedictorian of Buzzkill U.