Page 1 of 169
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mafia 37: It's a kind of magic

IF YOU ARE NOT PLAYING, DO NOT POST HERE. THANK YOU!

Background

I shamelessly copied this from keleb's game. [Lysah]

The town of Vanilla is once again plagued with a mafia infestation. You'd think they'd hire a better police force. But since they're busy, we'll check out our favorite sister town, Strawberry. Oh no! Looks like they're infested too! Let's watch this play out and see if Strawberry can out the scum and save the day. [Worg]

General

You are free to discuss whatever you want, claim whatever you want, and draw whatever conclusions you want. Just remember that anything can be faked. Once you are dead, you may only post in the thread for dead players, so do not continue to post in your faction's thread if you were in one. Also, please keep communication with alive players to a minimum so you do not give anybody an unfair advantage. If you post as a dead player in this thread, your post(s) will be deleted.
    Editing of posts after 10 minutes is forbidden.
    Editing votes is forbidden.
    Deleting posts is forbidden.
    Quoting/Screenshotting/using anything provided by moderators in a PM/QT as evidence is forbidden, this includes but is not limited to providing a link to your forum.
    PMing other players in the game about the game is forbidden.
    With the revelation of a players death, the role card (slightly modified) of that player will be revealed.

Questions

If you have a question, you can always ask in the game thread. This will be considered to be part of the game and it will be up to the other players if they wish to reply or not. A mod will only reply if the question matters to all (i.e. mod has forgotten to write a deadline in the morning post). If it is the mod you're asking, the chance of getting a reply to a "personal" question in the game thread is low. Better send a PM with your question to BOTH mods.

The phases

Day
    Unless stated otherwise in your PM, everyone has one vote per day to use to decide who to lynch. You can always change your vote, or even have no current vote. Once a player has gotten a majority (more than half) of the votes, they are immediately lynched and may no longer post in the thread - if you have information you need to make public, make sure you say it before you get that last vote. The day will go on until someone reaches the required number of votes for a lynch or the town decides to no-lynch.

Put your decision in Bold Letters and on its own line (ex: UNVOTE VOTE XXXXXXX)
    To vote for someone, use "VOTE: [Player]"
    To remove your vote, use "UNVOTE"
    To change your vote, use "UNVOTE VOTE: [OtherPlayer]" to cancel your previous vote and change the vote to lynch [OtherPlayer]
    To vote for a no-lynch, use VOTE: NO-LYNCH
    A vote that is not bolded or on its own line will not count. Both the word "vote" and the player name need to be bolded.
    You do not need to unvote in this game for your next vote to count. I will accept whatever your most current vote is.
    To peg someone as a suspicious candidate that you would potentially vote for, without actually voting, use the Finger of Suspicion; FoS: Krayzy
    The day phase lasts a maximum of 48 hours. (2 days)

Night
    Everyone with a night action may post their action in their designated place. No players are allowed to discuss anything in the game thread (this thread) at
    this time (it's night, you're asleep!) for any reason. If a bump is wanted, mod will ask for it from someone who isn't playing. Action WILL be taken.
    The Night Phase will last a maximum of 24 hours.

Players

Alive(5):

Kel
    Largehorn
    Robozerim
    Uggorthaholy
    Virothe

Dead(25):

Listo - Day 1 - Traitor
    Silkku - Night 1 - Conformist VT
    Omerto - Day 2 - Godfather
    No one - Night 2 - Nothing
    Thedead241 - Day 3 - Traitor
    Pistolpink - Day 3 - Traitor
    Lora - Night 3 - Lookout
    Beeeeeeeeeesly - Night 3 - Paranoid Townie
    Greeney - Night 3 - Coercer
    Elvinia - Day 4 - Watcher
    Celtic209 - Night 4 - Spiritual Leader
    Phoenix3 - Night 4 - Vengeful Townie
    Keleb - Night 4 - Conformist

No one - Day 5 - Nothing
    Waker - Night 5 - Paranoid Townie
    Anakso - Night 5 - Spiritual Leader
    Dyra - Night 5 - Traitor

Bombercloner - Day 6 - Traitor
    Krayzy - Night 6 - PGO
    Cruelle - Night 6 - JK
    Rollo - Night 6 - Doctor

Tuxedospoon - Day 7 - Bus Driver
    Arlee - Night 7 - Doc
    Falbacca - Day 8 - Ninja
    Xanjori - Night 8 - Ghost
    Catta - Day 9 - Monk
    Food Blox - Night 9 - Lamb
    No one - Day 10 - Nothing
    Largehorn - Night 10 - Lamb

It is now day but there's a catch! Due to an unforeseen invasion of the mole people, communications are down and everyone can only post one time with their votes. Deadline is in 24 hours! (6:30pm central in the US. If someone can convert me some UTC times, I'll throw those in too.) 30 alive, 16 to lynch.

Last thing, if you don't have your role pm, patience, we're still getting them out(or I am anyways)
    Last edited by Loaf; 2014-03-15 at 01:10 AM.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

First! Yeah!

Vote Worgenite

10+ Year Old Account
    Vote: Robozerim

Got to keep a thing going! Also he is insane and could try to feed us people cupcakes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, if any of you have noticed, Deca is crossed out. I got lazy and didn't want to renumber everyone yet so I did that. He decided to cancel playing at the last minute though :\

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vote:Tuxedospoon

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    All role pm's are now out! If you haven't received one, pm both Lysah and I and we'll figure out why!

Deleted
    Wow, amazing, our moderator already broke the rule of the day. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
    I hate this day rule. Like, a lot. I ain't taking no risks.

PS: Fluff, fluff, fluff, fluff.

Vote No-Lynch

10+ Year Old Account
    just went to rng - got #15:

Vote: Largehorn

10+ Year Old Account
    Listo makes me sad. Do you really think I'd be a sociopath two games in a row?

Oh the indecision of voting for somebody when I can't change my mind later. : /

vote PistolPink

As demonstrated last game, PistolPink is a very innocent individual. Innocence has no place in this world of murder and betrayal, it'd be best to provide a merciful death so that they do not suffer from the events that are about to ensue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought people were only able to post a vote on day one....I am confused. We aren't even supposed to be able to give a reason (at least that is usually how this rule works).

Since he broke the rule first.

Vote: Listo

Vote: Waker

Even when he's town, he never really plays for town.

​The evil wolf must die.

Geez! Give me a fresh chance at the start of the game.

We are able to post more than the vote, at least the PM I got from the mod said so (below my role, I hope it's the same for everyone).

I think it's better to give a vote right now so I don't miss the day. Out of the current votes, I could agree to at least Listo and Pistol lynches. I don't really want to lynch the other persons that have votes on them on day 1.

Therefore...

Last edited by Waker; 2014-02-22 at 01:34 AM.

So did I miss what killed Deca? Wait there it is nevermind.

Vote: Robozerim

Because Virothe didn't and that screams that they are totally in cahoots!

10+ Year Old Account
    - magic, magic, MAGIC!

I'm sensing a great many Queen references are coming....

I would love to vote Krayzy as he obviously hasn't read his PM closely enough, but I'm going with he skimmed it and immediately moved on to his QT thread. Or closed it too quickly upon realising there was no QT thread to be heading too.

Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Listo makes me sad. Do you really think I'd be a sociopath two games in a row?.
    Two games in a row? According to the no. of games played list you're at 24 (I should really go back and fix that....) and steadily rising.

Since votes have already been cast, as the minority lynch rule is back, someone is going to be lynched today. Unless ofc many people vote no-lynch. But I'm out now for most of the rest of the day.

Vote falbacca

RNG is fun yes?

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Voting for a no-lynch on Day 1 deprives the town of possible info if it wins. Based on that,

Vote PistolPink

for trying to scuttle the only really important tool we have for learning anything today (other than voting records, that is). Regardless of whether the rule is bizarre (which I think it is), the fact of the matter is that due to the existence of the rule, the only way we're getting concrete info is via lynch.

so far:
    I like this phoenix3 guy... Hey boo you single? let me get does digits.

Pistol pink is voting for a no-lynch, I seriously have no idea what to make of this. To be honest this reads actually as more of a town/3rdparty action from pistol than it would be for him as scum. i my book more likely 3rd party action from pistol. and in my book I kind of like keeping SKs alive for a bit to make the mafia nervous. So now I'm very oddly less inclined to vote pistol pink. ( inc grand scum play from pistol)

Blood fox. his feet really hurt.

Lora is voting on I believe a new person... *flicks nose* under spoken rule here tends to be give new people at lest two days before you lynch them ( except for the case of no show or major slip).

Robo: claims to be voting on pistol for another reason. I want to scream bullshit so hard here but he posted so close to pistol pink there a good possibility that I cannot call bullshit on him for a fake reason. Too sly you mechanical wanna be... too sly.

so at the time of this posting there are 12/30 votes placed. Typically after hal the votes are in the rest of the votes fall onto one of the vote trains. we have 3 so far, and I'm seeing a defense of robo from walker.

vote:walker
    sorry hunny, I have theories that involve knifes and your throat I need to test.

Vote Thedead241

It was hard to get any read on him in the previous game, so a possible anti-town role makes him a tough scum to deal with.

One dream,
    one soul,
    one prize,
    One goal,
    one golden glance of what should be,
    It's a kind of magic

.... And I said I was going to vote uggor D1 so that's what ima gonna do

Vote Uggor