Poll: Scenarios

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally like 5-mans as a gearing option with rewards, but prefer Scenario's as a good way of showing story-line like they did with the Isle of Thunder, Dark Heart of Pandaria, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scenarios could be a lot more creative, feature different sizes of groups, etc. We don't have any idea how long they take to design and implement other than Blizzard saying they are much easier and less intensive to do than dungeons so I can't say if they're worth the effort or not. If someone has an idea in the morning for one and has most of the artwork collected, story and scripting complete a few days later, sure. I don't mind scenarios but I don't believe that Blizzard did a very good job of implementing the design flexibility that they talked about pre-expansion. They're all a bit too much cut out of the same cloth.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    I found them utterly pointless that I only did just because they were there on launch. By the time heroic scenario's were launched I massively outgeared them and couldn't justify spending 10 minutes to get 3 people who cared about valor enough at that point to do them to spend 3 minutes clearing them.

The worst part about them is the fact that their development is a direct reason why no new dungeons were created through this expansion. They may take less time and effort to do but really how many people bother with them. Theres no real boss mechanics, the mobs are way too weak. Completely soloable. Fucking travesty. I could solo the heroic dungeons on a disc/shadow priest these days simply because they weren't designed for 575 ilvls. If they just released new dungeons with higher ilvls, new and tougher bosses with new mechanics, I'd still be doing those instead.

I survived TBC, Wrath and Cata expansions because they added new dungeons perioidically which gave me new content to look forward to, even if it wasn't a raid patch. I cancelled in MoP because outside of raiding, I had not a single thing to do but run the same things I'd be running for 18 months.

Also that turned into more of a rage post than I planned but no, waste of time. Get rid of them =P
    Last edited by Malania; 2014-02-24 at 12:36 AM.

I just cant stand them and the idea behind it. Random bag at the end. As bad as lfr rng gearing.
    Even if the ratio 5secenrios=1 dungeon it would be way better to have the one dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel that scenarios have been a wasted potential so far.

They should be what they were billed to be at their conception - a replacement to interesting 5-man group quests, telling an interesting story, exploring the lore.

At the moment, they're not. In the slightest. How the fuck is defending a big cauldron of brew from random pirate Hozen trying to ook you in the dook "interesting"? What the actual fuck.

There are so many interesting stories to tell!

Also, I don't believe they should be the fastest way to gain valor. What happened to being rewarded more for more difficult content?

How is going into a "Heroic" Scenario with 2 other dps and facerolling everything worth more valor/hour than a heroic raid? Or a heroic dungeon, which actually requires you to use a tank, a healer and 3 dps?

I dunno. They seem to be missing the point entirely. Just full of pointless scripted events. None of the scenarios so far have been even slightly memorable to me.

LITERALLY the only reason I ever bother doing them is because they're such quick Valor, and therefore enable alts to complete "A Test of Valor" at a faster rate. Literally the only reason.

I didnt mind single player scenario's used in quest chains, but as endgame content they are awful.

until blizzard finds a way to make content relevant to the leveling process, and continue to remain relevant, its a waste of development time.

how many of these scenarios only served to keep people distracted til the next patch and scenario(s) came out ?

wouldn't it have been better if these scenarios were incorporated into the 85-90 leveling experience so future players had additional avenues to experience than the annoying as @!#$ dungeons ?