Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Mildly entertained by the people acting like the few hundred stats matter. You all do realize that there was a group of 3 people that 3 manned gold in each cmode?

As long as the gear is 463 and the proper primary stat for your spec, gear doesn't matter in cmodes.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    Proof or ... , how many hardcore pvpers have heroic end boss kills, how many hardcore pvers have 2200 arena ratings?

At any rate, would a pvp team accept someone with full pve gear onto their team and not a single piece of pvp, even if it was good gear? yeah gotta wonder if they'd think their experience was sorta invalid or something
    A lot of high rated arena players have raided at a hardcore level for example hoodrych and azael. Top rated players in both pve and pvp can do either its a just a lack of giving a fuck on there part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Mildly entertained by the people acting like the few hundred stats matter. You all do realize that there was a group of 3 people that 3 manned gold in each cmode?

As long as the gear is 463 and the proper primary stat for your spec, gear doesn't matter in cmodes.
    It does because everything has to be perfect while not going for world fist or rank 1 because its still matters /sarcasm. People will do whatever it takes to make things go as smoothly as possible this isn't new... just got to deal with it.
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-02-24 at 08:52 AM.

Considering how easily can you get decent pve gear now I am not surprised honestly. Besides, who invited you blindly in the first place without knowing you have pvp gear? Going in CM groups who are randomly invite people without knowing them for a bit is a huge mistake, you should be thankful for that person, saved you a lot of headache.

The amount of pure stupidity in this thread amazes me.

MOP has only been out more than a year and people still have no idea about the stat budget of pvp gear? Dear god.

Deleted
    If you had prior experience in challenge modes, then it'd help. They're not difficult once you learn the patterns - but everyone goes through learning the patterns. That's why Openraid groups generally ask for 9/9 exp. In addition the invisibility routes are some of the most common causes of wipes with new people to challenge modes. The team that 3 manned the golds was impressive, but probably point more to the strength in synergy of a good monk/priest/shaman. I'd be surprised if it could be done with another setup.

Deleted
    Pvp gear just makes you lose a minimal dps, if you do have pve trinkets and wep, i dont think there is a problem with you doing CM with that gear.

we all make subjective decisions. sometimes people are just mean because they can be mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use a full set of Timeless Isle gear, preferably single stat ones with hit or expertise because they aren't scaled down.

10+ Year Old Account
    The honor pvp gear smokes timeless isle gear. It's almost like having normal ToT gear. You even get set bonuses which can be useful...like the one that cuts the alter time cd in half for example for mages. I mix pve and pvp gear from all tiers depending on stats and gems slots when I do proving grounds. If I was doing CM's it would obviously be the same gear.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Funny how if you were full Timeless Isle geared they would of let you stay.
    Yeah exactly. How dumb are people really?
    (pst you can decide after reading the next quote)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I would of kicked you too.
    PvE needs PvE gear just as PvP needs PvP gear.
    When I go to a BG/Arena I put on my PvP gear.
    When I go to a Dungeon, Scenario, CM, Raid, I put on my PvE gear.
    It's not rocket science...
    I'm lost for words... do you really believe that? If you were any smart, you'd use the gear that was best and not just follow such a stupid "rule".

The difference is minimal, and probably not noticeable unless you are severely carrying some people... in which case you have that to worry about before even thinking about a few extra gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was a pug group, I would probably kick you if you didn't have the max socket per slot. Examples being rings without sockets or legs without 3 sockets.The extra gem slots across several items really make a difference with scaling.

If it was with guild...Well, doesn't really matter, lol. I've carried people who paid gold for 9/9gold CM before.. Where they basically did nothing at all and our guild group got gold without issue.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

Deleted
    The only advantage of pve gear is that it has so much more sockets on it. Now, the soo gear has sockets on pretty much ever piece of gear and it is a hughe boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Use a full set of Timeless Isle gear, preferably single stat ones with hit or expertise because they aren't scaled down.
    This ^

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow this thread is actually impressive and needs to be in some sort of hall of shame. You're worrying WAY too much about the socket bonuses. Unless you're going for realm first or something you really don't need to put that much thought into it. You can go into a challenge mode with, very likely, whatever gear you usually use for PvE and be fine. Or PvP, but you really need at least PvE trinkets.

This thread is a good example of why players should never be allowed to set requirements for content in the game. You want people to do some realm first level min-maxing just to get CM gold. Wow. Baffling.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Lot of players in here bagging on someone for pvp gear. My main is a 579 equip ret and arguably one of the best in the world at the class. My alt is a doppleganger of the opposite faction with just PvP epics. People who try to shittalk the alt have no idea who they are dealing with and I can blow anyone out of the water because the skill of 99% of the playerbase in the game is so low it's a joke. TLDR If you shitalk gear and the need crutch. You're prolly shit too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AseyBL View Post
    it's doable in pvp gear, but pve is better = easier, simple is that.

You can run LFR to get items from SoO (best number of sockets) and ToT (trinkets + weapons) - its not so hard, so in my CM i would also kick for pvp gea. Ops did i say kick? Yes, but i never take person like that unless he have some goooooood experience in CM (at least few times done gold 9/9)

no offence but if ppl have problem with interupts on pve they are not good pve players and progression.... is hard for them im wondering how they menaged to kill omnotron
    I'm wondering if you managed to even kill OMNITRON HEROIC since kicks were never the issue for any guild. So how bout u tone down the bashing. KK thanks

Having pvp gear for CMs just makes you the easy scapegoat for pugs who can't acheive the gold. I honestly don't have a problem with people in CMs having pvp gear if they aren't screwing up mechanics since they are incredibly easy to do. If I remember correctly, for my warlock's CM gold run we had our enhance shaman go ele with full pvp set and a relic of yu'lon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    The honor pvp gear smokes timeless isle gear. It's almost like having normal ToT gear. You even get set bonuses which can be useful...like the one that cuts the alter time cd in half for example for mages. I mix pve and pvp gear from all tiers depending on stats and gems slots when I do proving grounds. If I was doing CM's it would obviously be the same gear.
    IIRC all set bonuses are DISABLED in CMs and proving grounds.

PvP gear is fine for CMs if you have your stats forged properly and know how to play (which applies to any gear/character). You are just as responsible for evaluating your group, and the person leading the run, as they are of you. If they don't know what they're doing, it's a waste of your time anyway. Labeling all PvE players as not understanding PvP based on this one idiot's gear response is just dumb. Understanding PvP, as your title suggests, has nothing to do with it. The group's response to your gear, shows they don't know anything about how stat scaling works in CM or PG. Which leads me to believe they were not properly prepared for the runs. You should be glad they removed you from the sounds of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    You're confusing "pvper" with a skilled pvper. Most pvpers are terrible, you will rarely see a person using all of their abilities, let alone a macro, or using abilities at the correct time. Skilled pvpers are a tiny portion of the pvp population.
    In my experience, most PvE players are just as terrible. Both areas of the playerbase are not immune to the issue. Finding skilled players on either side is difficult.
    Last edited by Sakamae; 2014-02-27 at 06:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsDontPlayWow View Post
    This ^
    I don't see how this is a good idea at all. Okay hit and expertise won't be scaled down (of which you only need a maximum of 5500 total). I doubt that offsets the fact that single stat items have a way lower item budget than items with multiple stats. Also not much of your time (in fact time is one of the less challenging aspects in CMs) is spent on actual bosses that need you to be fully capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Ok, first things first. The single roll timeless pieces (1600 hit or whatever) are bugged with cmode scaling down, and you WILL lose stats.

Second. PvP gear is going to likely be better due to on average having more sockets than timeless gear.

For Cmodes, PvP gear > Timeless almost always.