Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    The whole point of adding a cast time is to stand still and cast not do it while moving. Read some recent interviews and you will basically see that they want to limit majorly the ability of all casters to cast while moving including healers. Moving 24/7 while casting will be a thing of the past most likely.
    Blizzard also wanted to reduce button bloat and CC.

Add to this they want to give melee a niche. Melee and hunters will shine on movement heavy fights. Priests won't, but we already don't. We just get more people to compete for the bench spot in these situations. Its actually a good thing if we are on the same level of the other casters. Its just that instead of us getting buffed, they get nerfed.

Stuff like Glyph of Penance I cannot imagine staying either. Maybe with 100% more mana cost. Instant Holy Fire? That is a minor thing really, but that dot can proc ToF.

I think its a good thing. If CDs are being combined and provide multiple utility and it makes you think if you want to save the CD I think thats a good thing, too. Inner Focus has 3 utilities in one (reduced mana cost, 100% crit, no silence/interrupt/dispel). Psychic Horror has also 2 (fear + disarm). Fear Ward for example has only 1. You could easily combine Power Infusion with Fear Ward for example except for PI isn't baseline while Fear Ward is.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    If PI is going to work like TF and Eclipse (and I don't see why not)
    Here is why not: You are supposed deal extra damage while cooldowns are active - not after they dropped. PI will update dynamically - while it's active your DoTs deal more damage and tick faster, it drops, DoTs go back to their normal tick speed.

TF and Eclipse are less cooldowns, but more rotational aspects. You're supposed to apply your DoTs while in the correct stance, not outside of it.

I guess they could replace Psyfiend with Psychic Scream in the lvl15 talents. Not sure if the other options would be good enough though..

Removing Psychic Scream is bullshit. " We want to reduce cc " Yeah right, like priests are the class with the most cc *cough* warrior *cough* rogue *cough* hunter and adding cast time ??? Sure priest are the most mobile class *cough* hunter *cough* warrior.

if this is their way of "fixing the shadowpriest issue"... I'd rather they nerf it... maybe it will actually be beneficial to us.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Here is why not: You are supposed deal extra damage while cooldowns are active - not after they dropped. PI will update dynamically - while it's active your DoTs deal more damage and tick faster, it drops, DoTs go back to their normal tick speed.
    That makes sense, but that means this does not make sense:

TF and Eclipse are less cooldowns, but more rotational aspects. You're supposed to apply your DoTs while in the correct stance, not outside of it.
    Which stance, Shadowform? What you say makes sense that it amplifies the dots. It doesn't make sense that your dots continue to tick stronger because you applied them in Eclipse while you are currently not in Eclipse.

And how can you say TF is not a CD? That doesn't make sense. Feral form and moonkin form are stances, like Shadowform.

PI becomes a "rotational aspect" as soon as you spec into it. Its just that TF has a much lower CD.

But adding cast time to each and every ability just for the sake of having close to no instant isn't the right way.

Halo also has a huge positional requirement to be optimally used. Now in addition to standing correctly, it also has a cast time. While casting, the mobs could/will probably move, changing the whole positional aspect again. Also, when you're moving, it's likely that you will not be positioned perfectly either. It simple doesn't make sense for it to have a cast time. Plus it's a 40 second CD... That doesn't make or break the game on cast while movement abilities.
    My thoughts exactly. It doesn't add anything fun or skillful to the talents. It simply makes them more awkward to use. It isn't the end of the world if these make live, but to me it is just super unnecessary when they have such a long CD.

Divine Star is a skill shot, using and aiming it while movement is already quite a task. Why add a cast time to it? "Here, stand still and aim it carefully during it's cast time?"
    Why? PVP interrupts would be my guess. Some developers didn't like all you pvpers jumping around, shooting unstoppable healing stars out your butts :P