What to upgrade next?

i7 3770k - used to be OC'd to 4.6ghz but h100 died - currently running stock.
    670 2GB mild OC
    8GBram
    1440p monitor 60hz
    250GB SSD

Assuming the first piece should be to *hopefully* warranty the H100 (pump randomly stop'd pumping.... and the light inside died...) if it doesn't not sure what cooling route I'll take.

After that I was debating maybe a 2nd 670 - but i'm worried about VRam and maybe I should try to sell it and go for a nicer single card? Or should I just wait and upgrade CPU to Broadwell or Skylake?

The main improvement of Broadwell will be power consumption, Im pretty sure it will just be another 5% IPC increase over Haswell, (so about 10% over Ivy) so in my book its not really a worthy upgrade in your case(think bloomfield -> sandy bridge, that was well worht it ). With that in mind, id say you better go with a better GPU since you play at 1440p. That lead me to this question, do you have any FPS issue in any game at the moment wit that 670?! If not well then maybe you should wait for Maxwell ?? Maybe you got the upgrade bug ?! Anyway if you really want to upgrade NOW... id go with a GTX780 or GTX780 Ti, nothing less, as a GTX770 isnt a worthy upgrade either. I would not consider an R9 290x considering they are stupidly overpriced at the moment (well atleast if you live in America). If you can get your hand on a used 670 for really cheap, that could be an option too, but i would not invest in a new 670 as they are hard to find because they are getting discontinued (look at the overpriced 4GB 670 on newegg lol).
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2014-02-23 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only worthy upgrade over your 670 is either a 290x or the 780 Ti to be honest.
    Also your CPU is absolutly fine and broadwell and haswell will be very close in performance, I don't see more than 5-10 % improvement for skywall unless intel comes up with new IPC technology.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Looks like I'm playing the waiting game - I'll probably hold off atleast another gen for GPU, (as much as I'd love to pick up another 670 I fear that 2gb wouldn't be enough Vram for both). If I can't get my H100 warranty any suggestions for cooling? Not sure if I really just got bad luck on mine or what.