What am i doing wrong in Proving grounds ?

Hi there, I've been trying Proving grounds Endless wave like 1 week now. And the problem is, i can't even pass wave 4 and im mad like hell. I mean cmon. Am i that bad ? In Raids i'm doing 100-120k hps And standing in 2nd. Place on Guilds Raid group. I mean 1. healer is passing me with %2 or %4 healing done.

Here is my characters information.

Spec
    -------
    Holy

Talents
    -------
    1) Void Tendrills
    2) Body and Soul
    3) Solace and Insanity
    4) Desperate Prayer
    5) Twist of Fate
    6) Divine Star

Reforges are all turned to Spirit
    Gems are all 320+ Spirit ( 18 Sockets avalible )

Stats
    -------
    General
    -------------
    Gear = 543 ilvl

Attributes
    -------------
    Intellect = 10,093
    Spirit = 12,177

Spell Stats
    -------------
    Spell Power = 16,757
    Haste = 11.91%
    Mana Regen = 19,745 ( Not in combat )
    Combat Regen = 12,872
    Crit Chance = 12.98%
    Mastery = 27.05%

Ok in first wave i mostly use heal to oto and finish up the wave with max mana. Using arcane torrent to stop pyroblast after all cc's done with npc's ( Using Single target heal chakra )

in second wave i turn to AoE Chakra. Trying to heal oto with heal spell if that cant help im using flash + flash + greater combo to get him up. Trying to Dispell as much as i can. After Sonic Blast shows up i heal oto with flash twice and use Prayer of healing combining with cirlce to heal the party up fast but in the process oto is taking massive damage so i use prayer of mending and shield with flash heal to recover him a bit fast and keeping people up with flash heal 'cus people are starting to take massive damage. if this process repeats i use Divine hymn cd ( 'cus if i manage to pass wave 4 in wave 5 it's cd going to be reset ) i end up with %30 mana

in third wave i still stick with AoE Chakra. i immediatly use shadowfiend and Arcane torrent to recover mana. Rabbits show up on this wave i use PW:S to oto and Mending to those who got Chomp debuff to recover the damage fast. If it can't counter Chop i use flash heal to clear debuff fast. And starting to use Divine Star in this wave. I use same process with 2nd chomp debuff with prayer of healing. I end up with %10 - %15 mana.

in Fourth wave i still stick with AoE Chakra. In this wave as u may know 2 dispells we need to purify. When this happens i try to purify oto ASAP. if other debuff hits me i PW:S myself and use healthstone afterwards. If it hits other meele character i use Mass Dispel to dispell It. If it hits to range character i Shield him and putting renew on him after it explodes i heal with flash heal to recover him ASAP. I mostly use flash heal flash heal + Prayer of healing combination on this wave. And this is the Wave which i fail.

Can someone help me with this what am i doing wrong ?

Deleted
    I did it as disc so i won't comment much on tactics but you seem to rely way too much on flash heal.

Dno about holy but as disc i loved having mindbender for that extra dps on the first mob/biggest threat each wave.
    You really need to start using Divine Insight instead. That free PoM is basically an incredibly efficient smart AoE heal. It's also way more fun to use.

How your stats look outside doesn't really matter inside. The perfect CM set is the one with the most gems (above ilvl 463 obviously). Gems don't get scaled so probably the majority of your stats will be from gems if properly geared. Timeless armor for example is useless in there.

Deleted
    I did mine as disc but I would've thought you'd spend most of your time in Serenity, keeping renews up and refreshing + topping with Holy Word: Serenity.

By the way these are my stats in Proving grounds not outside. Anyways i see that holy is worst for Proving grounds. Disc is ermm how do i say this. I am not familiar with it so its way to hard for me to understand the way of Disc. Its like a whole new class for me. I've been playing holy priest since Wotlk. But the point is im still not get used to use heal. I mean In Wotlk we had spirit buff. With this buff we could manage to recover the mana we waste on flash so its kinda easy to heal at those times. Anyways thats not the point. So I'll try as disc this week, hope to see wave 5 ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you consider output instead of gemming all spirit ? Maybe in the long run you'd save mana anyway from not having to rely on flash heal on much ( due to low output of alternatives )

You're playing Holy that's what you're doing wrong.

Go Disc.

Can pre-Inner Focus-Spirit Shell each wave
    Atonement smart heals, and you're doing damage
    PW:S is far stronger and can absorb a KB
    You get Barrier and Pain Sup, which is better than Divine Hymn, and Guardian Spirit, since when the waves get higher the Fire Mages can nearly 1-shot with Pyroblast, so Divine Hymn won't do shit.

Gem Spirit-Crit in Yellow and Blue, and Spirit-Int in Red
    Look for gear with Spirit and Crit

Also Pain Sup is great for that 4th wave, it prevents the tank from getting blown up.
    Last edited by muto; 2014-02-28 at 10:11 PM.

I did the achivement as holy, and while its tougher than on disc, its possible. I'll try to give a few tips:

- Glyph PoM and cast it on the tank, the big first heal can be curcial
    - Don't go AoE chakra, its a mana burning and its not effecient.
    - Use Divine Star and try to avoid CoH, its not effecient espeically in Serenity Chakra. Use CoH only on emergency.
    - PW:S I never used as well when I did it as holy.
    - Renew + Serenity are your friends, keep renew rolling on the tank at all times.
    - With Renew rolling constantly on your tank, chomps should become easier. However, if your tank gets low, get yourself up and void shift.
    - Spam Heal at all times to refresh Renew, its mana effecient and its a decent spam.
    - FH/BH are useful tools, but only use them when you got no choice. When you do, use the Serendipity stacks.
    - Use Solace on cd, its your main mana source, its helping getting the waves down faster and its a heal as well. Forgetting to use it on cd can drain your mana fast.
    - Don't be afraid to use GH, its an important big heal you need to use frequently, especially on chomps.
    - On wave 5 I pop GS on the tank to keep him safe + the healing bonus and then I channel hymn. I do the same in wave 9.
    - Don't forget your Lightspring, its a huge tool in PG and it helps a lot against random damage waves, if I remember correctly I poped it on 1, 4 and 7.
    - As for dispelling, using Mass Dispel is a big waste, your priority of dispelling should be:
    1) Melee
    2) Ranged (Sooli if I remember correctly)
    3) Yourself

You can live with a debuff exploding as long as you're in high health, then a Lishtspring/Renew can get you back up while you're healing others.

- Fiend I always used on waves 3,6, and 9, and on 10 I helped with as much dps I can so I can have plenty of time to drink in between a set.
    - Don't forget HoH, find the right time to use it when your fiend and solace aren't enough. Remember to not channel it on high damage phases.
    - Pray to the RNG gods, PG is a lot about RNG, you get crap RNG there's little you can do. Keep trying until you get a bit lucky.
    - Don't be discouraged by not getting passed wave 5, eventually you'll see its all about timing your cds and building your gameplan.

Your talents are fine, ToF and Solace are great for holy in PG, as ToF almost has very high uptime and Solace helps getting mobs down faster. If you got the Darkmoon trinket it helps quite a bit as well.

Btw I was running with about 9k spirit and more Int than you.

Good luck

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You're playing Holy that's what you're doing wrong.

Go Disc.

Can pre-Inner Focus-Spirit Shell each wave
    Atonement smart heals, and you're doing damage
    PW:S is far stronger and can absorb a KB
    You get Barrier and Pain Sup, which is better than Divine Hymn, and Guardian Spirit, since when the waves get higher the Fire Mages can nearly 1-shot with Pyroblast, so Divine Hymn won't do shit.

Gem Spirit-Crit in Yellow and Blue, and Spirit-Int in Red
    Look for gear with Spirit and Crit

Also Pain Sup is great for that 4th wave, it prevents the tank from getting blown up.
    Lightspring does wonders on the mage phases, makes it almost trivial. Doing Endless wave 30 as holy is very much possible

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    I did it as disc so i won't comment much on tactics but you seem to rely way too much on flash heal.

Dno about holy but as disc i loved having mindbender for that extra dps on the first mob/biggest threat each wave.
    You really need to start using Divine Insight instead. That free PoM is basically an incredibly efficient smart AoE heal. It's also way more fun to use.

How your stats look outside doesn't really matter inside. The perfect CM set is the one with the most gems (above ilvl 463 obviously). Gems don't get scaled so probably the majority of your stats will be from gems if properly geared. Timeless armor for example is useless in there.
    DI in PG is really not good enough. Its never there when you need it, and ToF gives you a much needed extra throughput at a very high uptime. I tried both in PG as holy, I found ToF much better.
    Last edited by Blachshma; 2014-03-01 at 09:53 AM.