Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Favorite Easter Eggs/Secrets?

Every once in a while there will be a silly easter egg, or a cleverly hidden secret that everyone goes crazy for for a while, then it fades back into obscurity. What is everyone's favorite hidden content? I'm talking vanilla WoW - MoP, no restrictions. Quests, areas, events, pets, whatever!

My personal favorite has gotta be the Westfall Chicken. I'll never forget having to roll an alliance toon, level it, and buy stupid chicken feed just for Blizzard to make it available in Brill a few expansions later.

My second would probably have to be the Karazhan Crypts. There's just something awesomely spooky about them. I always secretly wished that Blizz re-used it for some Halloween event, or maybe a scenario or something.

I really enjoy the various tributes that Blizzard has put in their game to honor the deaths of employees.

Oh, the Loch Ness monster in the Deeprun Tram comes to mind as well.
    Last edited by Chaochamp; 2012-10-23 at 07:05 AM.

Kara crypts is great. Bordering on disturbing down there. I definitely understand why it wasn't used.

There's also a big smiley face on the floor under the kara tower.

My favorite probably doesn't count as an easter egg/secret, but I loved getting to ironforge airport before you could fly in azeroth. You could also get under ironforge. And if you climbed the mountain and fell through the floor, you could get on top of the AH/bank. It was oh so impressive back in the day. I also loved falling through stormwind and running all the way to ironforge across a large empty grassy field that was between them.

Huggalon the Heartwatcher is another of my favorite "easter eggs". Its not really anything too special, but its definitely semi-hidden and not really noticeable unless you were looking for it. Little stuff like that really sets wow apart from other MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by PANDA EXPRESS View Post
    Huggalon the Heartwatcher is another of my favorite "easter eggs". Its not really anything too special, but its definitely semi-hidden and not really noticeable unless you were looking for it. Little stuff like that really sets wow apart from other MMOs.
    Hopefully we'll get Planeton the Captain at some point!

Kara crypts upside-down corpses are seriously messed up and is a nice reminder that even with the addition of pandas, this game does have a dark underside.
    Elwynn forest kids are freaky too.
    Never argue with and idiot. They bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Some people should be forced to re-level their toons, and pay more attention to the process...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PANDA EXPRESS View Post
    Every once in a while there will be a silly easter egg, or a cleverly hidden secret that everyone goes crazy for for a while, then it fades back into obscurity. What is everyone's favorite hidden content? I'm talking vanilla WoW - MoP, no restrictions. Quests, areas, events, pets, whatever!

My personal favorite has gotta be the Westfall Chicken. I'll never forget having to roll an alliance toon, level it, and buy stupid chicken feed just for Blizzard to make it available in Brill a few expansions later.

My second would probably have to be the Karazhan Crypts. There's just something awesomely spooky about them. I always secretly wished that Blizz re-used it for some Halloween event, or maybe a scenario or something.
    You didn't need to level the toon to get the feed.. I got it with a level 1 toon and a fast relog to Horde parked at the farm.

My biggest problem was findng 50s for the feed..

Deleted
    My fav tho hardly a secret is the conversation between arthas and his father that you can hear in the main entrance throne area, in under city.
    Turn down music and increase ambience, use to love that speech, creepy as hell and a nice little touch to the game.
    Also Spanks The Monkey in STV

There is also the weird house in goldshire with the spooky kids (at set times or so). Not sure if it still exists in cata though.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Children_of_Goldshire
    Because it is spooky and there doesn't seem to be a good reason for it to be there, people start to speculate which makes it even more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    My fav tho hardly a secret is the conversation between arthas and his father that you can hear in the main entrance throne area, in under city.
    Turn down music and increase ambience, use to love that speech, creepy as hell and a nice little touch to the game.
    Beat me to it! I can spend hours listening to it, over and over again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Engelen View Post
    Lol same, use to go there to hangout whilst waiting for Guildies to be on to do a dung , pre lfd

10+ Year Old Account
    In Borean Tundra you get a quest from a naga to go to some ruins and kill some Kvaldir. If you look up after killing the named mob you'll see a dome above that you can fly into. If you go inside you'll see a crack on the floor in the inner rim on the dome. Inside the crack is an actual easter egg.

Last edited by leaks; 2012-10-23 at 03:33 PM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    A funny one, in the jade forest on one of the mountains, there is a house with a bunch of balloons on it, and one of those backpack dudes outside on the porch.

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Engelen View Post
    A fun one used to be using the warlock detect invisibility spell, you can see ghosts all around the court in undercity, also on raven's hill. think you can still use a pot.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    In Borean Tundra you get a quest from a naga to go to some ruins and kill some Kvaldir. If you look up after killing the named mob you'll see a dome above that you can fly into. If you go inside you'll see a crack on the floor in the inner rim on the dome. Inside the crack is an actual easter egg.

Your links arnt working.

Deleted
    the /chicken x100 pet

Adele can be found rolling in the deep of Townlong Steppes http://www.wowhead.com/npc=65178

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooherder View Post
    Your links arnt working.
    Yeah I don't know why they wouldn't work so I took them out. Anyway this is the quest I was trying to link: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=11625
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

I honestly like the WKM room, one of the few explorable places left in wow...

A few weeks ago around 3am I was exploring the Jade Forest for the first time. I had tabbed out to look at Facebook to see Samwise was drunk posting crazy music tracks on his Sons of the Storm feed, when I tabbed back into the game 3 seconds later, I came to the end of an isolated bridge near the easter egg from the MOP cinematic where Chen fought the human and orc in game and suddenly there was Sam the Wise, Metal Brewmaster(the in game NPC). I thought that was awesome, so I tabbed back and told Samwise on one of this facebook posts, and he replied that he thought it was cool too.

That's one of those weird WOW moments where WOW bleeds over into reality.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    You didn't need to level the toon to get the feed.. I got it with a level 1 toon and a fast relog to Horde parked at the farm.

Quote Originally Posted by PANDA EXPRESS

My biggest problem was findng 50s for the feed..
    Haha yeah, I thought that leveling would provide a faster means of getting that 50s. Yeah... didn't really help.

I got a kick out of the fighting animals in the cliffs outside thunder bluff, and stuff like harris pilton and harrison jones.