Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Skull banner removed in WoD

from the front page:

A lot of players complain about the reduction of spells and abilities to play a class. Do you plan to keep reducing them further?
    We indeed removed skills and abilities that didn't feel essential to the game, a lot of DPS classes ended up combining them in a macro to launch them simultaneously. A Warrior for example would create a macro with Recklessness and Skull Banner, this is why Skull Banner was removed and some of its effects added to Recklessness.

We removed about 20% of class skills and abilities, even if we will probably have to add a couple more. Players will probably ask for it during beta.

In the end, we want to reduce the amount of buttons required to play and make the game easier for players who come back. The goal is to make the game understandable for every player, each button must have a very clear goal.
    thoughts?

So that means we get one less banner to intervene to? My thoughts, why remove something that works?Macro works fine for convenience, but seems like blizz dont want us to use macros anymore.

Taking away alot of stuff, also means things will get more boring. Sure banner is not the most fun spell, but at least its unique and its rewarding when you actually have to put some skill/thought into things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a warrior and admit I did that also :P

Remove Demo-banner or something but not skull banner (Warriors already have 2 raid-wide defensive abilities vs the majority which only have one)

Quote Originally Posted by acg137 View Post
    Remove Demo-banner or something but not skull banner (Warriors already have 2 raid-wide defensive abilities vs the majority which only have one)
    Skull banner is being baked into recklessness. We aren't losing its effect, per se.

I have a question, maybe sort of off topic but who knows let's find out. Will there be a thread for every ability that gets taken out?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how they remove abilities with flavor for an already flavorless class. I mean come on, it's not like it's interesting to see a warriors abilities with 1H special animation all the time. So this is kind of a shame really. They really need to make melee more flashy or there won't be a real reason to play them anymore.

I'm fine with this. I mean we're all just macroing Reck and Skull Banner anyway, so might as well combine them.

Quote Originally Posted by acg137 View Post
    Demo banner is being removed as well, atleast based on what we seen from the videos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Skull banner is being baked into recklessness. We aren't losing its effect, per se.
    It's no longer a raid CD however. The "Banner" portion is gone.

Frame by frame captures, I realize the icons are messy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    So that means we get one less banner to intervene to? My thoughts, why remove something that works?Macro works fine for convenience, but seems like blizz dont want us to use macros anymore.

Taking away alot of stuff, also means things will get more boring. Sure banner is not the most fun spell, but at least its unique and its rewarding when you actually have to put some skill/thought into things.
    But being a mobility platform is not the main design of the banners. And they honestly weren't well done because there was direct conflict between using them for yourself for a higher personal gain and using them for the group for an amount of benefit that was hard to define.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it was neat to look at and all...but I hardly used the actual physical banner for anything. It was just something that was dropped whenever I popped recklessness. So, it's all right with me.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Good. The raid utility arms race is stupid anyways.

I'm glad its gone, they would have had to make it not work with the readiness stat because of raid benefit and mess up our cooldown timings like eye does atm.

Skull Banner only reason you bring a Warrior to a raid. You all have faith they will make Warriors relevant to bring without Banners?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Skull Banner only reason you bring a Warrior to a raid. You all have faith they will make Warriors relevant to bring without Banners?
    Not sure if serious? http://simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T16H.html

And Riposte Prot is one of the best tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Not sure if serious? http://simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T16H.html

And Riposte Prot is one of the best tanks.
    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/

Is a much better thing to look at. What's actually happening on live servers and not just some made up "everything goes right" universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    You either are a bad warrior or have bad warriors in your raid if you believe that.

Good. Hope they reduce ability bloat even more.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    You either are a bad warrior or have bad warriors in your raid if you believe that.
    Rogue does comparable damage with more personal and raid utility ( without the Banner) In a 10 man, why would you bring a Warrior over a rogue, both being equal? The answer is that you wouldn't without banner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaucent View Post
    Good. Hope they reduce ability bloat even more.
    Out of the 4 toons I raid with, Warrior has the most buttons that I will actually key bind and use in an encounter.

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/

Is a much better thing to look at. What's actually happening on live servers and not just some made up "everything goes right" universe.
    Yeah not sure what you were trying to prove there, still 5th on damage overall versus 3rd on Simcraft.