Thread: Thok 10H Help

Thok 10H Help

Hey everyone. We're working on Thok H right now in a more or less straight 10, and I'm looking for some help on how to approach this from a raid cooldowns and raid comp for the fight.

Right now we're two healing with a holy paladin and a resto druid, and we've put only about 10 or 15 attempts in at the end of our raid week, but I'd like to figure what works best for when we get some more attempts going.

Our comp right now is is follows:

Prot Warrior

Holy Paladin
    Resto Druid

Feral Druid (Me, tank OS)
    Ret Paladin
    Assassination Rogue
    Survival Hunter
    Destro Lock
    Frost Mage
    Shadow Priest (Disc OS)

I've heard two or three healing work, and been two healing just to hopefully move the fight faster. Our shadow priest isn't the best of heals, and has only really healed on Juggernaut and Shaman for us.

So far we've been trying to work the regular phase with a cooldown rotation of:

Prot Demo Banner/Rally Cry around 4
    Devo around 5 or 6 and Vamp
    Smoke Bomb around 8 with the second Devo
    BoP and tranquility from the resto around 14
    Symbiosis bubble and tranquility about 18

Any constructive feedback would be awesome and incredibly welcome.

If you are 1 tanking and 2 healing there is no need to push past the 15 stacks.

Yeah I think you are pushing too far with 2 heals.

I'm not going to give a cooldown order but some points to consider
    1) You want something like banner/cry or smokebomb when you stack to end the phase. Decide how many stacks that should be at.
    2) Starting raid CD's at 4 may be early since screeches only get nuts at 6 stacks and max out speed at 8.
    3) If a pally talents clemency you can BoP the SP and do VE uninterrupted a little later.

If you are 2 healing you also need the priest to mass dispel p much on cooldown on the bat door. Either this or try to skip it all together if you are 2 healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    We 1 tank 2 healed Thok:

- pushed 15 or more stacks on P1
    - pushed 5+ stacks on red next
    - pushed 10+ stacks on blue next
    - pushed 5+ stacks on green next
    - killed during kite

If you want to, you can push blue further so that you can avoid green altogether (probably our raids least favourite phase to do with 2 heals).

Deleted
    We did it like pussies and 3 heal 2 tanked (well with me as disc, so semi dps)
    Up to cap on first one
    12ish on second
    20-something on third
    Then as long as we could on last one (actually had it bug out once with everyone 70%+ after the first scream but instantly went back to p2)
    Last edited by mmoca4abc3a051; 2014-02-24 at 05:45 AM.

Deleted
    More than 15 stacks is unnecessary and a bit dangerous with just two heals, plus your tank will be getting wrecked at that point.

Something like this might work better:

4 Demo banner
    5 Light hammer
    7 Aura mastery
    9 Bop and tranq
    12 bubble and pala heal cds
    15 Rallying and group up in smoke bomb.

Using Rally and Bomb to group up will buy you another 3-5 stacks without any risk to anyone (bar the tank).

For the Poison/bat phase use your 2nd aura mastery when the bats spawn to nuke the down, as soon as they're dead transition, this should be around 7-8 stacks of acceleration. Make sure your lock and spriest are rotating dispells in this phase.

For the frost phase just use your p1 cd's again, be ready to free the tank immediately.

Any suggestions on door order? We had been going frost door first, because we're pushing it quickly between having little raid walls for that one as well as the tank getting stacks quickly. Is this the best way to do it or should we approach it differently?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the fairly standard door order is:

1. The one at the front left of the room (when you enter);
    2. The one at the front right of the room (when you enter);
    3. The one at the back right of the room (when you enter).

This makes good sense because the 2nd time you stack up for screech phase your 3-min cooldowns haven't reset but it's that bats and you want to push this fast into blood frenzy anyway. The 3rd time you stack up for screech those cooldowns are ready again to carry you to 25+ stacks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorAJ View Post
    Any suggestions on door order? We had been going frost door first, because we're pushing it quickly between having little raid walls for that one as well as the tank getting stacks quickly. Is this the best way to do it or should we approach it differently?
    Poison > Frost > Fire is best i think, your 3 min CD's should be up for the Frost door so you can saty in it for a similar length as the 1st phase 1.

agree with above, best order is poison then frost then fire. having a lock with gateway helps for the kite path too. make sure gateway is up for a quick getaway, ur lock should almost never be targeted anyway so he can always provide a fast escape for guildies. we 2 tank 3 heal it btw, push 25 stacks in every phase, and play it safe with kiting.

It's 10 man, just pop all CD's on the pull and kill it before the first deafening screech!