Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shadow Priests are the absolute bomb

I recently started leveling my shadow priest again and I just must say... Their damage is insane. My Nelf Spriest is currently level 64, and I just killed about 8 mobs in Nagrand at the same time using only SWP. I then had a full heirloom level 66 prot warrior descend out of the sky while I was finishing off these mobs. I had 3 shadow orbs, so I feared him, and proceeded to 2 shot him with Mind Blast and DP.

I swear I'm in love. No class should be this hilariously fun. I heard that Spriest suck at 90, but I don't even care anymore.

I think I found my new main.

The main thing that you are happy.

Deleted
    I think you forgot to add jk or kappa somewhere in your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Low level characters are so unbalanced it's not even funny. I was leveling another hunter for the hell of it a few months back with no heirlooms I was pretty much killing people in 1 stunlock with Bestial Wrath. Just wait till you hit 90, SPriest are very gear dependent. You'll either get really frustrated with your dps and quit or keep going and have a decent DPS that will never top a Warlock/Mage.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ghermelin View Post
    I recently started leveling
    Come back in 2 years after you mained it in Heroic raiding or Arena and we will speak again my young apprentice...

Deleted
    Go turn off your XP gain before it's too late.

This sounds like when I was leveling my mage in Cata, they were so damn broken and fun that you could AOE like 10 mobs down at a time since Ice Barrier was like a 10k shield or something. But once I got to 90, Mage because the most boring class to play since Arcane was the raiding spec at the time, it was basically one button. I only liked playing Fire, but with all the nerfs and being so gear dependant it is almost not worth it to bother.

I love my shadow priest, it could use some fixes for sure, but it will never stop me from competitively trying to beat other classes, and it feels so much better when you do. When I do really well, people notice. When my girlfriend does well on her Warlock, it's "Oh well you're a lock what do you expect" I kind of like being the underdog, but I def know it has work to be done.

Watch my WCM Movie (Moriat 1 link in my signature) if you wanna see the true madness of bc levelrange shadowpriests. I also just recently leveled another shadowpriest. Had a lot of fun world pvping from level 60 to 70.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL ok maybe at level 64 shadow priests are really good. Have fun being at the bottom of the charts at level 90.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel the same way. Someone started a thread last week I think asking what people were going to level first in WoD. I've been playing for over 7 years. The first year my main was a hunter, then in BC I did a shadow priest for about a year, then switched to a paladin and that's been my main ever since, but I really do love my spriest. She's definitely the most fun. I didn't respond to the thread because I just couldn't decide. Pally because she's my most important? Or Priest because she's the most fun? Enjoy!

Leveling a priest for the second time (horde this time) and it was awesome. Didn't even need to shadow just ran around as disc and sw killed everything. Dungeons were so simple as disc since pw:s absorbed so much it almost never even broke from damage. Not to mention as disc not only was I healing extremely easily but I was also topping the charts on dps too. AWESOME!

Then I started having mana problems doing dps since shadow since it's so dependent on vampiric touch being up and in any dungeon mobs died before that happened. Priests don't get their AoE til lv76 so when all other classes have at least some way to cleave or do some AoE I was still having to single target down minion packs... woo?

Now the biggest cap goes form 79-80 really. Healing sucks. Before a renew could keep someone alive but now everyone's health pool took a GIANT leap up yet our heals pretty much stayed the same so now healing is pretty horrible and to top it off there's hardly any mana regen on the gear so mana is a huge issue. And as for shadow it still does shitty dps compared to everyone else.

Now at lv85 the jade forest takes forever. Boring as hell and to just sw as the op is in love with would take at least 3 full duration sw if not more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    Leveling a priest for the second time (horde this time) and it was awesome. Didn't even need to shadow just ran around as disc and sw killed everything. Dungeons were so simple as disc since pw:s absorbed so much it almost never even broke from damage. Not to mention as disc not only was I healing extremely easily but I was also topping the charts on dps too. AWESOME!

Then I started having mana problems doing dps since shadow since it's so dependent on vampiric touch being up and in any dungeon mobs died before that happened. Priests don't get their AoE til lv76 so when all other classes have at least some way to cleave or do some AoE I was still having to single target down minion packs... woo?

Now the biggest cap goes form 79-80 really. Healing sucks. Before a renew could keep someone alive but now everyone's health pool took a GIANT leap up yet our heals pretty much stayed the same so now healing is pretty horrible and to top it off there's hardly any mana regen on the gear so mana is a huge issue. And as for shadow it still does shitty dps compared to everyone else.

Now at lv85 the jade forest takes forever. Boring as hell and to just sw as the op is in love with would take at least 3 full duration sw if not more.
    I have 2 priests on each expansion level cap except level 90 and 85. Its great fun to play the all these specs on low level. The following 2 classes are broken on low level though: frost mage and survival hunter. They rape the meters. Shadow does decent single target damage.

I find it hilarious how each post is saying "LOL wait until level cap <insert QQ here>"

Let the person enjoy the class and the play style.

lvl 40 aff warlock is basically the same concept as a lvl 90 shadow priest.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    lvl 40 aff warlock is basically the same concept as a lvl 90 shadow priest.
    As somebody who mains an SPriest and is currently leveling a warlock and toiled around with an afflicition offspec, quoting this post for accuracy.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mestido View Post
    The main thing that you are happy.
    I lold
    /10chars

Well, outside of endgame PvE and PvP, yes: shadow is the bomb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    LOL ok maybe at level 64 shadow priests are really good. Have fun being at the bottom of the charts at level 90.
    If you are currently at the bottom of the charts as spriest, you got learn2play issues more than anything else. Even on singletarget we are above the middle now. Stop blaming the class.