Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    spec score is not a good indication for how good a spec is on a given fight. It has problems when a class has several good specs so not all specs have a good representation on all fights.

If you want to know what priests are complaining about, go to any of the single target fights, I would sugest you have a look at Juggernaut, Malkorok or Thok.

Under Data set, choose "All parces" and then under Measure choose "95:th Percentile".

That is a depressing image if you play a priest. It shows the top parces of all specs and has the advantage of comparing the top 5% shadowpriests to the top 5% of any other spec. Feel free to change the percentage if you like a broader range.

If you look at top 100 parces you would be comparing the top 3.3% shadowpriests to the top 1/3 of sub rogues. That was just an example from Malkorok. Not all specs have equal reprecentation.

Deleted
    Someone makes an obvious troll post, people post redundant and false specc scores ... yep time to close this thread!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rait View Post
    I think you forgot to add jk or kappa somewhere in your post.
    Whats kappa? Is that a new thing 90s people use instead of swag nowadays?

And I feel sad about the depressing people in the thread who cant be happy for somebody else for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Whats kappa? Is that a new thing 90s people use instead of swag nowadays?

And I feel sad about the depressing people in the thread who cant be happy for somebody else for once.
    Kappa is a Twitch.tv emoticon meaning sarcasm or trolling.

OP's fun will end at 82-83 when scaling gets normalized better. All specs are broken in some way at low levels such as Balance Druid's Starsurge which at 74 crits for 16-17k while I have 14k health and mobs around 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    If you are currently at the bottom of the charts as spriest, you got learn2play issues more than anything else. Even on singletarget we are above the middle now. Stop blaming the class.

Top 100 AND using Spec Score...lolz

As long as your happy go with it. Just remember when you are 90 you won't likely compete with pure dps classes, that being said appreciate the utility a of hybrid class and what it brings to a group and enjoy yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    If you are currently at the bottom of the charts as spriest, you got learn2play issues more than anything else. Even on singletarget we are above the middle now. Stop blaming the class.

People who use shit like Spec Score need to learn how to assess a proper data analysis before they open their mouth.

Deleted
    Yeah shadow in random Bg's is awesome just dot everyone up cascade watch the procs flood in xD some times if you get lucky you get like 5-6 instant casts in a row. Remember how op we was at the starts of the expasnsion life swapping pet,the fade LOS talent and insane self heals xD think I'm going to stick to my priest for WoD But I have to wonder with the 5orbs if they will nerf devouring plague because stacking up five orbs pop trinket's cd's devouring plague mind blast then devouring plague again is going to be painful. unless the level 100 talents shake up how you spend the orbs

Deleted
    Yes we are not the best on single target, pretty nice on multi targets and we are abit gear dependent. I dont pvp but i heard its pretty awfull....But if you play the spec to the best and do decent dps, who cares? You not that bad that u cant raid. Top tier heroic raiding maybe (altho im pretty sure they use shadow priests too), but everything is killed already. If you only care about meters, then yes u shouldn´t play and might aswell roll a warlock. But shadow priest is fun to play, brings nice healing, and nice to learn and get better. I´d say if u enjoy it at lvl 90 aswell, go for it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Yes we are not the best on single target, pretty nice on multi targets and we are abit gear dependent. I dont pvp but i heard its pretty awfull....But if you play the spec to the best and do decent dps, who cares? You not that bad that u cant raid. Top tier heroic raiding maybe (altho im pretty sure they use shadow priests too), but everything is killed already. If you only care about meters, then yes u shouldn´t play and might aswell roll a warlock. But shadow priest is fun to play, brings nice healing, and nice to learn and get better. I´d say if u enjoy it at lvl 90 aswell, go for it
    I'd say very fun to play as an alt but if its not your main don't roll to it right now, and it doesn't look bright in WoD yet either. There are other classes which simply to more damage when it matters.

Single target? You bench shadow.
    Multidot? Warlock can do it better, arcane mage, and moonkin can do it better with less effort. And they can also do better single target.
    Cleave? Moonkin and certain other high single target classes can't do it but that is OK: you just stack a few destro locks and frost mages for the cleave. No need for a shadow.
    Utility? FD does same as SG and hunters got buffed.
    Off healing? Ele does it better CD-wise. Divine Star is OP on a few fights tho.
    Life Grip? Resto druid can Symbiosis the Disc priest (which you should have).
    Mass Dispel? OK, that is a utility we are best at ('cept we're not since healers cast it quicker...) since our mana doesn't matter while the mana of the Disc priest does but on the fights where its used (Immerseus, Protectors, Thok) I don't really think healers have huge mana issues.

Counting it all up no matter the difficulty you're raiding at a shadow brings very little to the raid team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its all about Hymn of Hope !

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    In case any one missed this?

Celestalon ‏@Celestalon 25 min.
    @SylentsWoW It'll be on the WoW community site. Shadow has some noteworthy changes coming, which you'll hear about when beta starts.

Can't wait to see what this all means!

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, Shadow Priest is easily the worst single target spec on average right now.
    But luckily a new expansion is on the rise and things will change a lot.
    Hope to see some big changes for the class.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Who cares about single target. We are a multi dottting class. You should stop complaining about our shitty single target when every tier, there's like 1 or 2 single target fights and the rest are council/multi dot. You should be more upset that one of our niches is the worst multi dotting class in the game. That's what you should be complaining about.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Surely they can make us better at both, it's not unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

@SylentsWoW It'll be on the WoW community site. Shadow has some noteworthy changes coming, which you'll hear about when beta starts.

Call me paranoid, but wording suggests it means:

You will still suck as a dps spec. With new talents, but still the worst. For another expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

Whatever the changes will be the grand SP scheme of
    "Good at early stages, falling at the bottom because of terrible scaling when reaching BiS"
    don't think it's gonna change.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Who cares about single target. We are a multi dottting class. You should stop complaining about our shitty single target when every tier, there's like 1 or 2 single target fights and the rest are council/multi dot. You should be more upset that one of our niches is the worst multi dotting class in the game. That's what you should be complaining about.
    This. So much this.. for the whole expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Call me paranoid, but wording suggests it means:

You will still suck as a dps spec. With new talents, but still the worst. For another expansion.
    Are you so paranoid in regard to everything or just shadow in general ?
    After seeing the new proposed racial changes I'm actually optimistic about this tweet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Thats just you speaking who likes to see big numbers on multidot fights. The reality is the final bosses of T15/T16 did not contain much if any multidot component.

Our problem as it is is much bigger than our multidot competition: we don't provide much if any utility anymore and our low multidot is part of that problem, but in fact almost every fight is about single target sustained; not multidot. Multidot has not been relevant this patch. If multidot was relevant you'd see locks go affliction instead of destruction. They don't. We also already know mage won't be a multidot class anymore next expansion.

Lets look at the last bosses of the patch. Siegecrafter, not a multidot fight. It favors cleave and single target sustained and burst. It allows for some multidot usage, but nothing major. Klaxxi, not a multidot fight. It has a few minor multidot aspects to it, but again its largely single target. Garrosh, has a multidot component, but it doesn't really matter if your multidot is a bit better or worse there. Its about single target sustained damage and damage during movement (so ironic both hunter and ele got buffed while they got 0 issue w/that). While we do provide utility on thesw fights so do other classes.

Previous tier Dark Animus was hands down about controlled multidot in the start of the fight (talking about being undergeared) but the end of the fight was about together with Twins our utility here was our survivability from our passive Shadowform. Same for moonkin's Moonkin Form. Warlocks still have ridiculous survivability and mobility which is why they are amazing for tasks related to that like Klaxxi Aim and Desecrated Weapon baiting. Lei Shen did not contain much multidot. What mattered was single target sustained, cleave burst, and single target movement damage. Ra-den allowed some multidot, but on an equal level also cleave since the orb was not about multidot but about single target burst on a time scale perfect for us.

The last bosses of T14, Will of the Emperor was a multidot fight but also one with emphasis on utility. It turned out mages ring of frost was the most important utility and hence we stacked that which might've costed a shadow a spot there. Empress was not about multidot, it was about single target sustained, utility, and cleave. Sha of Fear was a multidot fight, but again as always also about single target sustained. Do you see the pattern already? Almost every fight is about single target sustained. Council fights are the exception but there are very little amount of these.

Let me draw you an analogy here to another class: the rogue. They scale very well with gear and even though they weren't strong in T14 (+ lost the legendary reroll effect) they are easily one of the best single target sustained melee. Add to that their unique utility (Feint, Cloak, Cheat Death, Smoke Bomb, Vanish, movement) and you have a very strong contender for a spot.

Shadow doesn't have this because there is nothing Shadow does at which it excels, including like you mention, multidot. We've also been overshadowed by another priest spec -Discipline- which has been the best priest spec throughout this entire expansion.
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2014-02-28 at 04:01 PM.