Poll: Scenarios

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Do scenarios give more than they take?

Do you think that scenarios, considering the fact that we really don't get much from them, are worth the development time that goes in to them that could be spent on other features?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    For the early and mid part of the expansion, I felt scenarios was a very nice way to gear up new alts. Today the non-hc scenarios are completely pointless though.

Overall I'm a fan of scenarios, but there's certainly improvements that could be made.

5 mans are pretty much superior in most ways, IMO. If they could give us another 5 man for every 2-3 scenarios, the non raid pve content probably would have been better this expansion.

Heroic Scenarios were a blazing fast way to get valor capped, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    If they could give us another 5 man for every 2-3 scenarios, the non raid pve content probably would have been better this expansion.
    There wouldn't be more dungeons if there were no scenarios, because the dungeon team has nothing to do with them.

Perhaps.. but I believe part of the reason that they didn't add any 5 mans is because they figured scenarios would fill some of the void.

i like the idea of them i just think they are so stupid in terms of difficulty and im not one of these people who think every single aspect of the game should be as hard as heroic rag. but, when content is as easy as scenarios its just throw-away garbage like questing and, well, i guess the mop 5 mans too. i think heroic scenarios are a good difficulty for normals, and heroic should be a bit harder.

some of them are kind of fun

Deleted
    Cant LFG heroic scenarios, i have done like 4 of them. They could be okay for low level content but for max. level? No thanks, i prefer 5-mans.

Edit: talking about 3-man scenarios, solo scenarios are indeed great for storytelling.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2014-02-23 at 04:19 AM.

Deleted
    Scenarios are largely in the existing world, so they don't need to create any new areas for them. Dungeons are usually completely new areas, so the level of work that goes into them is on a different scale. I like 5-mans more, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was less work to create 5 scenarios than 1 large 5-man.

10+ Year Old Account
    VP wise, scenarios is the most efficient way to farm..
    Gear wise.... I've had ONE drop in waaaaaaaaaay too many scenarios..
    Lore wise.. Total waste of dev time..
    Instace wise... 5mans are already too short and easy.. Scenarios is a discrase...

Overall verdict: Failed...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

With an asterisk yes.

Solo story scenarios are great. Like the IoT ones.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say yes with an asterisk too, but only if a lfg for heroic scenarios is added.

The green fire Lock solo scenario was also fun, and some other small phased/scenario type things like the Celestial pet battle tourney.

If they were to leave it as-is without lfg for heroics, I'd say it does seem like a large time investment for something that not a ton of players are using.

Scenarios are a waste of time. They're retardedly easy, even on heroic, they're incredibly boring and a complete waste of time for everything other than Valor. And honestly, chaining together heroics with a good group isn't even all that much slower. If heroics gave maybe 20 more Valor each, then there would really be no reason to ever do scenarios at all. As it is I think I've done maybe 5 of them, just to see what they're like, and I will never do another again. There's literally no purpose to them and they're absurdly boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better valor, I can basically solo them, interesting, much more fun than the traditional 5m. Easier and faster to fill and do as well. Much better than 5 mans.

They are a cut out of an area already made in the world, so they don't take up much time to make, compared to a custom dungeon.

I like scenarios. They make a nice platform for storytelling. And they probably give Blizz a nice sandbox to test new mechanics.

Deleted
    Scenarios are great for story telling, and they are a stress free way to get valor. The gear from them was made irrelevant with introduction of Timeless Isle and crafted pvp gear though.

I feel scenarios would be great for levelling content, they could complement or even replace low level dungeons and possibly even max level dungeons if the party size was increased along with the difficulty. Basically a five man scenario without the need for tank or healer is what I'm thinking of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I mean they are fun and all but you get nothing useful from them so I don't bother doing them.

Imo they are worthless, fastest way to VP cap though.

I feel that the solo scenarios are the only part about scenarios that has been worth the time spent developing them.

For me normal scenarios are pretty much only for reputation and heroic scenarios are for valor. In the long run they become annoying and tedious to do, because either that have some annoying mechanics or take much longer than they should because of the story. I much prefer 5man in that regard, because you can make it more interesting, by going 5 dps and pulling much more then intended.

"Battle on the High Seas" is one of the worst scenarios since we usually spent half the time doing nothing or waiting for a few mobs that dies in 1-2 hits.

Quick way to VP cap, about it.