Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I have always strongly thought that the government doesn't want weed to be legal because the pharmaceutical companies would go under. One thing about America is that their doctors are so quick to give people pills.
    Huh? I must have missed when Marijuana started curing everything.
    Also, amazed we have a thread 23 pages long just because the OP thought the panda bear rolling off the log was funny.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2014-02-25 at 09:32 PM.

you can't od on pot but it leads to stupid shit that can get you killed

its not hard to understand this but whatever 420 blaze it smoker life #swegg

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Part View Post
    420 blaze it smoker life #swegg
    lost you any credibility you had.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Weed has been shown to ease the pain of many well known illness, as well as ease many emotional stresses that can make things like IBS worse. I don't think it would make the companies go under (wrong word usage on my part) but it would definitely hurt them if weed was prescribed in allot of our daily pain and sufferings.
    Eh, I think any hurt they would feel would be minimal. Marijuana won't be available to everyone because of drug-testing. For those that it is available for, it is intoxicating and has side effects of its own that the user must contend with. The compounds in marijuana that have these positive effects are also available to be exploited by pharmaceutical companies for drug development, which might end up giving those companies a boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I guess its because young americans arent allowed to drink that they have this infatuation with weed.

Someone can correct me but i dont think weed is especially popular here - i think its either alcohol or hash. Hash is like a more concentrated version of weed is it not?
    No, you could say it's a method of processing the buds in which you gain a final product at an approximately 5:1 ratio. Means that for you to make 1g of Hash, you need 5g of weed; albeit it would be rather pointless to try and make hash from just 5g of weed.

Anyhow, saying it is just a more concentrated version of weed is wrong as it is more like a byproduct, rather than a refined version of weed.

Why does Hash even exist? Because it's mainly made of whatever is left from your plant which you either don't want to smoke, or can't sell because it's not attached to the plant anymore.

To Rich. Loosen up man. I could say the same about every 2nd topic on this board.

edit: wow I didn't notice the thread was already 23 pages in. My bad if I brought something up which was already discussed before.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2014-02-25 at 10:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snugglees View Post
    Well, it's technically a drug. A drug is a substance that causes some sort of psychological/physiological effect on your body when in it.
    Technically marijuana is a plant, not a drug. THC/CBD are drugs, but marijuana as itself, is classified as a plant, not a drug. It's just easier to say weed than THC, which is why most people say weed is a drug, but technically it's not.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    How many people have been killed by someone under the influence? Because that's really the important number.
    How many have been killed by texting while driving? We should ban phones. Or any other thing us human does, that actually kill us. Like eating a potato, and getting it stuck in the throat, then being choked to death, slowly. Potatos are lethal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Technically marijuana is a plant, not a drug. THC/CBD are drugs, but marijuana as itself, is classified as a plant, not a drug. It's just easier to say weed than THC, which is why most people say weed is a drug, but technically it's not.
    So, weed is THC, but weed isnt a drug while THC is?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

One of the things on the therapeutic side: there are quite a few medications on the market that are THC derivatives. I was put on one when I had pneumonia to increase appetite. The harmful effects are that the user is inhaling smoke, which is bad for you regardless of what is burning. Also the user regains 86% of motor function within 15min. (Sorry it was an old journal article that I read in university and cannot be bothered to look it up again)

On the OP: PANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    So going by your post I can see you didn't bother to look into it. You would have been better of just not replying if you weren't going to bother.

Paper

Hemp paper was only coarse before because we could not process it like we can now. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference these days.
    Lets forget the facts it's a much more renewable resource.

Clothing

http://www.collective-evolution.com/...mate-showdown/

There is little difference between hemp and cotton.

So please, if you aren't going to bother looking into something don't bother to reply anymore.
    You know that what you have quoted does not actually say that the paper from hemp would be of equal quality?

I guess from the laughable link you provided about hemp clothing that you have never actually seen nor felt any clothing made from hemp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    How many have been killed by texting while driving? We should ban phones. Or any other thing us human does, that actually kill us. Like eating a potato, and getting it stuck in the throat, then being choked to death, slowly. Potatos are lethal.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly! Marijuana by definition is a plant, it just happens to contain chemical compounds. You wouldn't call a poppy flower a drug would you? No, you'd call it a plant because that's what it is, but people will scar them and make heroin out of the sap they collect.

Weed contains THC like the Coca contains cocaine.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Exactly! Marijuana by definition is a plant, it just happens to contain chemical compounds. You wouldn't call a poppy flower a drug would you? No, you'd call it a plant because that's what it is, but people will scar them and make heroin out of the sap they collect.
    Yeah ok, I got little knowledge to weed, smoked it like 5 times, seen some smoke it, but thats it. So THC is the 'brown-thingy' that we call 'hasj' in Norway? Usualy we get it in a square shape compressed, and then we mix it up with normal tobaco. And weed/marijuana is the green stuff you can smoke by it self?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah ok, I got little knowledge to weed, smoked it like 5 times, seen some smoke it, but thats it. So THC is the 'brown-thingy' that we call 'hasj' in Norway? Usualy we get it in a square shape compressed, and then we mix it up with normal tobaco. And weed/marijuana is the green stuff you can smoke by it self?
    Here's the run down:
    First we have marijuana which is just the plant. From there you can cook it down w/ butter and create cannabutter for baking edibles. You can kief up the bud, meaning you can toss it around on a metal screen, allowing all the pollen or what most call kief (keef) to settle below the screen and collect. This kief is actually the THC/CBD's that give the user the initial high. This is used to create hash by compressing it very very hard and using some heat to make it solid. You can also create BHO which is concentrated THC... you use a tube like instrument w/ a coffee filter on one side and small hole on the other so that you can flush the bud inside w/ butane. The butane strips the marijuana of it's THC and allows it to filter through the filter without any plant material getting through. You cook the butane out which leaves an oil that's called BHO. Based on how you cook it, it can either be gooey and sticky or it can be hard and shatter on touch. You can also make hash using ice and that's called bubble hash.

I know I went a bit further and explained a bit more, but that's just some of the various ways people create extracts. Just to clarify, the brown stuff you're smoking is hash, which is probably created by compacting it and using a certain amount of heat. Marijuana is just the plant/buds that you typically buy.

Well Hash has THC in it, just as weed has it. But in the grand scheme yes, you got it.