Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Black Rock Mountain revamp

Hi. So, any ideas about the lore development in the redesigned classic dungeon?

It has something to do with the dark irons... I guess... Or something completely new and unexpected. Black Rock Mountain might be quite empty now.

Empty corridors full of shadows...

I would prefer they stop tinkering with the classic dungeons.
    I hate what they have done with Scholomance, and I'm sure
    UBRS will be butchered.

Deleted
    The new scholomance is ten time better as the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kordan View Post
    Hi. So, any ideas about the lore development in the redesigned classic dungeon?

It has something to do with the dark irons... I guess... Or something completely new and unexpected. Black Rock Mountain might be quite empty now.

Empty corridors full of shadows...
    It's UBRS/LBRS that's getting revamped, not BRD. It will be about the Blackrock orcs of the Old horde, that's all. Logical, considering we're killing Rend Blackhand's father in 6.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kor'kron remenants or Iron Horde that manage to get through the first invasion. It wont be Dark Iron related, its UBRS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally love the idea. The blackrock area is iconic and makes a lot of sense for this storyline. I would agree that they do tinker a bit too much with old stuff, but they did such an amazing job with Scholomance and the Scarlet instances that I can't see this coming out anything less than spectacular.
    It depends what route they go down though. The 5 man was notorious for being extremely long and winding. I would love to see this again, but there would have to be some direction for pug groups.

Only time will tell!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Absolutely not.
    I agree with Kuraga, I liked the new Scholomance more than the old Scholomance. Back on to BRM, I really hope what they do is fitting to the story of the Orcs, and they leave Dragons and Ogres out of it this time. It would also be interesting if they include the Troll City.... maybe thats how we get our troll fix that Blizzard seems to love to give every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Drobu View Post
    I would prefer they stop tinkering with the classic dungeons.
    I hate what they have done with Scholomance, and I'm sure
    UBRS will be butchered.
    Agreed.

They never work out really well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Oh, god, no. The new Scholomance is horrible.

I am worried as well with what they will do to the place. Would rather they keep it and make a new version for heroic mode. Didnt like the scholomance revamp or the scarlet one, at first was cool but after I started to miss the old versions.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Agreed.

They never work out really well.
    They do, they turn old, outdated and irrelevant dungeons back into something useful. And that without having to create tons of new art assets, saving time for more important things.

The original conception of Scholomance might've been better when it was released than the revamp is when it's released, but the revamps are vastly better than the originals in today's day and age. Confusing mazes as dungeons that take up to 2 hours to complete simply don't work anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Kor'kron remenants or Iron Horde that manage to get through the first invasion. It wont be Dark Iron related, its UBRS.
    Why does that mean it can't be Dark Iron related? I think that the enemies will be True Horde Remnants, but the Alliance side of things will focus on the Dark Iron clearing out their mountain. The Horde side on bringing justice to Garrosh' remaining loyalists.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    They do, they turn old, outdated and irrelevant dungeons back into something useful. And that without having to create tons of new art assets, saving time for more important things.
    They do turn old content into something useful, I'll agree to that. However, it's has not one time been as good as the original.

The original conception of Scholomance might've been better when it was released than the revamp is when it's released, but the revamps are vastly better than the originals in today's day and age. Confusing mazes as dungeons that take up to 2 hours to complete simply don't work anymore.
    and yet in every case, the original have always been better.

Like most revamps, blizzard will butcher the hell out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    and yet in every case, the original have always been better.

Like most revamps, blizzard will butcher the hell out of it.
    New Deadmines and Shadowfang are far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post

the reason long dungeons dont work anymore is because everyone wants to faceroll content. the journey is more important than the end or the start. an rpg is a time sink. there is a reason shit takes long to complete, and thats because its about the journey. I feel like i achieved a more worthwhile value out of doing something that took a bit longer and possibly harder route than doing a dungeon that takes all of 15 minutes of aoe pulls
    Last edited by lolzsec; 2014-02-24 at 09:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO the new ones are better. Nostalgia blinds us. Also do it in CM mode and see how it goes.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Blackrock Kor'kron last stand is indeed a good possibility.

Deleted
    What I like of the current U/LBRS is that they do not feel as a zone specifically crafted for a party to run through. Rather, they feel as a "home" for their inhabitants. With the revamping, I guess Blizzard is going to streamline the zone, and every corner may appear as one having a big arrow sign with written "next boss this way". It does break immersion when the whole dungeon is just a long corridor with bosses one right after the other.

Even in raids: compare the structure of Karazhan to SoO. Karazhan is not a long corridor, but feels more as a "real" thing (even if it may seem a bit too labirynth-y at first). SoO in comparison is just a glorified linear corridor.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Oh, god, no. The new Scholomance is horrible.
    I agree. It's ridiculous. I have to turn the sound off when the speech comes on. It sounds silly like a soap opera for goth types. I hope they don't do something silly with UBRS like that.

-Nish
    I don't know everything about baseball. Most people don't know 'everything' about baseball. People fall into two two categories. Person A will, when they see I don't know something, try to explain it to me in detail so I understand it. Person B will use their knowledge to make me out to be stupid. Person B is no friend of mine.