Thread: Disappointed?

Disappointed?

Infernals are mindless demonic constructs. Why have the Infernals been a Guardian Demon for so long? If we can summon Wrathguards, which are Man'ari Eredar, who serve as leaders of the Burning a legion, then why can't we summon Infernals without having a drawback like a 10 minute CD? Even for the sake of vanity we can't obtain what should be ours, which is more minions to summon without having to pick up a talent point that replaces the demons we can summon with different ones.

When a caster is exposed to Fel energy constantly, they eventually undergo a demonic transformation, becoming Demons themselves. The blood of a Demon is called Felblood, and all Demons contain Felblood. Fel magic employs The use of Felblood. Regardless of specialization, all Warlocks use Fel magic, therefore all Warlock specializations should have a Demon Form. Our Demon Form should be permanent without picking up some lame Level 100 talent, because lore-wise, we should be a Demon by now.

Who is disappointed like me?

Quote Originally Posted by VisionOfPerfection View Post
    Infernals are mindless demonic constructs. Why have the Infernals been a Guardian Demon for so long? If we can summon Wrathguards, which are Man'ari Eredar, who serve as leaders of the Burning a legion, then why can't we summon Infernals without having a drawback like a 10 minute CD? Even for the sake of vanity we can't obtain what should be ours, which is more minions to summon without having to pick up a talent point that replaces the demons we can summon with different ones.

When a caster is exposed to Fel energy constantly, they eventually undergo a demonic transformation, becoming Demons themselves. The blood of a Demon is called Felblood, and all Demons contain Felblood. Fel magic employs The use of Felblood. Regardless of specialization, all Warlocks use Fel magic, therefore all Warlock specializations should have a Demon Form. Our Demon Form should be permanent without picking up some lame Level 100 talent, because lore-wise, we should be a Demon by now.

Who is disappointed like me?
    Fel magic does not turn you into a demon according to wow lore. Fel magic is arcane magic infused with demon blood. The Orcs drank demon blood. Did they turn into demons? No. A little crazy? Yes. But not demonic. I can't believe that with all of the cool warlock changes that ppl are actually disappointed with anything warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Fel magic does not turn you into a demon according to wow lore. Fel magic is arcane magic infused with demon blood. The Orcs drank demon blood. Did they turn into demons? No. A little crazy? Yes. But not demonic. I can't believe that with all of the cool warlock changes that ppl are actually disappointed with anything warlock.
    You're actually wrong. Fel magic, when exposed too it, turns the caster into a Demon. Proof?

http://wowpedia.org/Felblood_elf

If you go to the Throne of Kil'jaeden, Felblood Elves are engorging on Demonic blood, causing them to become Demonic.

More proof?

http://wowpedia.org/Quest:Shadow_Lord_Fel%27dan

Fel magic corrupts. Quite a few races were transformed by Fel magics, such as the Felbloars, who were normal boars transformed into Demons. Warlocks were former Mages or Shamans, so according to you, a Draenei could use Fel magic and not turn into a Man'ari Eredar? So you're supporting Draenei Warlocks as a playable race/class combination?

- - - Updated - - -

Fel'dan is a Warlock, and it's because of his exposure to Fel magic and Demons that caused him to become "more Demon than Orc". Drinking Mannoroth's blood turned the orcs' skin Green, barring the ones on Draenor. Fel energy is Green. An although there was a time when the Orcs were abandoned by the Legion, they still retained their Green skin, which is a result from being tainting with Fel energy, and the Night Elves were able to detect the demonic taint the Orcs had.

Infernals are mindless demonic constructs, which is established in WoW lore. Lore-wise and in-game, Warlocks summon Demons like imps, Observers, Felhounds, Felguards, Succubi, Shivarra, and even Wrathguards, which are all demonic races that are sentient and intelligible. We don't need a 10 minute CD to summon Wrathguards or Shivarra, which lore-wise are more powerful than the Infernal. There are many things to be disappointed about when Blizzard provides us with lore about our class and not represent the lore they provided in-game, Raiding and PVP are the only important things in WoW, there is no other way you can have fun, can't even role play correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know where you get that about Infernals, but you know your way around wowpedia, pretty clear in Sargeras page there that Infernals were amongst the original Demon races that served to corrupt him. They may be constructs, but there's nothing to suggest they're mindless, at all. Quite the opposite, they're sentient constructs of the oldest most powerful Demon races out there, being able to grab one is a very big deal.

As for becoming a Demon, it isn't as straight forward as using Fel magic or drinking demon blood. Pretty clear in green fire quest that not all demons have Fel taint or even serve the Legion.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2014-02-25 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Don't know where you get that about Infernals, but you know your way around wowpedia, pretty clear in Sargeras page there that Infernals were amongst the original Demon races that served to corrupt him. They may be constructs, but there's nothing to suggest they're mindless, at all. Quite the opposite, they're sentient constructs of the oldest most powerful Demon races out there, being able to grab one is a very big deal.
    Noooo, the Infernals were crafted by Mo'args and Gan'args. They are demonic constructs that are designed to destroy everything in its path. They are mindless, Sargeras wasn't able to understand the cause of the Demons' corruptive/destructive behavior. Since you've been on WoWpedia you should have taken a look at the Infernal page.

http://wowpedia.org/Infernal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionOfPerfection View Post
    Noooo, the Infernals were crafted by Mo'args and Gan'args. They are demonic constructs that are designed to destroy everything in its path. They are mindless, Sargeras wasn't able to understand the cause of the Demons' corruptive/destructive behavior. Since you've been on WoWpedia you should have taken a look at the Infernal page.

http://wowpedia.org/Infernal
    Unintelligent =/= Unsentient.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Unintelligent =/= Unsentient.

You can be unintelligent and still be able to feel things. Mindless = / = Unintelligent
    https://www.google.com/#q=sentient

Infernals are mindless and aren't sentient.

Edit: it's weird because they are described as mindless constructs yet they can understand Eredun, meaning they are able to perceive sound. They are also described as being very unintelligent but being mindless is not the same as being unintelligent so it's weird. Anyways, the point I'm getting is that Infernals aren't intelligent at all, and the Demons we can permanently summon are intelligent and are lore-wise more powerful than Infernals, so they shouldn't be a Guardian pet and should be a permanent minion without the need of a talent point.

I want to be able to summon Satyrs, Infernals, and Incubi. I want a male seducing Demon, I ain't no like the straight people here.
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2014-02-25 at 10:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's pretty conflicting in it's own page, so when it says 'mindless', I really don't think it means that quite as literally as you're taking it. It is afterall a word far more often used figuratively in any case. They are unintelligent but able to understand a language; they're sentient, just not very clever and that lack of intellect if anything would make them harder to control or come to an agreed contract with - because that's the deal it is, not willful absolute controlled puppet mastery - and it's easier to manage adults than toddlers.

I think at this point the game has just gotten too big with too much demand, so it's a lot harder for them to add correct lore to each and every class. I'm definitely not an expert on WoW lore, but i'm sure there are similar mistakes/odd things with other classes/races in-game. Definitely good to voice your opinion though, because with enough backing they might actually change things. In the meantime, I think there's a way you can look at things rp-wise so you don't get upset. Just imagine that your warlock is so powerful now (Since he/she can summon some of those more powerful minions) that they do not need or care to summon infernals often. Obviously it still leads the question of why can you summon some of those minions permanently in the first place, but if you could summon those then what use do you need of an infernal.

As far as the turning into a demon goes I definitely agree. Even the demonic form warlocks have right now is more of a "use a powerful spell to temporarily grant you demonic form/abilities" rather than actually becoming demonic. One thing i'd like to see in the future for warlocks is a new resource for abilities. Obviously soul shards are cool, but I think they should wipe out mana and replace it with something else. More like warrior's rage, something that builds up over time, maybe with the more damage you cause to the enemy. And then what they could do is have a visual effect of turning more demonic-like as your resource fills up (horns, wings, etc). This would kind of mimic the idea of turning more demonic as you use more fel-magic.