Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Tomb of Sargeras would tie nicely into a N'zoth/South Seas expansion, I wouldn't be too surprised to see it make a comeback.
    You just lost The Game

I didn't realize actually having raided Dragon Soul qualified me as a "lore nerd".

Pretty sure someone at some time mentioned that we won't be coming back to azeroth in this expansion.

Nope. Next expansion is going to be the Ogre continent. We're already seeing more diversity with Ogres in WoD and more diversity in the Arrakoa. The burning legion originally chose the Orcs because they were the "perfect porridge" of Draenor. The Ogres were huge and evil, but so mentally stunted it took magical mutations to get them smart enough to be warlocks. Arrakoa were intelligent and already using dark magic, but were physically frail. The Orcs were just right.

So we'll see the Burning legion change tactics and work out a deal with the Arrakoa and Ogres to get them to work together against us.

Alternatively:

The ogre empire is collapsing and the Horde moves in to fold them into their ranks. Alliance rushes in and folds the Arrakoa in. Then we have MOP: Draenor Style.
    Last edited by Potassiumgluconate; 2014-02-25 at 11:25 PM.
    The post that Blizzard banned me for:
    2014-11-28 19:55:26 [Trade - City] Potassiumgluconate: female dwarf butts are the best thing that this expansion has given us.
    Butts are a touchy subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Potassiumgluconate View Post
    The ogre empire is collapsing and the Horde moves in to fold them into their ranks. Alliance rushes in and folds the Arrakoa in. Then we have MOPraenor Style.
    I'd prefer this one if we go to Ogrevania in the expansion after WoD, especially with playable Alliance Arrakoa.

And why would alt gul'dan fare better than MU gul'dan when he opens the tomb?

Deleted
    According to wowpedia

"Sargeras (or an illusion of Sargeras) as seen in a flashback of Gul'dan in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne:"

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...rcraft_III.jpg

Its possible ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    "Watch me be right".

God, I despise people like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't even remember which game he went to the tomb in yet thinks his going to be right about this...
    Aye mate

15+ Year Old Account
    We'll fight lower half of Kil'jaeden this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    We'll fight lower half of Kil'jaeden this time.
    Heh, no thanks. I really don't want to wrestle under the demons skirt for 10 minutes.

I'm sticking with my theory: disaffected draenei turn to Gul'dan for aid in stopping the iron horde after having lost the leadership of Velen. A new breed of Manari are born, then gathered by agents of Sargeras and used to attack other Azeroth; as the orcs were in our time line. Final raid is stopping the Manari horde from entering other Azeroth through upside down Karazhan. Prince Malchezar is a final boss, many already defeated warlords are fought again as old school deathknights.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Heh, no thanks. I really don't want to wrestle under the demons skirt for 10 minutes.
    Somehow that reminded me of Dante's Inferno final boss. Once you notice Lucifer's dangling 2-feet-long dick, you can't unsee it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grishnok View Post
    With Blizzard hinting at a Burning Legion Xpac in the future (as we saw from Wrathions questline), and talking about Gul'dan being a potential ally and looking at how Blizzard does their storylines I have put some pieces together and have come up with what I think will be the final boss of WoD.

I think somewhere near the end of WoD (second to last raid patch) Gul'dan will completely backstab us and via the same method (probably the infinite dragon flight) will go to an older version of Azeroth and head to the Tomb of Sargeras once again like he did in Warcraft 2? or 3? cant remember. The final raid will be the bronze dragonflight taking us there to stop him in the Tomb of Sargeras. Gul'dan will be the second to last boss with the last boss being an image of Sargeras but not really Sargeras himself. (much like we fought the upper half of Kil'jaden in Sunwell and sent him back. We will push him back, but that will also altert Sargeras to Azeroth's presence and thus will start the next xpac where the burning legion are invading Azeroth.

thoughts?
    You were wrong.

I can't find it now, but I clearly remember reading one of the devs saying that HFC would be the final raid of the expansion, with the possibility of another major patch bringing new content, but not a new raid. I also remember them saying on multiple occasions that garrisons took the place of a third raid tier for this xpac.

Thus, the impression I had was that some story stuff will happen for patch 6.3 (or later) that will wrap the story up, without a new raid (which would be pretty disappointing to me).

LOL you could be right, not a bad thought at all mate.
    Not a fan of using elo boost to rank up.
    but i prefer the tier list instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    We will definitely travel to an alternate past of Azeroth, so much content there.
    Yes but on the alternate azeroth, you actually have to level up backwards. Losing levels as you go so that time walker dungeons can be made relevant and worth doing. You get to do all the content over again but backwards.

Things like, revive 13 boars with 40 mystic meat (you need 40 because not all boars are made of meat so it sometime doesn't work) you then turn in the quest to the quest taker for reviving them. He thanks you for repopulating Elwynn forest.

Once you get to level 1, you are whisked off to WOW 2.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-06-30 at 08:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grishnok View Post
    Gul'dan being a potential ally
    Stopped reading there. Try harder.

I had an interesting discussion this morning along these lines, definitely looks like they're heading in the direction of making Gul'dan some sort of end boss. I'll be curious to see what direction they go with this, whether it means another tier, a solo boss instance, or series of new 5-mans.

Lame, I wanted him as new warchief

"Hellfire Citadel 2.0 was only a setback!"