Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Dungeon: Bloodmaul Slag Mines

Anyone else think that it's a rehash of Blackrock Caverns from Cataclysm? I'm thinking: yes this is new content, certainly, but still, I've seen something like this in so many different places in the game already .

10+ Year Old Account
    So what you're saying is that a mine, looks like a mine. Meh, not even gonna bother.

To be fair, that's what i'm expecting from most of the Iron Horde stuff. The only thing that goes through my mind is, "We've seen this all before."

Now if we see some Draenei-themed dungeons/content? Then i'll be impressed.

Deleted
    Mines; check
    Bloodmaul ogres; check
    Slags and forges; check

what is the problem, exactly?
    I'm very excited, it looks like a peculiar design with some scenes we can relate to. For instance, the very first shot with the ogres guarding the bridge reminded me more of Blackrock Depths and Spire.

Deleted
    > Blizz makes traditional looking dungon/setting
    >> We've already seen that! They're lazy

> Blizz makes completely new setting (Pandaria)
    >> This sucks, this is not Warcraft

You people will never stop to complain, will you?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell is the deal, Blizz? Me and 4 other dudes go into a place, kill some trash, then kill a boss, rinse/repeat until I get the reward for finishing the dungeon, then zone out?

Haven't I seen this before?

Blizz has run out of ideas!

Spoiler: OP doesn't even know what a rehash is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it'll have similarities. It's a mine.

That's how mines are.

Very mine-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Magarishun View Post

A thousand times this. I remember people ranting about the Mechanar / Arcatraz / Botanica looking too anti-fantasy setting. >.>;

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    A thousand times this. I remember people ranting about the Mechanar / Arcatraz / Botanica looking too anti-fantasy setting. >.>;
    I've been saying this for two and a half years. Let me spare you the agony: no matter how rational you try to be, you will never talk sense into these people. They are determined to take a game that's supposed to be fun and then get their panties in a bunch complaining about it the whole time.

Of course it'll have similarities. It's a mine.

That's how mines are.

Very mine-y.
    Exactly, but alas, see above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please try to remember that different people complain about different things... With a population base in the millions, someone's always going to complain about something. Expressing your disbelief openly over such a simple fact is more than a little inane. Same goes to the poster above me - your boring righteous anger gets you nowhere. It's not the same people complaining no matter what - when someone sees something they don't like, some of them choose to complain about it, and it will happen every time. Understood? Cool.

OP - Doesn't look too similar at all. The theme in BRC was very different, other than, obviously, being in a mine. Reminds me of people calling every fantasy MMO an immediate ripoff of WoW because they dare to use a non-realistic setting with orcs, elves, dwarves etc. Kinda amusing. Not to mention, any fantasy writer who ever DARES to write about dangerous happenings underground MUST, of course, be a direct ripoff of Tolkein's Moria/Khazad-dum.

That being said, I've never been less interested in a dungeon/raid theme/premise than the Iron Horde. I literally couldn't care less about Orcish war machines, or anything of the sort. Ogres are more interesting, to me. And the rest of Draenor, and all the other themes, are what's really drawing me into WoD.
    Last edited by Constraint; 2014-02-25 at 11:29 PM.

BRC was a great dungeon so... good?

Haha, really? That sounds like the WoW fanbase alright :P

Those dungeons are really cool, I wish you saw them more while levelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I-I'm... stunned. I have no idea how anyone can look at this place and think "This looks a lot like Blackrock Caverns." Maybe that first little part in the very beginning with the lava and shit, but.... I'm sorry, really?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    BRC was a great dungeon so... good?

Haha, really? That sounds like the WoW fanbase alright :P

Those dungeons are really cool, I wish you saw them more while levelling.
    Mm, there was a lot of outcry about them iirc. Too brightly coloured, too many sparkly effects etc. Apart from burning out on the Mechanar, I absolutely loved the instances, even though I didn't particularly enjoy Netherstorm, other than the looks.

Oh, and at risk of sounding like a broken record - BRING BACK WINGED DUNGEONS. Saves so much time on development by sharing art assets among 3-4 wings, and allows a continuing theme in dungeons, and allows so many more dungeons to be created! Rawr!

I love seeing the Ogre's have slaves. Usually, the big brutes are the ones pushing the heavy equipment, but even the Ogre empire is classy enough to leave menial labour to their 'servants'. Makes them seem like an actual society.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks great to be fair...

Deleted
    I'd like to thank this hater for being so well-informed, maybe i woudnt have saw this video of that dungeon that will totally pwns asses, without this rage-fag, and more generally all the ragers that are more informed than any other people, because they gotta be the first to criticate anything that is new. Its just like those guys that instant-dislike 3secs old videos on youtube : "hey this is new ! I HAAAAAAAAATEEEEEE THAAAAAAT !!!!!! IT WAS BETTER BEFOOOOOOOOOOORREEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!! WOW IS DEEEEAAAAAADDDDDDDD !!!"

Deleted

The answer to all of these posts

New content can still fit with the theme.

I liked the Silvershard mines zone, would have been fun if they had a dungeon similarly themed. Not everything new has to be a completely radical change.