Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    CoH is holy signature spell and, apart from T90 talents, PoH is disc's only aoe spell.

It's more likely they keep CoH and revamp PoH into something not group based. I may be the only one and I know PoH has its drawbacks, but I like it the way it is. It gives flavor to the spell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Lots of people only play for competitive PvP, for all Shadow PvP mains it doesn't exist. That we can use it while questing from 87 to 90 isn't worth mentioning for them. Even in PvE, as you mentioned, it's just bizarre to have a 10 minute cooldown on it. They could balance it, they could rework it, they could do something here - but they chose to do nothing about it when they decided it was too strong (and I'm not even sure they would still agree with that position).
    We were completely overpowered in raiding back then. We clearly needed to have this CD increased from 6 to 10 minute to put us back in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post
    Psychic Scream apparently has already been removed... perhaps because aoe CC in general is being trimmed. I only hope it at least means Psychic Horror on a similar cooldown is replacing it, if we don't get it back in another form. Also, with the tendency for us to be sat on in pvp... I'm hoping it means we get some kind of ability that lets us break some form of CC, perhaps a lesser version of phantasm. Otherwise, without psychic scream we'll be even more vulnerable to CC from melee, since trinket+fear bomb will no longer be an option to break from the beat down.

I would love if dispersion gained a fear on hit mechanic. (The priest disperses into a fear-inducing gas)

Its hard to say at this point, as its still early in beta, what is missing from being rebuilt, condensed or just completely gone. I mean, at the beginning of MoP beta... we didn't even have the new talents, so there's plenty still up in the air.

All I know is that when it comes to feedback... I'm tired of shadow being the sat-on class. If other classes can be killed by being sat on as well, I'd like to be able to at least withstand a similar beating.

Of all abilities we have though, I think shackle undead can just be lumped in with void tendrils... glyph of shackle undead can just give void tendrils the appearance of shackle undead.
    If all casters lose a bunch of their mobility, and are put in line with shadow's mobility then there is hope for us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    If all casters lose a bunch of their mobility, and are put in line with shadow's mobility then there is hope for us.
    Or - more likely - people will just stack melee and hunters - because they won't have mobility issues.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Or - more likely - people will just stack melee and hunters - because they won't have mobility issues.
    No worries, the mage & lock community's QQ will work in our favor!! All casters will be buffed within a week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Spriest could lose
    - Renew
    - Inner Will
    - Binding Heal
    - Hymn of Hope

Can't think of anything else that would make any sense.
    They can't remove Shadowform, Psychic Scream, and our standard rotation abilities.
    You don't get the point of reducing ability bloat. Stuff that you click twice a day do not cause bloat.
    Stuff that you use all time time does.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    You don't get the point of reducing ability bloat. Stuff that you click twice a day do not cause bloat.
    Stuff that you use all time time does.
    I don't think you understand button bloat. The fact you only use it twice a day means its bloat not stuff that you use all the time.

Example Shadow Word: Death vs Void Shift.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    I don't think you understand button bloat. The fact you only use it twice a day means its bloat not stuff that you use all the time.

Example Shadow Word: Death vs Void Shift.
    One is part of your rotation, the other one is a 10 minute cooldown.

One is part of your rotation, the other one is a 10 minute cooldown.
    Exactly, one is used. The other one is a shit spell that most people have on there bars but never use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    Exactly, one is used. The other one is a shit spell that most people have on there bars but never use.
    My DKs love me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow should get baseline Mindbender, and the Mindbender talent should become Adult Mindbender for Shadow spec - single target damage fix

Adult Mindbender Concept Video below!

Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

My name is Dierdre and I approve this message.

Oh no, don't brink LoLthingy in WoW please >.<

Homophobia is so gay.

Indeed everyone should approve. Mindbender with Sha of Pride model with it's death ray as the main attack. Who wouldn't like to carry around a boss as a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I have a feeling that our "fun" spells are what's going away unless they are removing some healing spells from shadow priests. I could see prayer of mending being an ability that hits the chopping block.
    Prayer of Mending and 90 talents have cast times in WoD.

...or so I've heard.

Deleted
    I hate pets. If he's 3 min at least I see him less often. If he's a Shadowfiend at least he sounds like he belongs to me.

Just bring Dark Archangel back already.

Also, very disappointing announcements made by Blizzard yesterday for priests: nothing.

Deleted
    I hate pets. If he's 3 min at least I see him less often. If he's a Shadowfiend at least he sounds like he belongs to me.

Just bring Dark Archangel back already.

Also, very disappointing announcements made by Blizzard yesterday for priests: nothing.
    We might hear a little more following the healing and health blog post. It will be interesting to see how the racials will impact race choices for priests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adult Mindbender based on that vid? 10/10 would spec and never ever re-talent.

No worries, the mage & lock community's QQ will work in our favor!! All casters will be buffed within a week.
    Agreed. But by all casters you meant just the Locks and Mages right?

I'm not going to pretend to know how Lock and Mage movement DPS is handled, but I can't see the Ele. Shams losing their LvB procs and their LBs on the move. At a pinch, they still have Spiritwalker's Grace anyway if LB on the move is gone. Might need the CD dropped for Ele spec only if it is. Boomkins will always have their DoTs, and I can't see Starsurge procs being removed either. Lunar Shower is perhaps the only thing I can see changing for them, with perhaps a small cast time added to the front of it (the effect remaining the same afterwards).

TBH though I think Boomkin/Fire Mage mobile DPS is where all casters should be at, at the very least. Some small damage increase compensation for instant DoT spamming and a baseline proc ability or a lower damage spammable moving ability. Either of which can contribute still towards the main rotation. I.e. Starsurge affects Eclipse states, crit Scorches generates heating up procs for insta Pyros. For us Shadow Priests, I think just having DI become baseline would be best and (for really heavy movement fights) a glyph for SW:P that increases the instant damage portion, but decreases the duration perhaps?

But if they do break caster movement DPS for everyone, then at least we hybrids can all still heal on the move right? There's still that going for us..... :<

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Hopefully, Divine Star, Cascade and Halo will all be removed or significantly nerfed.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow should get baseline Mindbender, and the Mindbender talent should become Adult Mindbender for Shadow spec - single target damage fix

haha that's awesome!

For Holy Priest:

- Sw:P
    - Chakra (Serenity, Sanctuary and Chastise will take one for the team if it means removing that awful playstyle)
    - Void Shift
    - Binding Heal
    - Dispel Magic (offensive)
    - SW: Death

For Shadow:
    - Vampiric Touch (And good riddance)
    - Renew
    - Binding Heal
    - PoM
    - Inner Will
    - Leap of Faith
    - Possibly Hymn of Hope, not sure about that one.

Spells I could see removed from all priests

- Fortitude (Make it a passive like Leader of the Pack)
    - Mind Control (Listen, I LOVE Mind Control. But in today's WoW its a channeled CC that is hard to operate. I'd like it to become a glyph but who knows)
    - Psychic Scream (to replace above removed talent)
    - Power Word: Shield (make it baseline for Disc only)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Hopefully, Divine Star, Cascade and Halo will all be removed or significantly nerfed.
    Get out of here.

Just looking at my suggested removed spells for shadow, I've already cleared 4 of my main finger hotkeys and an obnoxious raid spell AKA Leap of Faith that only us healers have the capacity to be trusted with

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Stuff they could kill:
    Shackle Undead. This one is a nobrainer.
    Both armor buffs. What are they really doing for you? (not taking keybinds though!)
    Psychic Scream, if they really want to reduce the CC. They could put it into the T1 talent row I guess...
    Fade. It's sad, but aggro ain't an issue anymore.

Holy: PWS I can really see going away, replaced with Renew
    Disc & Shadow: Renew. PWS fills the same niche.
    Disc & Holy: Heal. What did that crappy spell ever do for anyone?
    Shadow: Mind Spike

And I frankly wouldn't cry if my thematically awkward shadowfiend/mindbender vanished from my healing specs.

Stuff they must not kill:
    Mind Vision. It's a 'cool toy'. Noone keybinds it anyway.
    Divine Hymn. I can see it getting a much steeper cooldown though, assuming the equivalent spells follow suit!
    Shackle Undead is a niche spell and doesn't have a keybind (at least not since Wrath) I don't see it going.
    Fade has uses beyond an aggro dump, I macro it to my shadowfiend to make it tank - its won me fights in brawler's guild (also see tier 2 talent Phantasm)
    Mind Spike? Really? Its a core spell.
    Divine Hymn will be less powerful with haste snapshotting I believe.

For Glyphs - Make Mind Vision a glyph and nobody loses, make the mana regen effect of Vampiric Touch a glyph that restores mana when you mind flay.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2014-02-28 at 07:14 PM.