Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SW:D takes forever to activate

I know I'm not the only spriest out there thoroughly annoyed about this. By the time the server realizes the target is below 20% health, it's dead and I get 0 orbs.

Is this something that can even be fixed

Deleted
    Read something about this not being fixable, at least not yet anyway. Pretty lame but we just have to live with it.

Deleted
    I assume it is the same for all executes right ?

Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    I assume it is the same for all executes right ?
    It must be, but its extra punishing on priests

I think there was a macro that switches your target to something else and then back so you can cast SWD faster because it activates instantly if you target something with less than 20% hp. Not using it myself though.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsay View Post
    I think there was a macro that switches your target to something else and then back so you can cast SWD faster because it activates instantly if you target something with less than 20% hp. Not using it myself though.
    Indeed if you retarget the mob, it instantly checks the hp

Quote Originally Posted by Cleary View Post
    Like everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleary View Post
    Oh please. It's just as bad on a Destro Lock, not being able to get 2 embers.

To me it feels like Shadowburn takes longer to activate then SW, Not by much mind you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Candyforged View Post
    To me it feels like Shadowburn takes longer to activate then SW, Not by much mind you.
    It will be equally bad in terms of delay - since its the exact same bug. The impact of delaying a Death is probably as bad or worse than delaying a Shadowburn though, I'd wager

The easy solution is to go back to use the mandatory Glyph of Pre-Mists Shadow Word: Death, which is pretty much mandatory for PvE and PvP - since it fixes this problem. Simply use the mandatory glyph, and make a weakaura to track the health of your target, and for whatever reason, Weakauras tracks health better and faster than the Blizzard frames: so you can death before the mobs are dead.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

IMO it sucks even worse for affli, because Drain Soul needs to tic before granting you shards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    It will be equally bad in terms of delay - since its the exact same bug. The impact of delaying a Death is probably as bad or worse than delaying a Shadowburn though, I'd wager
    Not sure on this. It would depend on... factors. Like, would you have refreshed or gained ToF as well? Were you using Havoc? How many embers were you on and how was your ember usage going to be in the next seconds afterwards? How many orbs were you on and how was your orb usage going to be in the next few seconds? What is the CD of your Mind Blast? Are you using DI? Are you using Insanity? Can you turret for 8 sec?

The only fight in SoO I have the issue on is Garrosh on 25. Strangely, not every try (no we don't one shot it yet ...)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ice216 View Post
    Indeed if you retarget the mob, it instantly checks the hp
    Would this work:

#showtooltip Shadow Word: Death
    /targetlasttarget
    /targetlasttarget
    /cast Shadow Word: Death

it's only bad if your reactions are sub-par.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Wouldn't using mouseover SW:Smile work? That's how I'm doing on Destro (of course it comes with Havoc not registering some SB... but Shadow has no such problems). May not help if you are targetting mob but it's way faster if you want to snipe something in clump.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryxi View Post
    Read something about this not being fixable, at least not yet anyway. Pretty lame but we just have to live with it.
    This was my initial instinct when reading the thread; I thought that there was a post a loooong way back specifying that it's just server lag that makes it wait to register that the target is below 20% health. It'd be awesome if there indeed existed a macro that would allow for a quicker response but even if it did exist we'd be screwed on single-target fights with nothing else to target

It's nothing to do with reactions being sub-par. You could be approaching 20% health on your target, hovering over your SW:Smiley button and spamming it as soon as it falls below 21% but it still won't activate for a second or so. It's frustrating.

It's all about latency and how fast the information can go between the server and your client. That's why it doesn't light up right away, beacaue it needs to realize that SW: D is viable. Just get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    it's only bad if your reactions are sub-par.
    Or your group destroys adds on fights like Malkorok and Seigecrafter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    Or your group destroys adds on fights like Malkorok and Seigecrafter.
    Then why don't you ask your group to kill slower so you can get more personal deeps.... I really really don't see you complaint other than wanting to inflate your self dps epeen some

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    Then why don't you ask your group to kill slower so you can get more personal deeps.... I really really don't see you complaint other than wanting to inflate your self dps epeen some
    It's not about inflating your personal DPS - Shadow and Locks gain real, tangible DPS gains on the boss as a result of making use of their execute mechanics. That isn't true for any other class. We generate our primary resources during execute range - if the ability lags for a few seconds, and the mob dies before we Death - Shadow Orbs are lost - the boss dies markedly slower: which puts the attempt at risk (longer fights are more opportunities for wipes).

For Shadow, Devouring Plague also represents a non-trivial amount of healing for us - it's the majority of our survivability at this point - so losing access to Shadow Orbs not only makes the fight take longer, it puts Spriests in particular at greater risk of dying.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Not sure on this. It would depend on... factors. Like, would you have refreshed or gained ToF as well? Were you using Havoc? How many embers were you on and how was your ember usage going to be in the next seconds afterwards? How many orbs were you on and how was your orb usage going to be in the next few seconds? What is the CD of your Mind Blast? Are you using DI? Are you using Insanity? Can you turret for 8 sec?

The only fight in SoO I have the issue on is Garrosh on 25. Strangely, not every try (no we don't one shot it yet ...)

- - - Updated - - -

Would this work:

#showtooltip Shadow Word: Death
    /targetlasttarget
    /targetlasttarget
    /cast Shadow Word: Death
    That macro does not work.