Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Clearing SoO Heroic

How far should you technically get in a 3 hour window on heroic mode? like where do most guilds find themselves? We can only see to get to Nazgrim after 3 hours. Wanna start getting to Spoils, any tips to speed it up?

on a bad night we've reached nazgrim, on a good night we've reached spoils.
    On average i'd say we normally get to malk but don't kill him.

Deleted
    You can easily clear the entire instance on heroic in 3 hours or less if you have half decent raiders. It's really not that hard.

No wipes I think is the most obvious and important one. Should only take about an hour and a half(ish) up through Nazgrim with no wipes and no breaks/afks.

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    You can easily clear the entire instance on heroic in 3 hours or less if you have half decent raiders. It's really not that hard.
    yes

any group that cannot full clear heroic in 3 hours is less than half decent

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have *very* skewed perception of "half decent" and "not that hard". Three hours for fourteen bosses is not easy, nor is it slow. Maybe if this was a speed run, with no looting, chain pulling, no swaps, no respecs, very high ilvl for very fast kills and not a single wipe on anything.

That, or it's just typical "I IS AWESOME" post and you know fully well this isn't easy, but expected praise and awe.

Best tip: Don't wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    You have *very* skewed perception of "half decent" and "not that hard". Three hours for fourteen bosses is not easy, nor is it slow. Maybe if this was a speed run, with no looting, chain pulling, no swaps, no respecs, very high ilvl for very fast kills and not a single wipe on anything.

That, or it's just typical "I IS AWESOME" post and you know fully well this isn't easy, but expected praise and awe.
    Most of his posts are like that. Likely just a troll. Or someone who wants praise for doing something he can't prove he did.

Anyways, on topic, we got to Malkorok today and wiped a couple times. On a good day we could clear to Thok.
    Last edited by Notdev; 2014-02-26 at 08:41 AM.

Our best clearing night saw us clear through Siegecrafter, which felt pretty damn good.

We got up to Siegecrafter tonight after 3 hours and took the last hour off since we'll finish it up tomorrow. Keep in mind we sell 11/14 to 2 people per night and tonight was no exception, we also wiped like 4 times total so you don't need perfect play to clear farm stuff fast.

Aside from not wiping to farm kills, a lot of time can get wasted with loot/sitting around. We rarely take more than 2 minutes setting up for a boss, and as soon as the boss is dead people are already heading out to start trash while our GM handles loot. We also don't do breaks often, only when we are having DC issues or something else disrupting the raid. If people need to use the bathroom/grab food or drinks they can easily do it during trash.

I definitely wouldn't say we rush through the instance, but people really enjoy clearing in one and a half nights. We're probably going to start doing only 3 hours from here until WoD since progression is over.

To really see where you're losing time I would have to actually watch you raid since up to nazgrim seems pretty slow for 3 hours unless you guys wipe a few times to farm bosses and have a lot of random pauses, but people who say it's easy to full clear in 3 hours are delusional. I farmed 8/8H dragonsoul twice a night and that took just under 4 hours for 16 bosses and minimal trash, whereas SoO is 14 bosses and has quite a bit of trash, most of which takes time since it heals/needs to be split up.

Deleted
    We got to Garrosh a few times last month, but trialing people (myself!) and just slower nights usually leaves us at Siegecrafter or Paragons.

My guild usually gets to Paragons within 3 hours, makes some dumb mistakes for an hour before killing it just before raid ends. Still looking for a one night clear (4 hour raid nights).

considering how it took Method 15 min to down both Sha and shamans at the blizzcon raid thingy, I can't imagine people making it to Nazgrim + clear trash within 1 hour

Best effort was 11/14h in a 3hr raid.

Deleted
    (1) don't wipe, (2) no slackers for pulls, (3) go ahead to clean trash after a boss dies, (4) group loot.

I have 2hours raids, normally first day we clean until spoils, second day until garrosh, third day kill garrosh hc, we still have some wipes on garrosh.

13/14H is our best in 10m. 12/14H in 25m. Both three hours.

Full clearing would probably push us past time by a tidbit even with 0 wipes on 25 man, and we do sometimes have wipes. Most weeks I expect 11/14H as a minimum before I'll call the raid, which I've done (and will do) even if it's not quite end time.

Deleted
    on a good night we kill siegecrafter heroic as 12th boss on a 3hour raid, but usually we end up killing Thok heroic (& sometimes have some tries on siegecrafter )

Deleted
    No wipes? Nazgrim on bad nights, but Spoils and Thok (1 tank 2 healer tact is amazing) are always one shots for us for some reason. Only two bosses we sometimes wipe to are Shamans and Malkorok, but since I suggested not cheesing dps on slimes and just kiting them instead (like we did our first kill 10 ilvls ago easily) and it's been a one shot since if we're the full team.

Hmmm, I wonder if you're "Yes" and "Yeah". HMMMM..... (lol) Seriously, if you're going to keep it up, why not change to a less obvious user name?

I think it's best to remember your name this time and not reply and let mods handle yet another one of your accounts.

Deleted
    Got up to Siegecrafter on our best run, haven't cleared for 2 weeks though now as we're working on Garrosh hc.

Finally saw phase 4 last night, yay

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post

It's not hard. Especially if you have already cleared it before because then you would really have no excuse for wiping. Let's do some very basic math here.

-All heroic difficulty

Immers- 5 minutes
    No trash
    Protectors - 5 minutes
    Trash - 3 minutes
    Norushen - 5 minutes
    Trash - 2 minutes
    Sha - 5 minutes
    Trash- 3 minutes
    Gala - 8 minutes
    No trash
    Jug- 5 minutes
    Trash- 5 minutes
    Shamans - 5 minutes
    Trash - 3 minutes (as long as you skip the demon thin like you should be doing)
    Nazgrim - 5 minutes
    Trash - 2 minutes (be smart and skip unnecessary trash)
    Malk - 4 minutes
    Trash- 3 minutes
    Spoils- 5 minutes
    Trash- 3 minutes
    Thok - 5 minutes
    Trash - 3 minutes
    Blackfuse - 5 minutes
    Trash - 2 minutes
    Paragons -6 minutes
    Trash - 4 minutes
    Garrosh - 12 minutes
    Total - 105 minutes or 1 hour and 45 minutes. Numbers may be slightly off but you get the idea.

So mathematically I'm correct when I say the instance CAN be cleared in 3 hours for less. It's all about not wasting time and afking. If you've cleared the instance before, then you should have no problem burning through this when it's on farm unless you have raiders who like to waste time afking or spending 5-20 minutes discussing loot drops.

And add to the fact people clearing these days have 575+ item level, you shouldn't have any issue clearing in the first place.
    Last edited by mmocaf4ebebc87; 2014-02-26 at 09:28 AM.